• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

This came up in my Youtube feed today... and i just felt like making a thread on it.

The emotion here present in just mostly two proud men looking at each other is remarkable. The dialogue here is minimal, the performances are entirely in how they look at each other.

The beauty of Picard being the one to beam O'Brien off the ship. The focus on Picard's face afterwards.

It's enough to make you cry, and it did for me.

Just a beautiful scene.

And a simple example of why Picard was such a great Captain, he cared deeply about his crew even though not on the bridge

Can you believe it got cut in syndication? Criminal.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It is when I do it intentionally to get a reaction!
You should have chosen a different reason, if you wanted to be believable. This just looks like a facesaving attempt. If you had gone with "inside joke" then I would have been wrong. But as is, you have still failed to acknowledge the best star trek movie.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Great scene.
But all I could think of for some reason was the transporter accident from Star Trek The Motion Picture.

All I'm saying is that someone should cut those two scenes together.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Off-topic but why does virtually every video I try to click on on ResetERA immediately switch to "Video unavailable"? I then don't even get the option to watch it on Youtube. 90% of all Youtube embeds here don't work for me.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic but why does virtually every video I try to click on on ResetERA immediately switch to "Video unavailable"? I then don't even get the option to watch it on Youtube. 90% of all Youtube embeds here don't work for me.
Are you outside the USA? Use a browser that doesn't support....i dunno....flash maybe? Some videos on youtube won't function unless the player has a proper plugin.

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of youtube videos don't play when embedded on other sites. I just get into the habit of opening the clip in a new tab from the get go.

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Not enough lens flares and shaky cam amiright!? And they should be yelling at each other their orders.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
DS9 had so much chemistry between the cast that this parting doesn't hit as hard in retrospect.

The one thing DS9 did expertly was true friendship and respectful hatred. You could feel the connection between two characters whether they liked or hated each.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, O'Brien later said he was bored most of the time on the Enterprise.