• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just a little food for thought. Hopefully the DLC will enlighten us about this as well as the current status of various characters.

Huh... didn't think there was going to be DLC, since there's no season pass yet, right?
Seemed to me like this and Wolfenstein changed places with Wolfenstein 2 getting a season pass and The Evil Within 2 dropping it.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I will get back to this over the weekend but I still really like it!

Nightmare isn't...that hard though...

Deleted member 4375

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just starting chapter 6. Loving it. I really like that the developers pretty much dropped the jump scares for more of a slow burn type of fear. Very, very good thus far.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game recently and had a thought regarding Lily:
is it just me or does anyone else find it odd that Lily doesn't seem to have aged at all in the time she was gone from Sebastian's life? iirc, TEW1 made it clear that she had "died" years ago so I was expecting the real world Lily to be older than STEM Lily but, nope, she just didn't age.

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
Had beat the game really enjoyed it a lot more than the first one. Though do wish that they made the enemies a bit less like bullet sponges or at least caused them to flinch more when nailed in weak points such as the face or what nots. As kinda kills the purpose of doing crit shots if it takes a few on occasion to cause such a reaction animation to occur.

For the standard humanoid enemies maxing the smoke bolts till you can stealth kill in them was the surefire way to clear out scrubs super fast and without wasting ammo. That should really be the first thing anyone maxes who is concerned about running out of ammo, since you can stealth kill enemies from the front once the perk is activated.

Was also impressed with how long the game was.

Besides the bulletsponge issue, my only other real complaint was that felt the boss characters were not as memorable as the first game.

Would most def suggest this game to others, even those who did not care for the first one too much as the more open nature of the second changes up the overall experience. Story being more coherent too was nice. Along with the extras thrown into the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat the game, loved it, but as a sucker for horror weirdness I still like TEW1 a bit more due to its art direction and atmosphere.
I think the open world aspect of it was one of the reasons I feel this way, I prefer a bit more of linearity and tight experience for these kind of games, but at least Union had a reasonable size.

I really liked Stefano as a villain, but I thought Obscura wasn't used enough, The Shade in The Assignment was used better, I feel.

A big plus is the fact Sebas now feels like a fleshed out character, and although I wasn't feeling his new voice, the actor really sold it to me by the end, this coupled with a...unusual...type of ending for this kind of game was refreshing.

Bring on the next one

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017
Got to the chapter 11 boss a few nights ago, still really enjoying the game and taking my sweet time with it. One thing I really enjoyed was when I backtracked to the Business district during chapter 11 to do a certain sidequest was that it had changed pretty dramatically, reminded me a lot of the Arkham games in a sense that
defeating one villain leaves a spot for others to take over, and the environment and enemies change to reflect that

The Chapter 11 boss is a pain in the butt though, honestly it's the first boss encounter I find to be kind of bad thus far.

Whoa I never even thought to do that. I guess that's what I get for completing all the side quests as soon as they're available.

And yeah, I like the concept of the chapter 11 boss a lot, but it's a huge bullet sponge. Took forever to beat. I also would have rather they had kept that particular character a voiceless monster, would have been a lot freakier.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I really need to finish off the first, only got up to chapter 4 I think like when it first came out then put it back in my backlog due to other games releasing at the time.

The footage I have seen though of EW2 looks freaken NUTS though.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing around act 10 or so I think? The game got boring in my opinion. I don't really like the move to an open world, and I'm really disappointed in the direction the story's headed.

I'm also finding that any real difficulty in the game comes from the combat being rather poor.

How inspired were they by Layer's of Fear by the way?
The first main villain seems really inspired by it in my opinion.

SuiQuan

Oct 25, 2017
Kazakhstan - soon
Loved it. And often liked the things that people mostly complained about, like:
1) Enemies are too slow for stealth. I thought it was perfect. I actually had to count how many seconds an enemy remains in one position with his back open to me. Had to time everything perfectly.
2) Loved the fact that there were some calmer moments in the game. Many brought up how TEW 1 held you constantly in tension, throwing you from one battle into another. I honestly hated it.
3) The safe houses are cozy.
4) Loved the free exploration. It opened opportunity for free tactical exploration as well as some nice scripted events.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From reddit, sort of spoiler both not really:

"During your journey to find Lily you find a few of her dolls on the way. You find the Myra doll and the Lily doll, but noticably the Sebastian doll is missing... Until the end of the game when you finally find Lily. She has had it the entire time."

Right in the feels.

So on the horror scale where does this fall? Is it more action horror-ish like RE4 and Dead Space or is closer to RE7 and PT? Basically I'm kind of a scaredy cat, but this game does seem interesting to me. And I was able to get through stuff like Dead Space and had a good time, but RE7 was uncomfortable for me to even watch someone else play.

TEW2 is closer to Silent Hill where it's more psychological type of horror with the key being in building tension and playing with your expectations instead of throwing cheap jump scares.

It's also actually pretty cool, especially one boss in particular and his antics throughout the first portion of the game (you'll instantly know what I'm talking about once you start the game).

CrusoeCMYK

Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing around act 10 or so I think? The game got boring in my opinion. I don't really like the move to an open world, and I'm really disappointed in the direction the story's headed.

I honestly can't fault you for feeling this kind way. The last third of the game dragged out quite a bit. I'm glad I finished it but my real motivation to press on past chapter 10 was trying avoid adding to my backlog.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know why I get blurry text on loading screens on pc? It's really the only graphics issue I am having.

Oct 25, 2017
We do know from the DLC and TEW2 that he is alive at least, and so does Seb now.

Yup. Hope any DLC is focused on him like the assignment was on Kidman.

I'm also finding that any real difficulty in the game comes from the combat being rather poor.

How inspired were they by Layer's of Fear by the way?
The first main villain seems really inspired by it in my opinion.

I got that vibe for sure with the art angle.

From reddit, sort of spoiler both not really:

"During your journey to find Lily you find a few of her dolls on the way. You find the Myra doll and the Lily doll, but noticably the Sebastian doll is missing... Until the end of the game when you finally find Lily. She has had it the entire time."

Right in the feels.

TEW2 is closer to Silent Hill where it's more psychological type of horror with the key being in building tension and playing with your expectations instead of throwing cheap jump scares.

It's also actually pretty cool, especially one boss in particular and his antics throughout the first portion of the game (you'll instantly know what I'm talking about once you start the game).

TEW had much more and much better psychological horror, IMO. This game lost all tension starting at chapter 4, for me at least. This game is more RE5 than SH2.

SH2 was terrifying.

It went from being in a nightmare in TEW to bring in the matrix with some horror undercurrents n TEW 2.

I honestly can't fault you for feeling this kind way. The last third of the game dragged out quite a bit. I'm glad I finished it but my real motivation to press on past chapter 10 was trying avoid adding to my backlog.

Yeah. It really does start to drag at the end. Especially without a compelling story or villain at that point.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
I found this game to be a clear step above the first.
I tremendously enjoyed my time with it. I welcome any story-based DLC they might prepare.

I hope low sales won't frighten them from making a sequel.

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
So any of you have finished classic mode yet? I have a save at the start of ch8 with 4 saves left and a bit nervous on how long I should go before saving again. I am thinking of getting up to ch11 but that is so far with atleast one really hard spot on the way.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I reached Chapter 12 and I'm loving the shift the game has taken. Is anyone else finding the Push Kick a bit lackluster? I upgraded it thinking I could stomp the fallen foe but it doesn't appear I can.

taco543

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fresno CA
Having such a blast with the game! Was trying to finish it before Mario but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen...

Oct 25, 2017
So any of you have finished classic mode yet? I have a save at the start of ch8 with 4 saves left and a bit nervous on how long I should go before saving again. I am thinking of getting up to ch11 but that is so far with atleast one really hard spot on the way.

Only 4 left? That's going to be rough.

Mine so far:
Save 1 before entering the marrow at the beginning of chapter 4.
Save 2 before the boss in chapter 8.
Save 3 before the boss in chapter 11.
Save 4 before the fire walk at the end of chapter 13

Planning on saving before the next boss after the walk. Then before the next boss. Then before the final boss.

I reached Chapter 12 and I'm loving the shift the game has taken. Is anyone else finding the Push Kick a bit lackluster? I upgraded it thinking I could stomp the fallen foe but it doesn't appear I can.

Yes. It's generally better to let them rush you and shotgun the legs then stomp.

Yeah push kick is generally not recommended to get.

Pretty much only useful for the achievement/trophy. And for rare cases where shotgun to the legs causes hunch over state instead of knock down.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I actually spent too much time sitting at the upgrade screen wondering if I should spend the gel on that Push Kick lol

Oh well, still doing fairly well and haven't had too much trouble with the game so far on Nightmare. I was doing really well on supplies up until maybe Chapter 9-10? It was at that point I slowly started to realize I was running low on supplies and needed to conserve more.

MuttonCurry

Oct 25, 2017

I actually saved in the exact same place - I was forced to after dealing with multiple crashes throughout chapter 7 and even into 8.

I'm now in chapter 11 and just saved. I think you'll want to drop your remaining saves at the end of 9, near the end of 11, and before the challenging portion of 13.

I'm debating myself where to drop the last one...

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
In Chapter 13, I really like it, also the small sidequests, which tell a little bit more story about Sebastian.
I am playing on Survival.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Goddamn I'm in love with this game. The open world and side quests and scavenging is AMAZING. Far surpasses the first game for me.

Golding

Oct 25, 2017
i want to play this game badly -- but i'm low on funds. I can't wait for some nice price drop on this one. Looking good.

dragonlife

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, my PSU died, so I'm writing this on mobile. On the flip side, I finished the game before that happened.

I played the game completely in Latin American Spanish, and it was fucking superb. Seriously, great job by the team that worked on it, and props to Bethesda for adding Latin American Spanish to their recent games. The effort is most definitely appreciated!

As for the game itself, it controls better than the first game while still feeling very similar. That's a good thing.

Ultimately, I was mostly "whelmed" with the game. I absolutely adore the original, despite some annoying parts and terrible characters, but the original had so much tension and what-the-fuckery with its mind-bending storytelling that made no sense that the second one lacked.

Reaching a safe house never felt relieving in this quite like going through hell in the first, and then hearing that sweet Claire de Lune to know you were okay--for now. The tension in 2 was almost non-existent for me, which is a shame because there wasn't much that made up for that absence.

I think the nature of semi-open world definitely diluted that feeling for me. There weren't as many psychological barriers, or instances, where I just stood there and stared at something in the distance, dreading to advance. The only time this happened was with the temperature drops, which I wish had happened a little more to keep me on my toes (I thought it was going to be a Ruvik/mansion situation again).

I get it, though. I can't expect tightly designed areas in a semi-open world game with certain gimmicks applied to them. To its credit, I was never bored, and I liked stealth killing everything when possible (just like in the first game); I was just never psychologically challenged, for the most part. Like hearing the rev of a chainsaw, seeing/hearing a scary enemy in the distance, etc.

The highs in this game game came way too late, and didn't reach the highs of the first, which had multiple. The Keeper is an experience I will never, ever fucking forget from the first game. Holy shit, what a segment.

What's a little more disappointing is that I was actually really impressed with John Johanas's work on the first game. The DLCs were great, and that damn long-legged abomination and its sections were huge highlights, much like The Keeper's. I felt like I didn't see too much of what he impressed me with in 2, but maybe it's because he was working on a more Mikami blueprint than his own, and 2 is really where his creative freedom was let loose.

I also missed Masafumi Takada on the music :(. "Fire Seems to Work," "Gray Matter" type songs were desperately needed. But maybe I missed some stuff. Will have to check out the OST now that I'm done.

I seem really down on the game, but I actually really enjoyed it.

The narrative being easier to follow was nice, having Sebastian have a fucking personality was great, having other characters show up was refreshing. The very few boss fights the game had were all great! I really loved the
Stefano fight, visually, thematically, and mechanically. The final boss fight was a visual feast, and I loved how over-the-top it felt, but getting there wasn't nearly as fun as the original. Also, the first still wins for how fucking sideways it went for the final area/boss. Bless Mikami. I also found it funny that one of the best moments in 2 was a rehash of bosses from the first game. That music! Definitely one of the standouts.

Congrats on directing a whole game, John! You did amazing, buddy! I know I still sound like I'm giving backhanded compliments, but I really did enjoy 2 for its own merits and as a whole. I like both games for very different reasons (tension and atmosphere versus streamlining and art direction), and I hope it does well in sales so that Tango may continue to prosper.

Also, please buy whoever came up with the color mini-game a drink/dinner for me. I love that thing. It gives me serious puzzle league vibes, but damn, I can't manage to reach 100k. My highest was 79k, and I could never reach that again, haha. Really fun distraction, honestly.

As a final note, I got major Hannibal (TV) vibes in some areas.

Also, fuck off with (major endgame spoilers)
killing off Esmeralda and Yukiko :(. Joseph better be alive, too.

Last edited:

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
And over hour worth of progress gone... stupid knife lady. That enemy is not fun and neither is this mode.

Only 4 left? That's going to be rough.

Mine so far:
Save 1 before entering the marrow at the beginning of chapter 4.
Save 2 before the boss in chapter 8.
Save 3 before the boss in chapter 11.
Save 4 before the fire walk at the end of chapter 13

Planning on saving before the next boss after the walk. Then before the next boss. Then before the final boss.

Yeah, I used too many saves in the early game. One once I got crossbow and shotgun and one at the start of chapter 5. Couldn't have gone from ch4 to ch8 without being way too stressed out anyway so that ch5 save was pretty necessary.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I said it before but TEW2 being considered open world is kinda wrong. I see Union like a more vast area that you can explore and that is between core locations of the story. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were basically the same thing.

Oct 25, 2017
I said it before but TEW2 being considered open world is kinda wrong. I see Union like a more vast area that you can explore and that is between core locations of the story. Silent Hill 1 and 2 were basically the same thing.

It has a few open areas with side objectives, but yeah, it's not really "open world".

dragonlife I agree with a lot of what you said.

The trick to the puzzle shooting gallery is using the time tiles strategically to manipulate and create shaking clusters instead of just shooting them immediately. I can throw together a quick WebM later if it's something the thread will find useful.

Side tip: the slow time skill works on the shooting gallery and makes getting higher scores easier if you're having problems. Especially if you want to get the locker keys for the achievement/trophy.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping to finish the game tonight. I just
sent Sykes off and am about to head to the hotel
. About how much time is left in the game?

Also, if I have not already run into the
flamethrower tanks
would I need to backtrack, and if so is it worth it outside of achievements?

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
My review:

The first Evil Within is a gem of a game that was rough around the edges but inside was the heart of RE4 style TPS that Mikami excels at designing. So I was very excited for TEW2 to remedy some of the jankiness that and unevenness that hurt the first game and make this worthy of that RE pedigree. Mikami was out as director and the new blood decided semi open world is the way to go, with mixed results. It's probably a more even level quality game than the first but it never reaches the highs due to its design choices.

The TEW2 hub worlds which allows Seb to explore a playground opens up the games revamped stealth mechanics which becomes the focus. Now if you played the DLC of the first you will see familiar actions copied right from that, like the cover system. As you upgrade seb you can invest in stealth attacks which allows you to stab from around a corner, or do a silent run and backstab. It all feels pretty good at first, especially because enemies are formindable in large groups so thinning the herd is important.

The first few hours I spend exploring were the best of the exploration gameplay. There were all kinds of cool little side moments hidden in random homes. I would find a grizzly suicide and that lead to some crazy mind fuck situation. I wandered the woods and found a person hung from a tree and as I touched it I was transported to a cold alternate dimension with this ghost woman that chases you throughout the game. It feels like open world done right, a series of well designed unique situations all over the map. I spent like 5 hours in the first area alone just messing around, seeing every single possible secret, finding weapons, getting upgrades, I loved it.

The more I played the more I started to find cracks in design and mechanics. Enemies started to show really simplistic AI patterns and I found certain actions were so overpowered they felt broken. If I got seen by an enemy I could simply run a few feet away and the enemy will stop running and act like his mind was just wiped resuming his old pattern. I could exploit corner stealth kills by getting seen, running to cover, hide at the corner as the enemy is running at me and simply hit the kill button when it comes in range. The there are all the odd animations and glitches that occur especially when you climb objects. I saw enemies get stuck trying to climb, I've seen them teleport to different locations, I've seen then look at me from below befuddled at how I climbed something. You contrast that to the polish that RE4 had many years ago, where every action and animation was perfect, I just don't understand why we are going backwards.

Gunplay becomes more important as the game goes on and you acquire better weapons like the trusty crossbow. I still found the best way to attack groups of enemies was to use arrows in certain situations like lightning in water and smoke anytime, seriously smoke with stealth kills is like a BFG, it destroys everything. I miss having matches and using traps in clever ways, all in all combat doesn't feel as interesting in the first but it's not a big difference.

As the game goes on there is a certain flow that emerges which is; do main missions in open area, go into this boring underground lab area, back to open, back to underground with a few key locations in the middle. That insane variety of locations from the first game is gone, I guess that makes for a story that makes more sense but I loved the insanity of the first game.

Above all though the encounter design, enemy types, and overall combat scenarios took a big hit. TEW1 strength lies in its incredible setpieces, RE4 in nature and always unique and interesting. In TEW2 most encounters are just a smattering of enemies in a location and you just do whatever you want to kill them. Some times they lock you in a room and waves of enemies come in but I can compare similar sequences to the first where the first game had multiple traps, rooms to hide in, all kinds of ins and outs to facilitate an incredible action sequence; here it's just a flat room with some cover. There are some really good moments, the last third of the game in particular is pretty damn epic and has that kind of level design I was talking about. Ch.14 stands out so much because it's everything the rest of the game should have been.

Bosses are a very important aspect of these games and there are some really good ones. I think compared to other TPS this game is in the top third of great bosses but compared to the first game it's a slight downgrade. Nothing is as memeorable or well designed as the Lisa battle, or the safe head fight, except well... I won't spoil it. Still in terms of just being a great game with awesome bosses the game still has them. Huge screen filling monstrosities. Cool mind bending battles with assholes you want to badly kill. These are for sure highlight moments throughout the game.

I find the story to be a mixed bag cause for one it's absolutely better told and this one makes sense. It's a story about a dad and his little girl, something everyone can relate to, something that plays to your emotions. Outside of that everything else is crap; the side characters you meet are boring, the new Sebastian voice actor is not interesting in anyway. One villain is ok but still a total cliche. The first game was insane, nonsensical, super Japanese and you know what, I liked that. I liked not have a damn clue wtf is going on and uncovering the mystery. There is no mystery here, it's a straight forward mission that has a few highs at the end but a whole lot of nothing in the middle.

Graphically it looks far cleaner than the first game, models are better, I got a good 60fps on PC. The music is really great during high action moments and the main story points. Voice acting is what you expect from this kind of game, same with the writing. In terms of replay value we got a big 15-20 hour game with unlockable difficulty mode which limits saves and some cool costumes and new weapons to try out.

TEW2 is still a great action horror roller coaster ride and I greatly enjoyed my time with it. I feel if you felt the first game was too clunky or too random then this game will be more accessible. There are clear design changes that for me hurt the overall experience as I enjoy well designed set pieces more than big open spaces. All in all though it's a fun sequel, it's something all fans of the first should try and maybe some new comers will find this a better entry point than the first.

Score: 8

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
i really like the game, and i'm already 12 hours in!
I always almost beat horror game in a short time period but i didn't expect that TEW2 would last soo much, i'm surprised!

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Finished it last night clocking in at just under 30 hours. It was excellent and I'm so glad I purchased it. The game kept things fresh throughout, had great audio and nice visuals. I took most of the dialogue as intentional cheese, but at the end I was caught off guard by how it hit me emotionally. I can't wait to play it again.

myco666

Oct 26, 2017
Fake Europe
I'm hoping to finish the game tonight. I just
sent Sykes off and am about to head to the hotel
. About how much time is left in the game?

Also, if I have not already run into the
flamethrower tanks
would I need to backtrack, and if so is it worth it outside of achievements?

I think it took me 2-3 hours to finish the game from that point.

You get
flamethrower tanks from the harbringer enemies (the pyros) when you kill them.
So no backtracking at all and no it is not worth it outside of the achievements.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Beat the game over the weekend.

I thought it was pretty good. Definitely less frustrating than the first game. The story was so cheesy though and not in a good way. A lot of the dialogue was cringe.

Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill 2 are still the best survival horror games though.

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
The flame thrower guys are actually pretty easy if you have a few freeze bolts to spare of the smoke bolt upgraded to where you can sneak kill guys in it. Takes a few hits though to finish em off. Think about 3-4 on normal.

Shooting them is generally a bad idea due to the giant bullet sponges they are so you wind up wasting a lot of ammo.

To get the sneak kill with the freeze bolt to work though you need to make sure they dont see you when you freeze them (no eye icon) then you need to stay undetected and do the usual thing you do when sneak killing something. Since they are very pattern based with their wander / burn pathing its fairly easy to set yourself up in a good position to be unseen and close enough to constantly sneak kill them when using the freeze bolt.

Smoke is a lot easier, but if you are not invested in it then the freeze bolt is what I would suggest instead. For myself personally I didnt really use the freeze bolt for anything else but this for the most part.

Am not sure if they fixed it or if it was intended but the reason why its hard to get the flamethrow guys normally multiple times with non assisted sneak kills is that they will turn around before you can sneak kill them when you approach from behind after the first one is successful. Saw folks complain about this online so tested it myself and yeah they turn around instantly when approached from behind after the first successful sneak kill.

Other hilarious thing you can do with smoke bolts which had found out by accident was
those bloated enemies will blow themselves up if you shoot them with a smoke bolt. Or if they are in the cloud itself. Not sure why that is, but I unlocked an achievement for doing that to a few of em

Last edited:

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, the ending was surprisingly well done. The most fleshed out and satisfying story i've ever played in a survival horror game.

End game spoiler:

Sebastian fighting his fears as the theordore boss right was great. Real proud of my boy for chainsawing the chainsaw dude right back

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
The flame thrower guys are actually pretty easy if you have a few freeze bolts to spare of the smoke bolt upgraded to where you can sneak kill guys in it. Takes a few hits though to finish em off. Think about 3-4 on normal.

Shooting them is generally a bad idea due to the giant bullet sponges they are so you wind up wasting a lot of ammo.

Wait, are you telling me
for the flame thrower boss I could have either freeze/smoke bolted him and then just walked up and sneak knifed him?

Parakeetman

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I killed him
primarily by sneaking up behind him and knifing him, but they few times I froze him with bolts I used it as a opportunity to hit him with the shotgun lol

I basically just kept unloading all my harpoon bolts and shotgun rounds into his face lol. Didnt even attempt a SK on him. Now that I think about it I should have tried... On mine he got bugged out and stuck behind some stuff and thats when I got in a bunch of free hits on him with the harpoons lol

Stuart Gipp

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, England
Enormously enjoying this, though I've spent seven of my eight hours on Chapter 3 alone. Playing on Nightmare because I beat the original on Survival and loved it, but I'm getting my arse handed to me.

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Enormously enjoying this, though I've spent seven of my eight hours on Chapter 3 alone. Playing on Nightmare because I beat the original on Survival and loved it, but I'm getting my arse handed to me.

Yeah, the game says to pick Nightmare if you enjoyed he standard difficulty of the last game, but naaaaah, nightmare is way harder than that.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I basically just kept unloading all my harpoon bolts and shotgun rounds into his face lol. Didnt even attempt a SK on him. Now that I think about it I should have tried... On mine he got bugged out and stuck behind some stuff and thats when I got in a bunch of free hits on him with the harpoons lol

Yeah, I was using my guns and then noticed that he was searching for me and I was like, "wait, am I doing this wrong?" Then I just finished by sneaking up on him a few times.