• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stargypsy

Oct 25, 2017
Same. The bonus exp has been great for lvling some skills and guild lines.
My wife and I have been meaning to join the PS guild for a while now. I've added our characters to the list.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Enh, as long as the content is there I don't really care about the size of the map.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
Me too. I would actually prefer a smaller map as long as there is variety and quest density. On the bigger maps there are pretty vast open spaces that don't really add anything except time to travel before you get all the waystones.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I would like to see one expansion be a more open world type experience. Similar to the scope of Cyrodiil but tailored for PvE with way more things to do.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just jumped in yesterday and was looking at playing a dragon knight. I'm interested in just casually leveling and maybe some dungeons eventually. I've currently got a argonian and altmer DK - haven't decided which I'll stick with but looking at argonian for stamina DPS and altmer for magika DPS

For casual play is an Argonian DD DK an OK choice?

Do Argonians look goofy in all the armor?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Argonian is not a great choice for any stamina damage build, unfortunately. They have no stamina boosts at all in the racial passives, whereas races like Redguard, Bosmer, and Orc do.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Argonian is not a great choice for any stamina damage build, unfortunately. They have no stamina boosts at all in the racial passives, whereas races like Redguard, Bosmer, and Orc do.

That sucks. I love the way they look - thankfully he's only level 2. Would an Orc or Khajit DK be ok for Stam build?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. And you can certainly stick with the argonian, it won't be "optimal" or "meta" but it's not like you'll be doing half the damage of a redguard stamdk. It only really matters in high level vet stuff.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got it - thanks. Just dump everything into stamina and use the weapon talents? Should I use any of the fire DK abilities that are magic based?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
There are a few magicka abilities you use, but you mostly focus on stamina morphs of abilities.

Here is a link to the Stamina DK page of a site that does a good job of providing run downs of builds:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-dragonknight-build-pve/

The gear and champion point sections won't matter to you until max level, but the overall info on the site is helpful.

dubq

Oct 27, 2017
Sent three more invites to the PS4NA guild.. we're at 12 members now (13 pending the third person accepting). I'm not sure if we'll ever reach 50 just based on this thread alone, so if y'all have friends and family you wanna vouch for that I can invite, shoot me a private message. Would be great to eventually evolve this guild into having a trader, and have us all rolling in gold/septims. :) :)

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm playing on PS4 atm was an ESO plus member before this new event kicked off and I'm not seeing crown crates for logging in? Am I missing something here?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the amount of story content - Morrowind and Summerset appear to have 30ish hours, whereas the smaller DLCs are probably a third of that.

Also, the expansions tend to have a bit more non-quest content than the regular DLC's. Morrowind had a new class and battlegrounds, Summerset as Jewelcrafting and the Psijic Order skills. Technically Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild came with skill lines, but they are pretty much non-combat and passive, while Psijic Order is actual bar-slotted combat abilities.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Probably the amount of story content - Morrowind and Summerset appear to have 30ish hours, whereas the smaller DLCs are probably a third of that.

Also, the expansions tend to have a bit more non-quest content than the regular DLC's. Morrowind had a new class and battlegrounds, Summerset as Jewelcrafting and the Psijic Order skills. Technically Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild came with skill lines, but they are pretty much non-combat and passive, while Psijic Order is actual bar-slotted combat abilities.

Makes sense, thanks. Although to me it felt like Orsinium had more or less the same amount of content as Morrowind.

Still have to go through Clockwork City before Summerset releases but I'm having fun jumping in and out of the game.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Orsinium does have quite a bit of quest content, yeah. It also included Malestrom Arena, which is a fairly unique solo end-game challenge. There isn't a whole lot seperating it from one of the "Chapter" expansion DLC's aside from not having a new type of skill/class/crafting line.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Orsinium came out before Chapters were a thing, too. I think if Orsinium were released today it would definitly be considered a chapter.

Rolfgang

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Is there a ResetERA guild on PC EU? Recently really started playing the game (after quitting GW2 and putting WoW on the backburner) and loving it, but I'm still guildless.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Going to get the PS4 version, The New Collection the best bang for the buck?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty much everything you can buy piecemeal, so yeah if it's a reasonable price that seems like a solid bet.

Ace Harding

Oct 25, 2017
I preordered the digital full version that comes with base + Morrowind + Summerset by accident when I already have the base game (on disc). I think it was an extra $10 over just getting the upgrade (Morrowind + Summerset). After realizing my mistake I figured I could at least sell the disc and have the digital copy but it still says I need to insert the disc. It did give me access to all the other stuff as if it were the upgrade.

Am I just out the extra $10?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I preordered the digital full version that comes with base + Morrowind + Summerset by accident when I already have the base game (on disc). I think it was an extra $10 over just getting the upgrade (Morrowind + Summerset). After realizing my mistake I figured I could at least sell the disc and have the digital copy but it still says I need to insert the disc. It did give me access to all the other stuff as if it were the upgrade.

Am I just out the extra $10?
I might be pulling from my ass, but you might have to delete the whole install and download it from the store instead. But then again the licenses can be screwy, I tried the PS4 trial version and it wouldnt let me buy the full game, I had to go through support and get them to revoke license

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might be a stupid question, but do digital preorders of Summerset grant morrowind for free from any retailer or just through Bethesda? Also I assume we are still in the preorder window as it's still listed on the site right?

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to completely screw up a character? I kind of want to dive into this without doing a bunch of research, but I don't want to end up with a worthless character later on. I was thinking of Templar if that makes a difference.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to completely screw up a character? I kind of want to dive into this without doing a bunch of research, but I don't want to end up with a worthless character later on. I was thinking of Templar if that makes a difference.
You can reset choices for gold. If you are really worried about it you could try a guide out that pertains to the playstyle you want to go for

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
No, not really. You can easily reset your attributes and skill morphs for a small fee. And in the end you can always farm more skill points so it doesn't really matter. The only fixed choice you make is during character creation, picking your class and race. And even the latter can be changed but only for real money.

One tip I'll give is to roll with a stamina or magicka character. Damage scales off your amount of magicka or stamina, so spreading your points over the two will lead to an inferior build. But as I said, those points can be reallocated at any time.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might be a stupid question, but do digital preorders of Summerset grant morrowind for free from any retailer or just through Bethesda? Also I assume we are still in the preorder window as it's still listed on the site right?

Quoting myself cause I found the answer, other retailers DO provide the morrowwind expansion as well, at least the Xbox store does.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can reset choices for gold. If you are really worried about it you could try a guide out that pertains to the playstyle you want to go for

No, not really. You can easily reset your attributes and skill morphs for a small fee. And in the end you can always farm more skill points so it doesn't really matter. The only fixed choice you make is during character creation, picking your class and race. And even the latter can be changed but only for real money.

One tip I'll give is to roll with a stamina or magicka character. Damage scales off your amount of magicka or stamina, so spreading your points over the two will lead to an inferior build. But as I said, those points can be reallocated at any time.
Thanks! As long as I can respec I'm not too worried.

Wolfgunblood

Dec 1, 2017
The Land
Is there anything to know about how to get into a quick group for the dungeons and stuff that shouldn't be played solo? I'm finally diving into this but I have no idea what to do with some of the multiplayer aspects of it.

I basically just want to jump into a quick group to play that stuff casually, is there a queue or something like how FF14 does it?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything to know about how to get into a quick group for the dungeons and stuff that shouldn't be played solo? I'm finally diving into this but I have no idea what to do with some of the multiplayer aspects of it.

I basically just want to jump into a quick group to play that stuff casually, is there a queue or something like how FF14 does it?

Yup, there is a random queue group finder for dungeons.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I would venture a guess that the next chapter will be in the Daggerfall Covenant territory. I wonder what we'll get in between, what will be Summerset's equivalent to Morrowind's Clockwork City? I'd personally like to see more plains to Oblivion. Shivering Isles would be cool, or something like Azura's plane which we've seen very little of.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I would venture a guess that the next chapter will be in the Daggerfall Covenant territory. I wonder what we'll get in between, what will be Summerset's equivalent to Morrowind's Clockwork City? I'd personally like to see more plains to Oblivion. Shivering Isles would be cool, or something like Azura's plane which we've seen very little of.
Elsweyr please.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
I would bet money this year's CWC will be Spiral Skein, considering that we know that zone's been in development for a while and we got a tease in the Summerset prequel quest.