• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just updated so not sure how late I am, but for someone that has hated every single Xbox one UI update this is actually... Good! It's really fast and simple so far and looks good.

Glad Microsoft finally got up to par with Sony and Nintendo.

OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hated the UI from launch until now. It finally paid off though this is sharp !

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't want to make a thread just for the question, but it does pertain to the Fall Update, so since some posters in here have been using the update for a good minute: Where are digital game manuals viewed now? I've never tried to use one before yesterday but I wanted to check out the Trackmania Turbo digital manual. I knew I had seen the option before and that it wasn't always something from an in-game menu, so I began poking around the Game Hub and the Xbox Assist help menu while in game. First time using the Xbox Assist help menu but I went through a lot of different screens and even searched for 'Trackmania Manual' and 'Manuals' in the Assist search bar. I couldn't find a manual for the game anywhere. I searched google but all of the directions on where to find them were for previous versions of the UI and I couldn't find anyone asking or talking about them post-Fall Update?

Are they gone as of the new update? Is there not a requirement that every game had to have one and smaller games tend not to (that's pretty ridiculous if that's the case, considering physical games don't come with manuals anymore and digital downloads need to be able to tell you at least the controls)? Have they just tucked them away somewhere I haven't checked yet?

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I... Didn't know that was an option...
Apparently snapping "Help" to the side of the screen while in-game was where they were, according to some old stuff I read on reddit and the Xbox forums. Didn't this update kill snapping though? I've never used the snap feature, so I wouldn't know what info was in Help before, but Help is now Xbox Assist and I can't find anything there.

Crazy thing is, Trackmania Turbo doesn't have a configuration or button layout page in its menu system, and I wanted to see what all the controls were. I wound up googling and found a manual on the Ubi site, but a digital manual would have been helpful.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just updated so not sure how late I am, but for someone that has hated every single Xbox one UI update this is actually... Good! It's really fast and simple so far and looks good.

Glad Microsoft finally got up to par with Sony and Nintendo.
on par with Sony? You mean with stability fixes? Microsoft has consistently put out better updates for the last year or 2
I would like to see the Xbox live gold ads removed for those who already subscribe to gold

OP
OP
TI92

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
on par with Sony? You mean with stability fixes? Microsoft has consistently put out better updates for the last year or 2
I would like to see the Xbox live gold ads removed for those who already subscribe to gold

Sadly no, the Xbox has been so far behind in UI terms

ZeroWil

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
While I never really had trouble adjusting to previous dashboards this one became an instant favorite to me.

enemy2k

Oct 29, 2017
Which ads? I only see the one box on the home screen which takes you to all the Gold sales and free games so it has a purpose.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
It is a HUGE improvement over what it has been. As someone who has talked an enormous amount of trash about the system's ui since launch (for good reason) they've finally released something that feels fluid and usable. I feel like Microsoft's interface game over the last 4 years or so across consoles and Windows has been amazingly uneven given what an important part of their business it is. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come from them.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Up to par with PS4? I can't open the ps store while in game and the video apps take forever to show up.

Well thats not true. Im playing skyrim and browsing the ps store at the same time on the og ps4 right now.

And i agree with the sentiment that xbox is catching up with ps4 updates... Ive had bad experiences with every xb1 update so far, theyve all felt clunky, slow, with unnecessary features (or features that made no sense)

This update feels a lot closer to a streamlined and smoother experience on par with ps4s

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I don't like it personally, everything is a mess of menus now (especially the friends "section" as it seems to be divided up into). The dashboard before this one wasn't spectacular either but at least I didn't struggle with it.

It feels like a poor attempt to emulate the Xbox 360 guide.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't want to make a thread just for the question, but it does pertain to the Fall Update, so since some posters in here have been using the update for a good minute: Where are digital game manuals viewed now? I've never tried to use one before yesterday but I wanted to check out the Trackmania Turbo digital manual. I knew I had seen the option before and that it wasn't always something from an in-game menu, so I began poking around the Game Hub and the Xbox Assist help menu while in game. First time using the Xbox Assist help menu but I went through a lot of different screens and even searched for 'Trackmania Manual' and 'Manuals' in the Assist search bar. I couldn't find a manual for the game anywhere. I searched google but all of the directions on where to find them were for previous versions of the UI and I couldn't find anyone asking or talking about them post-Fall Update?

Are they gone as of the new update? Is there not a requirement that every game had to have one and smaller games tend not to (that's pretty ridiculous if that's the case, considering physical games don't come with manuals anymore and digital downloads need to be able to tell you at least the controls)? Have they just tucked them away somewhere I haven't checked yet?
My Xbox is disconnected until the X arrives so I can't check there but the help pages are still accessible from the Xbox app

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've actually had a few problems since getting the update.

Not receiving any notifications, including messages from my friends, controller not powering on the console, the Home page not showing my games, etc, etc.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
how do i control my streaming music volume now? it's gone from the dash

using Stream What You Hear to the XB1s.