• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
apps.12410.65523398993639028.2c280ccc-7f03-4d25-8060-07f62a42af2f.e18b4c83-2e10-4a40-bcfb-e6e2bd9154ab

Source: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxgrNtTPaEfw5cRxpl4AaABCQ

"EVIL WITHIN FANS REJOICE. The microsoft gamepass version of TEW1 is basically a remaster."
They Added
- first person mode + FOV option
- Infinite ammo mode
- Icons for lantern/sneaking in first person view
- Low/Medium options for Camera Bob
- The stamina has been adjusted, you can now run for 5 seconds at default stamina(was originally 3 seconds)
- All DLC Included
- Separate Achievement List from Xbox
- The game also feels less janky and smooth. definitely worth getting!

Buy The Evil Within (PC) | Xbox

This bundle includes The Evil Within and all season pass content: The Assignment, The Consequence, and The Executioner packs.

This comes from a frequent Speedrunner of the game. While I haven't been able to play it myself, I figured this would be the case when I saw it added to the store as it also included all of the prior DLC (Which the Xbox version does not). Seems like this might be another port much like Nier that's the better way to play out of the box if you aren't looking to add mods and other such things. Will be trying out myself soon and checking if stuff like infinite ammo impacts achievements and what not.

Last edited:

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
With the recent news of the Windows Store version of NieR Automata being an updated version of the game vs. the Steam port, I thought this was also pretty interesting.

Screenshot_20210319-104736.png

I have yet to test this myself, or if he means PC, Xbox or both. So for the moment, it's a rumor, but I doubt the world record speedrun holder would get this wrong, lol. Just in case, though, we don't want to jump the gun.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is this MS's plan? to have better versions of their games on Gamepass? guess it can't happen to new games. maybe

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I love the idea of random Game Pass games geting the best ports

like Game Pass suddenly has San Andreas with all the cut content and the lost skateboard shit.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
That's two games now. Awesome, I hope this continues. Might give this a reinstall now too, first-person sounds pretty fun.

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
One the one hand, it's good that they're improving these ports. On the other hand, are they going to just leave the Steam versions to rot? That's particularly shitty for Nier Automata considering they didn't leave it in a particularly good state and SE isn't even owned by Microsoft.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Well they did say that their games are going to be first or best on Game Pass lol

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this gets ported as a remaster to Xbox with all of the settings set to ultra and 4k/60fps on Series X and a free upgrade for Xbox One owners.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the changes make it to other stores. Having the best version be GamePass exclusive is really shitty, especially for people who have no access to it.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Ok this is something i don't mind. MS is paying these studios for basically NEW PC ports for their own ecosystem while not affecting STEAM versions. For those who can tolerate win store, they can buy or sub to gamepass and play there. Although since Tango is MS owned now, i do hope that these changes can go to the steam version also since they're bethesda's bosses now so need to pay them extra for this.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
It's good that these games are getting tweaks.

Pretty shitty of the Nier devs to ignore the Stean version though.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
One the one hand, it's good that they're improving these ports. On the other hand, are they going to just leave the Steam versions to rot? That's particularly shitty for Nier Automata considering they didn't leave it in a particularly good state and SE isn't even owned by Microsoft.

It wasn't Microsoft who did the Nier Automata port to PC Game Pass.

Sep 29, 2019
They really did a number to the games they ported, huh? First Prey getting basically a remaster, now this. Does this also apply to the console versions?
I think this maybe is the reason they haven't added TEW2 to the catalog? Maybe they're still working on optimizations before putting it out there. I think it will definetely come out, eventually.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Yo wtf.
But is gamepass on PC still shit?
I used it for months at launch and it seemed ok but then I've been reading nightmare accounts of the app also eating HDD space-installs not reading etc.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
First person was added 2018 or so
Not sure about the other stuff but there was one big update during that time too.

edit: oh shit the first game, lol

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I would be overjoyed if some of these improvements get patched in for the Xbox versions.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that MS forces developers to add controller support to their games when there are console versions with controller support but the developer refuses to add it to the PC version.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
If I had a nickel every time a better pc port got released on Gamepass, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird it happened twice.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
It's like a monkey paw/hand wish. You'll get an amazing port of the game but it will be locked to a shitty launcher.

I'm still mad about not being able to change Doom Eternal language in a easy manner but I'm so willing to jump again into TEW lol. Those updates sound awesome.

Oct 25, 2017
Yo wtf.
But is gamepass on PC still shit?
I used it for months at launch and it seemed ok but then I've been reading nightmare accounts of the app also eating HDD space-installs not reading etc.

It's odd, the depth, quality and variety of the games off-sets many of the issues.

Not unlike a place like this (a community of expert hobbyists) would consider about owning a typical games console.

But no, the PC-based app is all-round bad.

Steam/Origin/other game launchers on PC all had woefully hard beginnings.

It's not exactly 'an excuse' but more 'can we please speed up the iterations of this software' as it's currently a hot property and there's a sizable audience that is still out there - ie those who only use other launchers/store-fronts.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
This is making me wonder if the games not presently on Game Pass (Doom 4, Wolfenstein 2, Evil Within 2, Dishonored Death of the Outsider and Fallout 3) are all not on Game Pass so that there can be new/better PC ports. Not sure why Doom 4 or Wolf 2 would need that (because Wolf 2 runs beautifully as far as I can remember, and I have heard the same about Doom) but I know the PC port of Fallout 3 has issues with modern Windows 10 if Games for Windows Live isn't installed so it's possible that the other games will come with new PC ports

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
That's great that there's now two improved releases through Game Pass, but uh... I'm not sure if I like this trend of games being improved on one storefront over others for whatever arbitrary reasons. I'm not talking about differences in storefronts here, just that the games are now different. That's a bit annoying.

Lork

Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't Microsoft who did the Nier Automata port to PC Game Pass.
That... doesn't contradict anything I said? It's possible Microsoft paid SE to do some work on the port that wouldn't have gotten done otherwise, but 1. If that's the case they should probably announce that so we know what's going on and 2. It's extremely shitty of SE to do that while leaving the Steam version in its current state.