Which spoiler policy do you prefer going forward?

• Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and book spoilers should be tagged

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Once an episode has aired, spoiler tags not necessary and strictly no book discussion in the thread

Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Was (book spoiler)
Venus already turned into a bio planet adrift in the Solar system? Or whatever

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Season 5 trailer got me so hyped.

Seems a lot folks were down on season 4 but I loved it. I think I've watched it end to end at least 4 times and I love how it sets things up for this new season.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
I'm so down for this. Anyone interested in possibly playing the tabletop RPG online this Winter? :D

Season 5 trailer got me so hyped.

Seems a lot folks were down on season 4 but I loved it. I think I've watched it end to end at least 4 times and I love how it sets things up for this new season.

I really liked the interstellar politics and what not of the earlier seasons, and season 4 felt like a long elevator episode. Still good stuff, just not as........expansive (sorry) as previous seasons.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
No special poster for the dickhead of the cast in the OP. I approve.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What?! I'm going to have to wait weekly for episodes this time!? WTF is this nonsense!? They're killing meeeeeeeee.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
No special poster for the dickhead of the cast in the OP. I approve.
IYOfabC.png

Credit to Eoin for this.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
What?! I'm going to have to wait weekly for episodes this time!? WTF is this nonsense!? They're killing meeeeeeeee.
Same as The Boys, 3 episodes at the start then weekly episodes after that.

I can definitely understand why people don't like this, but I can also understand the reasons for it - it keeps discussion about the series going for much longer and keeps it relatively in sync, rather than having a single drop where everyone watches the whole season and there's a short space of time where people are kind of just comparing their impressions of the whole thing.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same as The Boys, 3 episodes at the start then weekly episodes after that.

I can definitely understand why people don't like this, but I can also understand the reasons for it - it keeps discussion about the series going for much longer and keeps it relatively in sync, rather than having a single drop where everyone watches the whole season and there's a short space of time where people are kind of just comparing their impressions of the whole thing.
I understand it from their perspective, but I don't have to like it! I came on board The Expanse a few months before Season 4 released on the recommendation from some friends, so I was all binge all the way.

At least we get 3 episodes on day 1.

Jan 29, 2018
I kinda like the compromise of three episodes up front then going to weekly. That way you can have your table setting episodes out of the way and still get to the fireworks factory day 1, then each of the following episodes have time to sink in.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't watch the trailer and can't wait to start the new season. My comfy show blanket.

Vaporak

Banned
Jan 30, 2018
I'm really looking forward to the new season but the weekly episodes schedule sucks. I think I'm just going to ignore the release and look into it sometime next year.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
Strange there's no Alex poster, but I'm pretty pumped for this. Can't wait to see where it goes

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Oh they're doing weekly episodes? That sucks. See ya'll in Feb when its over. Hoping for an improved season. Show has gone down hill for my since season one. Really didn't like last season at all.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
So fucking excited! I'm actually ok with the weekly episodes... hopefully discussion in this thread will be lively between episodes :)

OP
OP

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
What's the deal in here spoilers on episode drop and S1-4 are open?

no book spoilers for unaired story?
Best to spoiler tag anything from the books 5 to 8 and anything relating to a new episode after it has aired for at least a week.

General discussion about episodes that doesn't give away plot points etc. is welcome without the use of spoiler tags.

Members should use their discretion and if you think you're spoiling something for someone who hasn't caught up, then spoiler that discussion point.

Belladonna

Oct 30, 2017
Really excited about this. Shame I can't binge as much as I want but understandable if they want to extend the season's presence.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
Really glad to see this have weekly episodes.

I can't remember where I stopped reading the books, but I guess this is getting into territory where I know some stuff and will be crossing over into new stuff for the s6 endgame. Should make things more exciting week to week.