• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Regarding the trophies, those obtained on PS4 should be synchronized with the PS5 version, right? Because now I can't get the trophies that I got in the PS4 version since I have started the game

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So for anyone who booted up the PS5 version and played a bit, what mods are working so I know what to install?

Thanks.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
runs great on my deck, didn't even have to do anything with my mods (all from the in-game mod menu)

Also convinced me to finally do that erase & reinstall I've been thinking about on my gaming computer. Fresh install of W11, chrome, and steam. I've reinstalled FO4 and am going through installing Mod Organizer 2 for the first time. So far I've been lazy and just used the in-game mod options. But its easy enough to follow some youtube videos so here I go :)

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Far Harbor - Series X, Performance off

M5mLygm.png

HhMcxAD.png

BjuySl0.png

View: https://i.imgur.com/ByUsUIj.mp4

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
People complaining about a free update for an 8 year old game, sounds about right.
I didn't think people still thought like this tbh. When a company puts something out, it should work well. This is in no way asking too much. Just because something is free does not mean it is above criticism, that makes no sense.

Let's say I tell you I'm giving you a watch, totally free. You get excited, you're getting a watch, you've been wanting a watch! And I hand you a broken, rusted watch. You'd (or most people would) likely think, uh what the hell, this sucks! But hey, it was free, can't complain about that. Let's say a restaurant is offering a you a free meal, and it's one peanut on a plate; sure it's free, but it's not going to do much for you.

Last edited:

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Why didn't they give us the option to select 1440p, 60 fps, ultra settings? So dumb. I'll definitely sacrifice dynamic resolution 4K for ultra settings on PS5.

Really frustrating.

Kentsui

Oct 26, 2017
Update is wonky at best, performance 'improvements' are questionable, the 'content' added is all creation club, it is as advertised,but also very disappointing once again.
I should know better than to expect anything from Bethesda anymore, but I'm still in the mood for a playthrough after the show, and i'll definitely get some use of the nail gun.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Almost feel bad for whoever at digital foundry is gonna do the corvega run one last time on Xbox 1, 1x, series s, series x, ps4, ps4 pro, ps 5, then the different performance and quality modes and finally pc. Lmao.

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Bethesda wants a whole new group of fans to discover what makes their games so aggravating to play.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
None of the fixes for playing the game in a 120 or 144 Hz display is working. Got to adjust my monitor to 60 Hz. What the fuck.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Oh shit! Digital update and physical update share saves on PS5!
If you have your save on the disc version, upgrade to the PS5 version you can use it on the digital PS5 version. Awesome. I do not need to have the disc in to play it.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
Can someone confirm if setting your PS5 to 1440p in system settings and setting performance mode to off is still 60fps?

Heard someone say it lowers the fps when you disable performance mode.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know too much about mods... but do think there could be a user mod to support "ultrawide" for the console versions, like how Kojima did it with Death Stranding?

it was output in 4k..with black bars... but the resolution of the visible image was only 3840×1644...or 3200×1370

DEATH-STRANDING-DIRECTOR-S-CUT-20210926210102.png

The PS5 was able to handle that at 60fps. I think the Series X and PS5 can handle FO4 at those resolutions at 60fps no?

Last edited:

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
How's the game run on Steam Deck now that it's verified? (Not that I played it when it wasn't lol)

Goldbob

Sep 21, 2020
Survival mode in this game somehow manages to feel amazing and terrible at the same time. The thirst, starvation, sleep and sickness mechanics are great, not having fast travel is surprisingly enjoyable, but then you actually enter combat and it all falls apart. like half the enemies can one shot you and it's back to your last bed.

I can't complete the museum, can't complete the Abernathy farm side quest, can't even wander around outside sanctuary without a random encounter ending in me being one shot or maybe two shot if I'm lucky.

Last edited:

samseesghosts

Feb 13, 2022
England
Was gonna download this on PS5 but it seems like it's better to stick to the Xbox One version on Series X for the Ultra Quality/60fps mod and vivid fallout textures?

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not understanding - isn't the CC content free? Do you not just pull it up and download what you want?

Never played this or Skyrim so I don't know how the CC works

The new stuff they added in this update is free. But the rest of the creation club is all paid content except for when they occasionally give stuff away for free.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is but I genuinely think FO4 looks better than 76 most of the time. Like White Springs interiors is one of the ugliest things I've seen in a game and NPCs look worse too not sure how they did it.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
few more random pics Series X, Performance off

XHY8tEP.png

bFgvNaN.png

LA3zfvu.png

xJhaJAF.png

cwsJM7S.png

Fast travel with the Vertibird.. maybe memory is playing with me but it seemed performance was a little better before the patch just using the 4k60 mods. Frame rate is a little sporadic at times.

View: https://i.imgur.com/GSS0hgB.mp4

Last edited: