• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Havent played in ages. Got really bored with the game really quickly, but Summerset is one of my favorite locations lore-wise, so I pre-ordered the expansion to get Morrowind and I'm hopping back in. I remember level restrictions being lifted, but still getting my butt handed to me, so I'm not entirely sure how progression works in ESO.

Anyone else hopping back in right about now? I never made it very far in the mainstream content, but I intend to create a new character in Vvardenfell and just run that. Would love a few people to Discord and play with.

They made the entire game now scale to your level with the Tamriel Unlimited update a long time ago so you'll find overworld content much easier (too easy, IMO).

Morrowind is a great place to start and they tailored the zone/story to work for brand new players. The DLC areas are better than the base game (both in looks and quests).

Darkpyro2

Oct 27, 2017
They made the entire game now scale to your level with the Tamriel Unlimited update a long time ago so you'll find overworld content much easier (too easy, IMO).

Morrowind is a great place to start and they tailored the zone/story to work for brand new players. The DLC areas are better than the base game (both in looks and quests).
That's exciting to hear. If Summerset is a high quality release, I may just play this as religiously as I did SWTOR.

How long is the main storyline for Morrowind? Is it as populated with stuff as the 2003 game? I'm hearing between 3 and 30 hours and that's quite a range.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up over the weekend. Got it for £10 on Amazon with the Morrowind included.

Question though, so I started with the quest line that has me on a slaver ship etc. Is this a Morrowind starting zone I take it? I hear once I get off that island I can go do the 'original' story as it were. Can anybody advise?

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
I remember level restrictions being lifted, but still getting my butt handed to me, so I'm not entirely sure how progression works in ESO.

What level are you now? It may be a case of your build/equipment as I had a similar problem with my secondary character when they first introduced the level scaling.

--

Also, we're at 8 members for our guild! 2 more and we can use the bank! :)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
How long is the main storyline for Morrowind? Is it as populated with stuff as the 2003 game? I'm hearing between 3 and 30 hours and that's quite a range.

It's funny, the ESO devs basically recreated the entire island as it was in TES III so it's the same exact size but it feels way smaller just because you can move so fast in ESO especially with a mount whereas in TES III you were slow as shit. If you play tall he content, listen to the dialog for quests, and you're not in an all fired rush to get it all done, you can spend more than 30 hours.

Question though, so I started with the quest line that has me on a slaver ship etc. Is this a Morrowind starting zone I take it? I hear once I get off that island I can go do the 'original' story as it were. Can anybody advise?

Yeah, Morrowind was designed to start a brand new character there. It's a separate story from the base game, so you can finish that questline then move onto the main story later on.

Eindyien

Oct 30, 2017
I been thinking about picking this game up. How's the endgame? Are the dungeons and raids good?

I really like ff14, but don't like how they do the raids in that game.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Summerset and Morrowind for $30 is a pretty solid deal. I had to cop that pre-order, despite not even enjoying ESO all that much lol

I really wish the combat was better

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
The raids in ff14 are just one boss rooms. I like raids that make it like your progressing through a huge area with multiple bosses.

That sucks.

I think ultimately I'm gonna play it on my X. I love my Pc but I just want to sit on my chair and play and I got a feeling that won't be acceptable or up to the standards they should be on Pc when it comes to everyone else being kbm, I just want to play it how I play Destiny etc these days.

So going with the X.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Is there anyone that plays on Pc with controller and does well PvP and pve? Man I gotta say while the X version looks decent the fps is pretty rough, I want to play Pc so bad but not if I'm gonna just waste my time to end game and be useless with a controller

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Is there anyone that plays on Pc with controller and does well PvP and pve? Man I gotta say while the X version looks decent the fps is pretty rough, I want to play Pc so bad but not if I'm gonna just waste my time to end game and be useless with a controller

Yeah man, I tried the X version and it is ROUGH coming from PC. Looks and plays wayyy worse.

If I were you, I'd just play PC with a controller, you'll be fine.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Yeah man, I tried the X version and it is ROUGH coming from PC. Looks and plays wayyy worse.

If I were you, I'd just play PC with a controller, you'll be fine.

Yea what a shame in the x fps, I just couldn't handle that. I was set on playing it there but now that I'm strictly going Pc like most games it's just the choice, game runs locked 60 at 4k and looks incredible, so Pc it is.. If I can't PvP much then oh well but Pc it is for me.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So I got back into it because I still have to finish Orsinium DLC and the pre-order of Summerset gives me Morrowind on top - that's a nice deal. I am currently struggeling with the shit-ton of stuff I have collected in my bank and inventory. The marketplace just sucks in this game and it seems like a total gamble to sell lower level stuff. Also I still have no clue what a good price is for the items. There are several apps and lists floating around, but I didn't find one that seems really good. Anyone have a link to a google docs or something that might help me? I mainly want to sell crafting materials for all jobs. Wood, ore, food, runes ... Or should I just craft armors and weapons from all my stuff and sell them to NPCs. Gives some money at least without all the hassle. BTW I am on PS4, so no merchant-mods or what it's called for me.

EDIT: OK, I found that tamrieltradecenter Website. It's for PC and Console prices seem to be a bit higher, but it's a nice indicator. I'll try that.

Last edited:

MigrantOwl

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just jumped back in after buying the Summerset/Morrowind deal. I haven't played since launch and I'm really, really impressed at how everything has progressed. I'm leveling with my new main on Vvardenfell and having a blast. There doesn't seem to be as many random treasure chests as I remembered seeing at launch, so my playstyle of exploring every inch doesn't seem to be getting rewarded as much as it used to. Hopefully it's just a Vvardenfell thing and I'll get back to seeing my random treasures when I get off that rock.

The removal of level restrictions was an amazing move. I just started an alt and I was thrilled to find that I could jump into the Dark Brotherhood without having to level through other content to get to it. The fact that I'll be able to level a shady character through the Dark Brotherhood and Theives' Guild content is exciting.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I'm barely into the game and didn't buy Morrowind yet, but thinking about preordering Summerset because I really want to see Vvardenfell. Is it totally fine to head to the Morrowind stuff now (I'm like level 9 or something - been a while since I've played) or am I missing good early game stuff in the main game?

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I feel like I'm killing at a snails pace in Morrowind with my sorc. I did a sorc back with my main character when the game was close to launch and I don't recall having this type of slow kill speeds.

All I can do is just keep hoping for better gear drops during quests? Or are there some areas where people farm with their new chars for gear?

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I feel like I'm killing at a snails pace in Morrowind with my sorc. I did a sorc back with my main character when the game was close to launch and I don't recall having this type of slow kill speeds.

All I can do is just keep hoping for better gear drops during quests? Or are there some areas where people farm with their new chars for gear?

Mostly just hope for the best from drops (treasure chests are a good source for this, especially at lower levels) and quests. My favorite place to "farm" chest spawns back in the day was Kenarthi's Roost. I'd run along the coastline and always find several of them. Dunno if they've changed spawn % over the past couple of years, though.

MigrantOwl

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still loving this game, but man is inventory management a pain in the ass. I've been holding onto items that need to be researched and more than half of my inventory is taken up. I'd use the bank, but that is filled up with other stuff. So many items, so little space.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
If you are trying to have more than 1 (maybe 2) crafting skills on 1 character without ESO+ you are going to have a real bad time.

Also, more double xp coming on Wednesday for the 4th anniversary, and this time it's lasting for almost 2 weeks.

MigrantOwl

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are trying to have more than 1 (maybe 2) crafting skills on 1 character without ESO+ you are going to have a real bad time.

Also, more double xp coming on Wednesday for the 4th anniversary, and this time it's lasting for almost 2 weeks.

Well I guess I should strap myself in for a bad time. I'm going for 3 on my main and the other 3 on an alt. It'll be painful, but if I log on during the week when I'm too busy to play just to cycle research it should work out.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I've got like 15k crowns but the store is kind of overwhelming. What are the best things to be buying early on? I have ESO+.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
I'm still loving this game, but man is inventory management a pain in the ass. I've been holding onto items that need to be researched and more than half of my inventory is taken up. I'd use the bank, but that is filled up with other stuff. So many items, so little space.

This was one thing that made the game less enjoyable for me if you're trying to play it without a sub. Having that bottomless crafting bag as a paid sub. totally changes all that but you're paying $15 p/mo.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Is there a pc guild? Would like to join. Username is @jeremydw

I've owned this game since before launch and am just now getting into it. Really fun and slightly addicting, especially the XP event.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Damn, the anniversary event is 2 weeks long! Probably the best time to level a character or alt. Remember too the 100% XP boost from the event stacks with all other XP boosts from ESO Plus, scrolls, drinks, training armor, etc. Dailies will reward an anniversary box for some potential rare stuff which can be good to sell to start you off with some Gold, too.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, gonna be a great time to be new(ish) or just having alts to level.

Also, big news coming out of the summerset patch: They are making 2handed weapons (melee/staves/bows) count as 2 pieces of a set, so one of the biggest (but not the only) factor of dual-wield PvE dominance is being corrected. Should hopefully see quite a few more viable/desirable end-game builds.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't the storage slots for furniture supposed to help with bank space? I've not played much since that update and don't own any of that furniture yet so I may have misunderstood what you can store in it.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't the storage slots for furniture supposed to help with bank space? I've not played much since that update and don't own any of that furniture yet so I may have misunderstood what you can store in it.
Do you mean the containers? They can store anything and come with either 30 or 60 slots each, depending on which you purchase.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of shocked how slow this thread moves, especially with the new content announced and incentives for new people to jump in. Is there a discord or something, or do people on Era just not really play this much? I thought it was doing pretty well player base-wise.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of shocked how slow this thread moves, especially with the new content announced and incentives for new people to jump in. Is there a discord or something, or do people on Era just not really play this much? I thought it was doing pretty well player base-wise.

MMO threads in general are not very active here or the previous forum, with WoW and FF14 being the only real outliers. Not sure what the specific reason is though.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
MMO threads in general are not very active here or the previous forum, with WoW and FF14 being the only real outliers. Not sure what the specific reason is though.
Yeah I saw how active the FF14 thread was and thought I made a bad decision. I did a trial though and it didn't grab me like ESO has. Seemed like a much more typical MMO and I wasn't into whatever lore there was.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Game definitely has a healthy player base.. just not at ERA. The bulk of players seem to hang around the official ESO Forums, tbh.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Found a normal group dungeon as a dps within seconds today. Double XP has to have more queing to take advantage of the quick xp gains from it.

After I hit 50 with a nightblade I'm thinking it's a good time to start a warden (while double XP is active) and play the Morrowind questline since I've barely touched that content since buying. Not too worried on gaining cp since I have a decent amount carrying over from a previous character and it's easy to gain.

What's the opinion on the skill build advisor? I still deviate from it but wonder if it's generally good overall?

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm annoyed as I keep having a sound bug on Pc. It only happens sometimes when I launch the game, no sound. I hard reset my Pc and sometimes that doesn't work and the main forums did me no good. Anyone have any ideas? I have run that repair option as well, still doesn't fix it.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Can someone hook me up with a guild on PC NA server? I'm looking for a large, active trading guild and a large, active general guild. Please bless me. :)

My username is @jeremydw

Last edited:

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just bought the Summerset Pre-order including Morrowind and started a Warden. I'm still enjoying the game, playing on PS4 Pro now. Game looks solid in 4k and HDR.

The One Tamriel Update really did wonders.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Jumped into ESO during the free trial weekend and must say I had a lot of fun with it. Knowing that there is not going to be a singleplayer entry into the Elder Scrolls series likely soon, I noticed this is one heck of a replacement, and far more than filler. A lot of quests are really good and do have an impact on the world, some NPCs are pretty cool, everything is voice acted. Dungeons have been fun to explore, even if I would like the enemies to spawn a little slower so that I can finish reading the books that I find. Will keep playing ESO for a long time, and I feel it's easy to jump back in even after a break. I did focus on expanding my invetory rather quickly though, and the bank slots initially available are my only chore with the game so far.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Jumped into ESO during the free trial weekend and must say I had a lot of fun with it. Knowing that there is not going to be a singleplayer entry into the Elder Scrolls series likely soon, I noticed this is one heck of a replacement, and far more than filler. A lot of quests are really good and do have an impact on the world, some NPCs are pretty cool, everything is voice acted. Dungeons have been fun to explore, even if I would like the enemies to spawn a little slower so that I can finish reading the books that I find. Will keep playing ESO for a long time, and I feel it's easy to jump back in even after a break. I did focus on expanding my invetory rather quickly though, and the bank slots initially available are my only chore with the game so far.

slight spoiler but completing the Mage's Guild quest line allows you to read any book you've ever read at your own leisure. knowing the length of some of the texts I've never even attempted to try anything like you're doing but I can imagine how quickly the enemies spawn if you're reading those lengthy texts, especially when you find a dungeon with what feels like hundreds of bookshelfs.