• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10428

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Activision, Sony and EA won't be there? Sony will be missed but I can't imagine EA or Acti would announce anything other than yearly updates for the current gen.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019
They still benefit a lot from it by gaining exposure to non Nintendo consumers who don't watch directs. If they skipped E3 2016, Zelda Botw probably wouldn't be half as successful and talked about as it was.
That's true. I just think Directs now have enough mainstream coverage that they don't need to be at E3. That wasn't true in 2016.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
The only real loss is Sony imo.
The big 3's conferences are what I live for as a gamer

Ubi is still there. So at least there will be dancing

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Nintendo doesn't need E3 to do Treehouse. I'm actually surprised they continue to attend E3, they're the company that needs it least.

On the same scale they would need some sort of show to support the tree house event they put up at E3. It would be a costly and logistic mess for them to bring a whole bunch of devs and publishers to their own event.

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
My highlights of E3 are, in no particular order:
- The Nintendo Direct/Treehouse
- The Xbox presentation
- The Sony presentation
- The PC Gaming Show
- The Ubisoft presentation
- The Jeff Gerstmann/Phil Spencer interview

So eh.. most of it is still intact. I like E3 as a big culmination of gaming news and celebration. I hope it stays relevant for a little while longer.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My highlights of E3 are, in no particular order:
- The Nintendo Direct/Treehouse
- The Xbox presentation
- The Sony presentation
- The PC Gaming Show
- The Ubisoft presentation
- The Jeff Gerstmann/Phil Spencer interview

So eh.. most of it is still intact. I like E3 as a big culmination of gaming news and celebration. I hope it stays relevant for a little while longer.
Which PC gaming Show, the one sponsored by PC Gamer or AMD

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Don't know why some people on this forum keep trying to push their agenda on everyone that E3 is dying. Repeating it doesn't make it any more true.

And it's ironic considering that E3 is this forums busiest time of the year.

I don't get it either. I love E3 and it's always tons of content for this forum.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I assume CDPR will be there in some fashion, but I do wonder if they've shown as much of Cyberpunk as they really care to at this point

OP
OP

Deleted member 59955

Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Does anyone think WB will have it's own conference? They have Batman, Rocksteady, Harry Potter, etc that they could show off.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
Awesome. I don't know why some people want it to die so badly... still one of the things I look forward to every year. Not going to judge its new direction until I've at least seen how it goes, but here's hoping it's still good.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one of those "i hope e3 dies" types.
E3 will always be the thing i care about the most every year in the video game world because it's been Christmas morning levels for over 25-30 year's for me. Whenever i first started getting EGM's reading about them.

i don't care if Pax or Gamescom is bigger
They are not the excitement levels that are e3 to me. When these other events are announced i don't get hyped because the reveals aren't as impactful imo

I hear ya! It is one of my favorite weeks of the year. I look forward to it all year long. I have never worked on E3 Tuesday in 15 years. Always made a point to have that day off. The build up is something special. There is no event that comes close to it.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, EA left long time ago but yes, one of the main reasons for they to not comeback has the direction that they took.
Hope these publishers enjoy the "celebrities" and the "Streamers" and the "influencers" and all that other cringy things the ESA has planned. Half expecting Kid Rock and Fred Durst VIP meetups and pop up surprize concerts in the parking lot. If we're lucky, we could get to see "the Rock" Dwayne Johnson tell us how he has been playing games for years, how his favorite game is "Mario", he loves "Tetris" and why the "Assasins Creed" is "The Rock's" favorite videogame of all time. etc etc etc etc.

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone think WB will have it's own conference? They have Batman, Rocksteady, Harry Potter, etc that they could show off.
I wish they do WB Montreal, Rocksteady, Avalanche Software, Portkey Games(founded in 2017 to make console and mobile Harry Potter games), NeatherRealms, Travelers Tales and Monolith Productions. Am I missing one?

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
That's almost everyone I care to hear from, Sony excepted. Digital Devolver will still be there, right?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
An interesting note that I've half-considered making a thread about - the UK store SImplyGames has apparently seen multiple Bandai Namco games that are coming this year

Could have a major presence, if it's not just games we already have general dates for (One Piece Pirate Warriors, Fairy Tail etc.) Would be awesome if we get a Tales of Arise blow-out at E3.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of the higher ups of these companies are on the board of the ESA, so of course theyre gonna be there
Well...I know one thing is certain.. I dont think this years show.. or next is going to do anything to improve Ninty or Xbox's brand image. I know E3 has always been a marketer's wet dream, but this year their certainly going extra plastic, and it's an exceptionally bad look. Nintycan do without it.. and Xbox can do better than it.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
COD 2020 on @ THe PS5 showcase is going to be something else.

No wonder Keighley isn't waiting. He needs those youtube/streaming views and that list looks measley lol

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Thread title makes it seem like only 10 publishers will be there.

It's only a list of the major publishers (with notable absence of Sony) of course. The smaller, niche pubs will be there as well.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's a sad ass list. At least most of the studios I care about the most will still be there.

Deleted member 1238

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EA has been technically absent from E3 for years. I say "technically" because they still do their own thing around the same time. Unless they've already said otherwise, I'm sure they'll still do their "EA Play" thing around E3 so you'll get some news from them too

really the only big publisher missing is Sony, and we've known that for two years now. It's really not a "sad" list. It's just sad that the ESA has to make this announcement. It comes across as "see, look, E3 isn't dying!"

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
Hope these publishers enjoy the "celebrities" and the "Streamers" and the "influencers" and all that other cringy things the ESA has planned. Half expecting Kid Rock and Fred Durst VIP meetups and pop up surprize concerts in the parking lot. If we're lucky, we could get to see "the Rock" Dwayne Johnson tell us how he has been playing games for years, how his favorite game is "Mario", he loves "Tetris" and why the "Assasins Creed" is "The Rock's" favorite videogame of all time. etc etc etc etc.
Why are you putting everything in quotations and spelling it wrong. I'd be happy to see Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson up on stage at e3 talking about his favorite games. His favorite game is Mario, he loves Tetris, and his favorite game again is Assassins Creed? Seems like he has good taste in games.