The ESA releases official list of 10 publishers that will attend E3

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
“What a sad list, they are becoming irrelevant!”
“They just wanted attention! ‘Look at me!!!’”

I agree, they should totally change that perception by NOT posting a list of attending companies.

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
My only interest is Xbox conference and Nintendo Threehouse. Probably I will watch once it finished and not live streaming.

iboshow

Oct 27, 2017
Konami not being on the list is strange since they've made more money than most of the publishers on the list. They usually show and announce PES around E3.

Lothars

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why some people on this forum keep trying to push their agenda on everyone that E3 is dying. Repeating it doesn't make it any more true.

And it's ironic considering that E3 is this forums busiest time of the year.
E3 is dying because of the esa, after they were responsible for the journalists info being leaked that’s what killed e3

Shpeshal Ed

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Basically everyone is there except Sony who has mostly shown the same stuff for the previous 3-4 years they were there and appear to not have much to show for this year outside Last of Us and Ghost...which we’ve seen.

So I’m not sure why it’s a bad showing?

Ebtesam

Apr 1, 2018
Konami not being on the list is strange since they've made more money than most of the publishers on the list. They usually show and announce PES around E3.
SONY not being on the list is strange since they've made more money than most of the publishers on the list. They usually show and announce PES around E3.
/s

grandjedi

Oct 25, 2017
I cant think oof more than 5 huge publishers not on that list tho, its not like before when you had dozens of relevant players
There are 40 publishers who release enough games to rank on Metacritic's yearly publisher lists. In the past, everyone one of them would be at E3 and then some. Now... we're down to ten and multiple console or ecosystem players are missing.

OP
OP
Reverse-Flash2024
Sep 14, 2019
There are 40 publishers who release enough games to rank on Metacritic's yearly publisher lists. In the past, everyone one of them would be at E3 and then some. Now... we're down to ten and multiple console or ecosystem players are missing.
Alright I've seen multiple people here act like only 10 publishers are showing up.

Do you guys read the post or not? IGN said "There's still unannounced publishers that will be there".

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
That does not mean anything right? Those attendees can still decide to scale down their presence this E3 compared to previous years.

grandjedi

Oct 25, 2017
Alright I've seen multiple people here act like only 10 publishers are showing up.

Do you guys read the post or not? IGN said "There's still unannounced publishers that will be there".
No, we're not "down to ten."

The majority of publishers who were there last year will be there this year.
It's February. We're already past the deadline for publishers to sign up for convention space. The "other publishers" is who the ESA will be negotiating with to fill floor space.

RoninStrife

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you putting everything in quotations and spelling it wrong. I’d be happy to see Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson up on stage at e3 talking about his favorite games. His favorite game is Mario, he loves Tetris, and his favorite game again is Assassins Creed? Seems like he has good taste in games.
? Or... none of what he said would be real, because he would be getting paid to have an identifier with the target audience he was sent to seduce?

jacks81x

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Who are doing conferences?

Xbox (obviously)
Bethesda?
Square-Enix?
Ubisoft

Anyone else? I know EA, but they aren't on the list.
ESA won't list EA since technically they are organizing their own conference off site. They're not using ESA as the middleman. So that'll be part of the E3 conversation without actually having to pay the ESA.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ESA won't list EA since technically they are organizing their own conference. They're not using ESA as the middleman. So that'll be part of the E3 conversation without actually having to pay the ESA.
I know that EA won't be on the list for that reason, I wasn't trying to say it was odd that they were off the list. I am talking conferences around E3 time.

Jawmuncher

*Dibo Crisis*
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Unless Capcom is pushing another whack E3 where they had only monster hunter. They likely have a reveal tied with Xbox/Sony (We all know there will be a state of play before E3) to show off their next big game. Gonna bet on Street Fighter due to the capcom cup stuff.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know why some people on this forum keep trying to push their agenda on everyone that E3 is dying. Repeating it doesn't make it any more true.

And it's ironic considering that E3 is this forums busiest time of the year.
So much this ^

Tired of reading so many comments from people claiming the show is dead. The Geoff Keighley thread the other day was painful to read.