• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
Sorriest excuse for 21:9 support, this is gross.

Fallout-4-Screenshot-2024-04-25-09-11-36-71.png
Low effort work from Bethesda. I am shocked.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
quickly checked it on console, no mods, survival mode

did all the vault intro, looted around sanctuary, started cooking on the campfire and a radroach attacked me, causing me to get stuck till it killed me
game loaded back into the vault
uninstalled it

never play fallout 4 without mods, yall. or just never play fallout 4, works too

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Left the vault 5 minutes ago.

"You're fatigued."

Oh boy it's gonna be like that huh?

Seriously, though, I'm having fun so far. First ever playthrough, as blind as possble. Intro was a bit slow but it kept my attention. Not a fan of the character creator but I was able to create something passable. Wasn't sure what to go with for my stats; I focused on Perception, Charisma and Agility because I want to be a stealth archer gun slinger.

Just leveled up for the first time and it looks like you can either spend points to unlock new perks, level up perks or increase base attributes? Gonna have to think about what to pick first. It's hard to make an informed decision but I kind of like that.

The game in general doesn't seem to tell you much aside from the notifications in the top corner. Thank god no barrage of tutorial pop-ups you have to read and confirm. Had to go to the Help screen several times now and I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Not sure if that's a Survival Mode thing, but it fits the "figure it out as you go" vibe of the mode.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica

did all the vault intro, looted around sanctuary, started cooking on the campfire and a radroach attacked me, causing me to get stuck till it killed me
uninstalled it

never play fallout 4 without mods, yall. or just never play fallout 4, works too

This has never happened to me in the last 9 years. I have thousands of hours on unmodded and modded F4.

But hey, if that's all it took to get uninstalled, who am I to say.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

uninstalled it

It only saves when you sleep on survival mode. What did you expect?
Any compare shots/videos between vanilla Fallout 4 (PC) and next-gen Fallout 4 (PC)?

It's going to look identical. They didn't add anything, they turned the sliders up to match Ultra PC while adding 6fps officially at 4K

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to continue my PS4 version at a higher framerate on PS5. Doesn't sound like that's possible.;

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017

uninstalled it

Evergreen gif

mKu5dIv.gif

Left the vault 5 minutes ago.

"You're fatigued."

Oh boy it's gonna be like that huh?

Seriously, though, I'm having fun so far. First ever playthrough, as blind as possble. Intro was a bit slow but it kept my attention. Not a fan of the character creator but I was able to create something passable. Wasn't sure what to go with for my stats; I focused on Perception, Charisma and Agility because I want to be a stealth archer gun slinger.

Just leveled up for the first time and it looks like you can either spend points to unlock new perks, level up perks or increase base attributes? Gonna have to think about what to pick first. It's hard to make an informed decision but I kind of like that.

The game in general doesn't seem to tell you much aside from the notifications in the top corner. Thank god no barrage of tutorial pop-ups you have to read and confirm. Had to go to the Help screen several times now and I'm still not sure what I'm doing. Not sure if that's a Survival Mode thing, but it fits the "figure it out as you go" vibe of the mode.

Yeah, this game doesn't do a good job of explaining some of it's mechanics but there's plenty of YouTube videos out there if you get stuck on something.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

uninstalled it

Survival mode specifically doesn't auto-save unless you sleep, AFAIK. That's why you went back to that earlier save.

(I only wanted to answer because if anything, having mods without being careful with their order can cause additional crash issues, so you're giving iffy advice to someone who doesn't know what's going on. The issue you ran into isn't a problem with unmodded F4.)

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

I expected the game to not make me stand there being plinked to death without being able to defend myself just because i couldnt back out of the cooking station quickly enough when the radroach appeared

Incredibly silly of me i know

Survival mode specifically doesn't auto-save unless you sleep, AFAIK. That's why you went back to that earlier save.

(I only wanted to answer because if anything, having mods without being careful with their order can cause additional crash issues, so you're giving iffy advice to someone who doesn't know what's going on. The issue you ran into isn't a problem with unmodded F4.)

The issue i ran is absolutely an issue with unmodded F4. The unofficial patch fixes the cooking station glitch i just had.

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017

It's going to look identical. They didn't add anything, they turned the sliders up to match Ultra PC while adding 6fps officially. All of which was achievable through mods.

Ah, well. Nevertheless.

Honestly I haven't played this in something like 5 years so I'm excited to jump in and do another run, and this time I have all the DLC (I didn't play any of it) plus the free content as well to explore, so I'm going to be an easy sell on this. I'm also not really into mods (other than the inventory one that makes inventory management 1,000x easier and less annoying - I wonder if that one still works?) so I don't mind, though I was looking forward to Ultrawide support, which is probably the bigger update here for me (Starfield UltraWide was great).

hsojlightfoot

AVALANCHE
Apr 6, 2020
I think it looks better than the ps4 version in quality mode if you can handle locked 30 fps. Runs smooth as butter. So it's properly frame paced at least. Loading seems faster too. Can't really read the tips in time, lol

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I expected the game to not make me stand there being plinked to death without being able to defend myself just because i couldnt back out of the cooking station quickly enough when the radroach appeared

Incredibly silly of me i know

It was silly of you to have expected different if you had played the game before. Why did you even download this in the first place if you felt so strongly about not having mods on

Harmen

Aug 30, 2023
God fucking damnit, how the hell is the PSN store so bad? I own F4, but can only download the PS4 version? Also, when I use select version, I get two PS4 versions, one of which is off limits.

I do think I have a Fallout 4 disc somewhere still, so maybe I can use that.......

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
It was silly of you to have expected different if you had played the game before. Why did you even download this in the first place if you felt so strongly about not having mods on
What? I have no issues to playing with mods at all. I just wanted to quickly check on console how the new update worked and was reminded on why you dont play bethesda games without mods at all (because theyre fucking broken).

Gotcha, I hadn't realized it was a specific glitch you were talking about. It sounded more like you thought the save behavior was a bugged.

nah i know about how saving works in survival, it just makes it more infuriating when you lose progress due to the game breaking on you instead of your fault, its why one of the mods i always get first is the autosave item mod

My TV says that in performance mode = 60. Not in performance mode = 120, give or take 1 or 2 fps. I can't see a difference, gonna need a DF video lol

the game looked a lot better and ran just the same with performance mode off for me too. maybe its just for the downtown boston area

Last edited:

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
My TV says that in performance mode = 60. Not in performance mode = 120, give or take 1 or 2 fps. I can't see a difference, gonna need a DF video lol

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
The store page for the PS5 version has dualsense capabilities listed; can anyone confirm that?

BrownWalrus

Nov 2, 2017
Downloaded the patch but having a hard time getting quality mode to run on at 4k 40fps. I have a 65" LG CX, which (from what I can tell) is supposed to support 4k 120hz, yet when i'm on quality mode in the game and go to the "Video Output Information" it says the game is running on 1080p 120hz. Weirder yet, when I see what is supported for the connected HDMI device it shows 4k only supports up to 60hz for both HDR/NO HDR. Is it my HDMI cable that's at fault here? I'm pretty sure it's a newer one.

Edit: It was the cable lol.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017
I'm not sure what exactly this manifest trick is for. The update still appears on your Steam's download queue and if I want to start the game without updating, it needs to be in offline mode or through a third-party launcher. Wouldn't it be more practical just check the option to update only when starting the game?
Well, you do it before the update is in the queue. So it is too late. There are other methods to avoid updating, or downgrading if you do update.

CyReN

Oct 25, 2017
To get 4K 40 FPS mode, do you just not enable performance mode in the menu? Not seeing anything else for it.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
2 hours and no problems on the Steam version. Most of my mods are still working too. It's really good to get back into this game.

On the other hand, I hadn't remembered how ugly the faces were. The difference with Starfield is really glaring, and yet it's not one of Starfield's strong points either. A quick comparison :

1656888779-2797835-santiagosanchez.jpg

1656888235-ehq2op5bt9991.jpg
Starfield is a step up in many ways. Gunplay especially. All of their previous titles are fucking ugly. I'd love to play a new Fallout with what they cook with now...only...seamlessly.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I see that Bethesda did Bethesda thing, released update that brought nothing new and broke everything XD

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Folks who are currently playing the Xbox version, can you please check this and respond:

- Are you still able to download and use the V-Sync mod in conjunction with Quality mode?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i dont get it. playing on series x and every setting seems to be the same visual quality and framerate. performance on/off or on with 120hz.
is the setting broken? i mean, there should be a massive difference between perf on/off (30 to 60) but there is just nothing.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe they didn't fix the weapon debris crashing bug. Ton of people are gonna have issues. I was about to uninstall the game a couple days ago because it kept crashing and just happened to see someone post mention turning off weapon debris

BrownWalrus

Nov 2, 2017
i dont get it. playing on series x and every setting seems to be the same visual quality and framerate. performance on/off or on with 120hz.
is the setting broken? i mean, there should be a massive difference between perf on/off (30 to 60) but there is just nothing.

I think you'll probably see bigger differences with draw distance, lighting, etc. Texture wise I don't think you'll see much more between Quality / Performance (especially since they're both 4k or close to it, and because textures are already garbage to begin with).

Yogi.

Feb 3, 2023
Can't believe they didn't fix the weapon debris crashing bug. Ton of people are gonna have issues. I was about to uninstall the game a couple days ago because it kept crashing and just happened to see someone post mention turning off weapon debris

Yeah that's wild. The Tv show is sending much more casual players in droves who won't know to look up such issues when they encounter them.

Joo

May 25, 2018
To get 4K 40 FPS mode, do you just not enable performance mode in the menu? Not seeing anything else for it.
No, it should be the quality option. Like the one that's targeting 30fps but goes to 40fps if you have 120hz enabled from PS5 settings (and possibly also in game).