Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Got the GOTY edition installed on XSX, hopefully all the DLC upgrades automatically. Currently my version of Fallout 4 is automatically upgrading, so we'll see.

Might actually play the game properly this time around without mods, but we'll see.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Wait, what the hell, yesterday on the store I 'owned' Fallout 4, and now I don't?
I don't even have the base version any more? That's bullshit.

Same here. I can download Fallout 4 but only on PS4, and with the PS+ icon. Yesterday it showed I owned it with no PS+ icon, but ALSO if I went to the PS+ version it said I owned that too. So yesterday I owned it normally and also PS+ version. Today I only own the PS+ version.

Clear as mud! Sorry not giving Bethesda $20 after I already bought it on PS4 on disc and the DLC's too.

EDIT: Just saw this in the comments of an article "The official Bethesda discord have acknowledged the PS+ version not receiving the update and are looking into it."

www.pushsquare.com

Fallout 4 Next Gen Version Is Out Now on PS5, Xbox, and PC

Head back to the wasteland

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Same here. I can download Fallout 4 but only on PS4, and with the PS+ icon. Yesterday it showed I owned it with no PS+ icon, but ALSO if I went to the PS+ version it said I owned that too. So yesterday I owned it normally and also PS+ version. Today I only own the PS+ version.

Clear as mud! Sorry not giving Bethesda $20 after I already bought it on PS4 on disc and the DLC's too.

It's a bummer. I owned the disc but gave it away when I got the PS+ version.
I was looking forward to diving back in this weekend but I am also not paying £16 on principle. Especially as it was just on sale for £4.
What a load of piss.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a PC mod that makes the map behave like in New Vegas? Where moving the stick moves the actual map and not some completely useless cursor that blocks the most important aspect of the screen which is the direction you are facing as well as also needing to push to the edge of the screen to scroll?

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
32:9, 1440p, 240hz display here. Just a quick load to see what's going on. Looks like UI is stretched, animations look to play like they are in fastforward. Pretty disappointed lol

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
On PC I went to the quarry by the starting town and there is a massive piece of non-collidable LOD mesh over the entire rim of it. No mods installed.

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017

EDIT: Just saw this in the comments of an article "The official Bethesda discord have acknowledged the PS+ version not receiving the update and are looking into it."

www.pushsquare.com

Fallout 4 Next Gen Version Is Out Now on PS5, Xbox, and PC

Head back to the wasteland
Wouldn't be Bethesda release without some bugs

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
VR version does not seem to have to receive this kind of update. So, it got left behind again.

Well, not like I actually expected it to happen really since it's been abandoned like half decade ago, without any updates.

Maybe some modders could port the new stuff (weapons, workshop items, etc.) to VR version hopefully.

NeonDelta

Sep 29, 2020
Downloading now, hope this fixes the save data issue going between disc and digital that happens with the UK copy. The ps5 version it's downloading doesnt have a disc icon next to it so if its not fixed I'll have to start again. (I own disc and digital but can only play my save using disc install for ps4 version)

warcrow

Oct 30, 2017
Downloading now on PS5.

Had to go to the store, search for Fallout (only PS4 version showed up), click into it and the free PS5 Upgrade was sitting on the right-hand side. I went into that, "Purchased" the free updated, and then began downloading the PS5 version.

See ya'll in the wasteland!!

Fulcrum

Nov 7, 2022
32:9, 1440p, 240hz display here. Just a quick load to see what's going on. Looks like UI is stretched, animations look to play like they are in fastforward. Pretty disappointed lol

That is really disappointing. I would have expected some effort to at least make widescreen not just stretching the UI. They've been working on this for well over a year.

jonamok

Oct 28, 2017
I also have the PS+ version as part of the PS5 collection promotion from a few years back. Never played it. I still went to buy it yesterday while it was on its last day at £4, but it wouldn't let me as I already had it installed. Cool, I thought, I'll get the PS5 version free today.

Nope, that'll be £16. Sale over. GTFO. They better fix it.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I think this is the first PS5 upgrade I've seen in a while where loading up an old save that's done a bunch of stuff doesn't auto-pop the trophies it would be eligible for. So there's a reason to just start a new character after all.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
That is really disappointing. I would have expected some effort to at least make widescreen not just stretching the UI. They've been working on this for well over a year.
Yeah I was a bit disappointed as well. I had it 3560x1440 previously and it was stretched. Removed all of the modified settings and started anew with the update and the UI is stretched almost identically. At least I don't notice a difference.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Can you switch between Performance and Quality Modes on Series X? Haven't had a chance to play.
Yep. I just played a bit of the opening and you can toggle the Performance mode on Series X.

For what it's worth, the Quality mode is a variable frame rate, but still hits 60fps a lot of the time. The Performance mode will just lock that frame rate.

Nuzzgok

Mar 7, 2022
h5sed1x9bnwc1.jpeg

Shared on Reddit for the PS+ users

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
*When connected to a 120Hz display, Quality mode will target 40 FPS.
*When connected to a 1440p display, the title will run at 1440p resolution at 60 FPS w/ ultra settings regardless of rendering mode
That is slick af. Now that we know Bethesda can do it I wonder if this will come to Starfield (the 40 fps mode at least).

Bio Booster Armoire

Prophet of Truth
Apr 21, 2020
Series X - my game takes about 5 minutes to load to the front menu, once there it won't let me enable add-ons and I can't load my saves. Looking pretty good so far...

Dinskugga

Nov 6, 2017
maybe a illusion but it feels like my fallout 4 on steam has better performance after the patch. feels much more smooth

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
before update, Series X, FPS boost on
fWoUuXb.png

Post patch performance mode = off
ntCuT5a.png

before:
goL01JP.png

after patch, performance = off
XmgSzjJ.png

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ah, my PSN copy must be the PS+ version because it's asking me to pay.

I did used to own it on disc when the game first launched—forgot if I bought or got access via PS+ digitally to replace it, and I guess it's the latter since I have to purchase to access it on PS5.

Oh well, was more prepped to play on Steam Deck anyway.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Ah, my PSN copy must be the PS+ version because it's asking me to pay.

I did used to own it on disc when the game first launched—forgot if I bought or got access via PS+ digitally to replace it, and I guess it's the latter since I have to purchase to access it on PS5.

Oh well, was more prepped to play on Steam Deck anyway.

You can't download the update if you have the ps+ version?