• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not sure when it was updated, but the next game for free on the 9th will be For The King.
It will last for a week, so I guess they gonna keep giving weekly games.

Also, shouldn't this thread be closed? Technically Epic already gave away the 12/14 free daily games.
So no kingdom come deliverance, I guess :(

But I'm grateful anyway. Also, threads usually remain open as long the topic don't deviate to much or it's not a repeat of existing threads.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Eugh, I've got withdrawal symptoms already. First day in two weeks that there's no new game to collect.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
There is a Windowsapp folder and a ModifiableWindowsApps folder. The second one is the one where you can modify files. Again, it is something the devs choose to, so you have no control over which games you can modify and which not.
Finally, I went home and found the folder only Games i found was Farming Simulater 17

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
2 questions:

Last night I was playing Yooka Laylee and I couldn't figure out how to quit back to desktop from in game, so I just pressed the WIN key and right clicked on the tab and closed it out that way. Surely there has to be a way to do that in game?

The keyboard controls are awful - can you use a controller? Like, can you just plug one in and have it work automatically?

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
2 questions:

Last night I was playing Yooka Laylee and I couldn't figure out how to quit back to desktop from in game, so I just pressed the WIN key and right clicked on the tab and closed it out that way. Surely there has to be a way to do that in game?

The keyboard controls are awful - can you use a controller? Like, can you just plug one in and have it work automatically?
i can confirm if you have steam open up the epic launcher then a ps4 controller works

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
2 questions:

It's plug and play. Think of it as an SNES game. It is PERFECT using a controller. Personally using an 8bitdo SN Pro+ in Xbox mode.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I tried an Xbox 360 controller just now, it worked fine.

Did you have to install any third party apps or anything?

i can confirm if you have steam open up the epic launcher then a ps4 controller works

Hm? Steam?

It's plug and play. Think of it as an SNES game. It is PERFECT using a controller. Personally using an 8bitdo SN Pro+ in Xbox mode.

Sweet! Does the plug and play aspect only work with Xbox controllers or does it also work with PS3?

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aye, you add the epic launcher in to your steam library and then steam handles the controller via its native ps4 controller compatibility.

this might be overkill as either epic or the game itself might natively work with a ps4 controller but just thought i'd explain what i've used.
Big Picture Mode is amazing though. I play virtually all my PC games on TV. But yeah, the Xbone pad works with everything out of the box and Dualshock 4 support is widely available too. No big deal.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2 questions:

I use a PS3 controller by downloading SCP Toolkit. Works like a charm.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
2 questions:

There is probably an option in the menu somewhere to quit the game, but alt+F4 is the shortcut to close a game.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I got Steam to recognize the PS3 controller, but every time I launch the EGS game through Steam, and I press Start to launch the game, the game kicks me back to the desktop. It also happened when I pressed O. 🤷‍♀️

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I got Steam to recognize the PS3 controller, but every time I launch the EGS game through Steam, and I press Start to launch the game, the game kicks me back to the desktop. It also happened when I pressed O. 🤷‍♀️
You have to launch EGS from Steam, then launch the game from there. Make sure it's closed before launching from Steam.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I tried that and it still didn't work. Thanks anyway. :3
Getting steam input to work can take a bit of trouble shooting for non steam games. Make sure the blue notification shows when EGS launches. I sometimes have to launch it two times, closing it if the black notification shows up.
lpGkImp.jpg

Also steam updates a lot, so sometimes going in or out of beta will fix things for non steam games. Remember you need the blue notification to be sure steam input is working.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I had no idea you had to go through so much trouble to use a DS4 on games outside of steam.

Xbox controller just works well with everything.

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, but I think I'm just gonna buy a cheap 360 controller lol

Does it have to be Microsoft brand or do like Mad Catz ones work?

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
What? I meant try the PS3 controller and download the SCP Toolkit for free and trying it out on PC. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking for.

Oh, haha. Well, maybe. Another website said to just download the PS Now app and that would update the drivers to make PS3 controllers work and I did that (and it didn't make the controller work lol), so I don't know what would happen if there were like multiple PS3 controller drivers installed - if that would create a conflict or something.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, haha. Well, maybe. Another website said to just download the PS Now app and that would update the drivers to make PS3 controllers work and I did that (and it didn't make the controller work lol), so I don't know what would happen if there were like multiple PS3 controller drivers installed - if that would create a conflict or something.

Oh well idk. Alls I can tell you is SCP has worked for me 100% of the time across multiple laptops and game launchers (ie Steam, Epic). I would try PS Now first, then delete it and install SCP Toolkit.

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
Damn, I had no idea you had to go through so much trouble to use a DS4 on games outside of steam.

Xbox controller just works well with everything.

It's Dualshock 3 the one which is more problematic to make work outside steam.

I have used both DS3 and DS4 on PC for a long time, and the latter is much easier in general. Unlike DS3, most EGS games recognize DS4 without opening Steam or DS4Windows. And DS4Windows is much easier and better than the DS3 solutions (SCPToolkit or previous Chinese dubious ones).

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's there a way to use steam big picture mode to steam link egs games to a TV? I want to comfy couch the Darksiders games.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Well, you finally got me. After a ton of footage the draw was too strong - I bought Rune 2.
Something about the speed, simplicity, and theme just grabbed me. Unfinished mess thanks to Human Head, but I see that Ragnarok got the source code back.
My hope is that they find a decent developer and work continues, because I think they've got something potentially great here.

Anyways it's actually fun if you go in with the right mindset.

Sevacro

Oct 4, 2019
Does the epic verion of Darksiders 1 have the audio bug during cutscenes like the steam version?

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
For The King is the next game on Jan 9, so it looks like they are continuing their weekly giveaways during 2020.