• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
Is finding lore books the only way to get Mage's Guild xp? I'm trying to get to 10 so I can get the ultimate unlocked for my Sorcerer.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I've said it before, but I'm really annoyed at myself for passing up on ESO for like 4 years. Who knows, maybe it's the One Tamriel update, but this is a legitimately great MMO. At first I was a bit worried about the lack of structure and the free-form exploration, as someone who is end game in FF14, I like the bombastic linear story there. But This just feels like an Elder Scrolls game in every way (for the bad sometimes too admittedly). I genuinely feel like I can go anywhere, do anything and there's huge variety. I think variety is this games biggest strength. Build variety and appearance. Huge amount of Motifs and Styles and a decent glamour system. It's great how populated it is. I bought the Morrowind disc for £10 so wasn't sure how active everything would be jumping in so late, but nearly every time I enter a public dungeon or delve, there are other people along to help, of all different levels. Also, really enjoying the crafting. So much so, I bought a month of ESO+ for that sweet crafting bag.

Thoroughly impressed and will definitely stick around for Summerset.

Stargypsy

Oct 25, 2017
Is finding lore books the only way to get Mage's Guild xp? I'm trying to get to 10 so I can get the ultimate unlocked for my Sorcerer.

Do the Mage Guild dailies. It gives 10 Mage Guild exp per mission. About two lorebooks worth of exp. If you have friends that play you can share the quests for multiple turn ins per day. The quests involve going into a public dungeon and picking up a item. Some can take just a few minutes and others may take 15 mins. Depends on where in the dungeon the item is located. They are usually located in the same area as the public dungeon event. Do the event and grab the skill point if you can.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
The game definitely seems to be one of the better mmos easily. My issue is man, I'm so overwhelmed... Like I'm no stranger to mmos but I just hate being at the very very start and so like my mind races wanting to do this and that and this and that, but I just gotta focus on it and play.. I envy those tho can really sit and focus on a single game like this, I used to be able to now I gotta play everything it seems.

Setzer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PNW
The game definitely seems to be one of the better mmos easily. My issue is man, I'm so overwhelmed... Like I'm no stranger to mmos but I just hate being at the very very start and so like my mind races wanting to do this and that and this and that, but I just gotta focus on it and play.. I envy those tho can really sit and focus on a single game like this, I used to be able to now I gotta play everything it seems.

I'm the exact same way. I haven't played the game in a couple years and now that I'm back I'm finding something new I want to do every time I login and I find myself getting overwhelmed. I just gotta pick something and stick with it. But my problem right now is time and I don't have much of it lol. But as a casual player its a nice feeling to be able to jump into an MMO and not have to do a bunch of grinding to experience new content. That was my deal breaker with FFXIV. I really wanted to experience the new expansions but there was a ton of quests I had to catch up on and most of them were not that interesting and I ended up losing interest. With ESO they release new content and I can jump right in - no level requirements, no quest requirements.

Do the Mage Guild dailies. It gives 10 Mage Guild exp per mission. About two lorebooks worth of exp. If you have friends that play you can share the quests for multiple turn ins per day. The quests involve going into a public dungeon and picking up a item. Some can take just a few minutes and others may take 15 mins. Depends on where in the dungeon the item is located. They are usually located in the same area as the public dungeon event. Do the event and grab the skill point if you can.

Awesome! Didn't even know the Mage Guild had dailies. Thanks for this information.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Man, I've said it before, but I'm really annoyed at myself for passing up on ESO for like 4 years. Who knows, maybe it's the One Tamriel update, but this is a legitimately great MMO. At first I was a bit worried about the lack of structure and the free-form exploration, as someone who is end game in FF14, I like the bombastic linear story there. But This just feels like an Elder Scrolls game in every way (for the bad sometimes too admittedly). I genuinely feel like I can go anywhere, do anything and there's huge variety. I think variety is this games biggest strength. Build variety and appearance. Huge amount of Motifs and Styles and a decent glamour system. It's great how populated it is. I bought the Morrowind disc for £10 so wasn't sure how active everything would be jumping in so late, but nearly every time I enter a public dungeon or delve, there are other people along to help, of all different levels. Also, really enjoying the crafting. So much so, I bought a month of ESO+ for that sweet crafting bag.

Thoroughly impressed and will definitely stick around for Summerset.

I agree. It may not be as popular and hardcore as WoW or XIV, but it certainly should be up there when talking about the best MMO's on the market.

I feel ya man. If you're brand new to this game now, the amount of content this game provides is absolutely staggering. Literally thousands of hours can be spent playing it all. My advice is to just start with Morrowind since you bought that version and do as much as possible there. The storyline, side quests, dailies, overworld bosses, etc. Basically anything you see pop up on the map just go to and check it out. You can treat this like a regular TES game by just going off and exploring and happen upon a random quest somewhere. Then once you exhausted Morrowind you can either move onto the base game storyline or play another DLC if you have ESO+ like DB, Thieves Guild, Orsinium, etc.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I should probably save this post for a little later in the day but I created a guild for North American PC members of ESO. I think that there's enough of us playing we could at least attempt at getting together under the ResetERA banner.

If you'd like an invite, please add and mail/message me at @jeremydw. We'll of course need officers and so much more but we currently have the title reserved at the very least.

ResetERA on the North American PC megaserver, add/mail/message @jeremydw

I'll try to work with OP to get this info in they're still around.

Last edited:

Barrel_Roll

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I should probably save this post for a little later in the day but I created a guild for North American PC members of ESO. I think that there's enough of us playing we could at least attempt at getting together under the ResetERA banner.

If you'd like an invite, please add and mail/message me at @jeremydw. We'll of course need officers and so much more but we currently have the title reserved at the very least.

You can sign me up @rsidriel0770

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up hitting CP 159 last night. One more level till I can start getting real end-game gear! It's nice that it's an account-wide thing, since now any other char I get to 50 is immediately ready to equip CP160 gear too.

gilko79

Oct 27, 2017
Ivalice
I really need to do the Morrowind content before Summerset hits. I did the first couple of quests at release but ended up going back to old content to wrap stuff up. Then I quit the game for a while. Most people here seemed to like the new content, yeah? I loved TES III so it should be right up my alley.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to do the Morrowind content before Summerset hits. I did the first couple of quests at release but ended up going back to old content to wrap stuff up. Then I quit the game for a while. Most people here seemed to like the new content, yeah? I loved TES III so it should be right up my alley.

I've only done the whole Morrowind questline once but yeah, it's good content. I was never into the single player TES games so I can't really comment on how it relates to the actual Morrowind game.

CorrisD

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been thinking of getting back into this to scratch my fantasy game itch. What's the best way to get/play all the content?

I haven't played since the original release and stopped just before Orsinium release for other games.

I had a look on the PlayStation Store and it says Summerset pre-order comes with Morrowind, if I pre-ordered that I assume it downloads Morrowind straight away so I can get into that?
What's the best way of getting all the smaller packs, I assume they don't come with either of the bigger expansions?

Also is there an EU Era guild? Back when we were on GAF I started the EU Guild but the players almost completely died off, so I guess that might still exist in some form.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
So I've been thinking of getting back into this to scratch my fantasy game itch. What's the best way to get/play all the content?

I haven't played since the original release and stopped just before Orsinium release for other games.

I had a look on the PlayStation Store and it says Summerset pre-order comes with Morrowind, if I pre-ordered that I assume it downloads Morrowind straight away so I can get into that?
What's the best way of getting all the smaller packs, I assume they don't come with either of the bigger expansions?

Also is there an EU Era guild? Back when we were on GAF I started the EU Guild but the players almost completely died off, so I guess that might still exist in some form.

To answer one question: you'll get immediate access to Morrowind and base game. The best way to get the DLCs is, imo, subscribing to ESO Plus. They all become free, the benefits of ESO are great and luckily are aimed more towards at when you're getting hardcore into the game, primarily for the craft bag.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I was also overwhelmed at the beginning with how wide open this was and quests all over the place, but I'm set in a groove where I'm just banging out quests line by line in the area I'm in and trying to not wander too much and stare at the quest screen for a while thinking about what to do next. And I'm not worrying too much about character build - just picking skills that seem fun and useful.

I'm doing crafting and research and stuff here and there but trying to just focus on doing quests as that's where I'm really getting the enjoyment (and loot/xp) out of the game for now.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
When it comes to crafting the only two things I would recommend while starting out would be to deconstruct all the gear you don't need for the crafting XP instead of selling it for gold. Also I would start researching traits as that can take up to a year real time to learn them all.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
When it comes to crafting the only two things I would recommend while starting out would be to deconstruct all the gear you don't need for the crafting XP instead of selling it for gold. Also I would start researching traits as that can take up to a year real time to learn them all.
Yeah I read this advice and that's what I'm doing. I research everything that can be researched and deconstruct everything else. I basically only sell treasure.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

You can add me when you get the chance

@Remag_Div

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man Morrowind is fantastic. Solid writing with for some quests. The Memory Stone being one of my favorite quests in the game so far. Top notch soundtrack and VO aswell.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Man Morrowind is fantastic. Solid writing with for some quests. The Memory Stone being one of my favorite quests in the game so far. Top notch soundtrack and VO aswell.
I'm about to leave Auridon for the main and faction quests, but really want to check out Morrowind. Any reason I shouldn't just head over there and do those quests? Better to finish the main quest first?

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm about to leave Auridon for the main and faction quests, but really want to check out Morrowind. Any reason I shouldn't just head over there and do those quests? Better to finish the main quest first?
I never finished the main quest and just started a new character in Morrowind. But since everything is scaled to your level I guess you could just give Morrowind a spin and come back later to finish the main quest.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 NA guild now has bank access and a guild tabard available. 40 more members and we can use the store to sell items and also bid on traders. ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I keep thinking about ordering Morrowind and giving this game a shot. I bought the original ESO for PS4 years ago and played it for like a week.

The only thing stopping me is I'm afraid I'll be overwhelmed with all the new things they have added since last I played.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I keep thinking about ordering Morrowind and giving this game a shot. I bought the original ESO for PS4 years ago and played it for like a week.

The only thing stopping me is I'm afraid I'll be overwhelmed with all the new things they have added since last I played.

Don't buy morrowind. If you pre-order the new expansion (Summerset), it includes Morrowind.

The game definitely can be overwhelming, but you can just choose to stay in a zone and follow quests along so that can help you ease into things.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, just treat it like a regular TES game. The game also only allows for you to have 25 open quests at a time, so that definitely helped me with not feeling like I had a million MMO-quests to do in this massive world. If you follow each factions questlines, you'll end up going zone by zone and experiencing a lot of the game organically anyway.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 NA guild now has bank access and a guild tabard available. 40 more members and we can use the store to sell items and also bid on traders. ;)
lol I saw your note in game so I went to check it out. Of course I have no idea how it works so I put some stuff in our bank (I think like 9 empty soul gems and 100g, NBD) but of course I can't get it back.

What exactly is the point of a guild bank? Like when would I choose to deposit or withdraw? How do you protect against someone who just decides to be a dick and withdraws a bunch of stuff and leaves the guild?

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
lol I saw your note in game so I went to check it out. Of course I have no idea how it works so I put some stuff in our bank (I think like 9 empty soul gems and 100g, NBD) but of course I can't get it back.

What exactly is the point of a guild bank? Like when would I choose to deposit or withdraw? How do you protect against someone who just decides to be a dick and withdraws a bunch of stuff and leaves the guild?
Hm that's weird! All members should have item-withdrawal access. I'll check again this evening.

FYI, I used your 100g (+4900 of my own) to pay for the creation of the tabard lol. ;)

I've seen most guilds use it for crafting material sharing. I think the honour system is just in play for folks not being dicks. Either that or you can create other member levels and promote people into those once they've past a certain point with the guild or something. I left gold-withdrawal set to "off" since that should really just be used to contribute to Guild Trader bidding, or buying a Guild Hall, and the admin needs to do that (or others with the permission to do so).

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Just reached out to several posters who haven't been in the thread in a while with info for the NA PC guild. Maybe we'll get some new members soon!

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
What am I supposed to do with these treasure maps? They are in my inventory but I don't seem to be able to use them. I have a whole bunch.

Considering coming back. Is there a PS4 NA guild?

There is! dubq runs it (a few posts above me). I just joined but haven't done anything yet - still just soloing through content at level 19.

I'm really loving this game btw. It's so full of content, and there's a surprising amount of quest variety. Most are decent and there have been a few with some really interesting twists. I was expecting way less since it's an MMO but it really feels like a fully realized online ES experience.

Sometimes the world can feel a little dead if you aren't around other players, with somewhat empty towns and countrysides. But when you are playing at prime time and there's tons of other players around it feels way more alive than a SP ES game.

Last edited:

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Think I'm gonna try to get 1 or 2 magicka chars to 50 before the event ends. I'm not really feeling sorc, but both magicka DK and NB seem pretty fun. I kind of like warden too but apparently magicka warden is legitimately the worst spec in the game right now.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm gonna try to get 1 or 2 magicka chars to 50 before the event ends. I'm not really feeling sorc, but both magicka DK and NB seem pretty fun. I kind of like warden too but apparently magicka warden is legitimately the worst spec in the game right now.
When does the event end btw? I thought it was the 16th, but the cake still works and I'm still getting anniversary boxes from dailies. Not that I'm complaining. ;)

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
What am I supposed to do with these treasure maps? They are in my inventory but I don't seem to be able to use them. I have a whole bunch.

Google the map names and they'll show you the locations where you have to go. You basically look for a dirt mound to dig up and you'll receive a chest with some loot. They're nothing great but maps are common so can't expect too much rare stuff in there.

I do know Morrowind chests have the rare chance to drop Bouyant Armiger motif pages, though.

Coolclimate0

Oct 27, 2017
So-Cal
Kind of a resurrection of an older thread, but I have a question for anyone playing this on PS4 Pro. Between the settings of 4K and 1080p enhanced, aside from visual difference is there any frame rate difference? I'm sure it doesn't run at a higher frame rate bu design but stability wise? I just bought this game and learned about the settings, but haven't really been able to pinpoint down if there is any stability differences in frame rate.

Edit: Not a resurrection, misread the last date of the post before mine.

Last edited: