• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Weapon Debris was crashing it for me too so glad its not just me.

Does anyone have a fix for the FOV? I had set custom World and FPS values in the INI file but the game seems to ignore it now.

Dec 5, 2017
Weapon Debris was crashing it for me too so glad its not just me.

Does anyone have a fix for the FOV? I had set custom World and FPS values in the INI file but the game seems to ignore it now.
You can just open the console and type the FOV you want. You will need to do it each time you play, which is maybe not the answer you are looking for.

Cashedtastic

Oct 27, 2017
Spokane, WA
Playing on Series X. Logged 6 hours prior to today, experienced a couple bugs, but nothing game breaking. I was trying to play on Survival to heighten the experience but lowered the difficulty after dying in the same spot three times towards the end of a quest. Wish I wouldn't have lowered the difficulty, i was definitely enjoying it more with the extra mechanics. Of course after lowering the difficulty i found a bed that would've helped me out a bunch prior to lowering the difficulty. Would love customization like in Grounded, where you can tweak each setting to exactly how you want to play.

The bump to 60fps on Series X post update is great. Haven't noticed anything else.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Damn, looks like there's still no word on if people who own the PS+ Collection version will get the free upgrade.

Hmmm...do I pop in my disk or bite the bullet and spend $20.00...decisions decisions.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Heh, based on reading this thread, kind of baffled why they even updated the PC version. Sounds like things that were an issue before like the weapon debris crash remain so. Perhaps with how 'incremental' this update is that once F4SE is updated the vast majority of mods will continue to be supported without needing new updates (which would be ideal since I imagine a lot of mod authors have moved on in the past 9 years), but will see.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I meant being frustrated that they had to delay for such a borked update.
Yeah, can't argue with that.

F4SE's creator called out this the same way Skyrim's Anniversary Edition broke everything. If you didn't buy the Anniversay Edition, the update did practically nothing, but it utterly decimated your mods. I held off on the update for quite a while before finally running it, and after a week they released another update, which I also put off for like six months. And when I finally updated it a week or two ago, it took me several hours to get the game running again. It's ridiculous. Their "love and support" for the modding community only goes so far, it seems.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
PS5 I'm seeing a bug where the wastelander settlement dlc isn't registering (no concrete, no cages), even though it says active in the add-ons. Also won't allow the better neon signs mod.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Survival mode in this game somehow manages to feel amazing and terrible at the same time. The thirst, starvation, sleep and sickness mechanics are great, not having fast travel is surprisingly enjoyable, but then you actually enter combat and it all falls apart. like half the enemies can one shot you and it's back to your last bed.

I can't complete the museum, can't complete the Abernathy farm side quest, can't even wander around outside sanctuary without a random encounter ending in me being one shot or maybe two shot if I'm lucky.
I have this on with Horizon and it rebalances everything. I can't wait until I can update the game with F4SE, most people said their mods worked (the ones that did not require F4SE).

Dec 5, 2017
Perhaps with how 'incremental' this update is that once F4SE is updated the vast majority of mods will continue to be supported without needing new updates (which would be ideal since I imagine a lot of mod authors have moved on in the past 9 years), but will see.
They changed the compiler, it's like AE for Skyrim. Mods will need major updates.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I've been itching to play Fallout 4 but I knew in my heart of hearts that this update would launch with a bunch of issues and it would probably be months before it would all be (hopefully) patched up. That's just the state of games these days and it's doubly true for a Bethesda release. At least it sounds like they fixed the really bad crashing that was happening on Series S. Hopefully it stays that way over the course of the next couple of patches.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Heh, based on reading this thread, kind of baffled why they even updated the PC version. Sounds like things that were an issue before like the weapon debris crash remain so. Perhaps with how 'incremental' this update is that once F4SE is updated the vast majority of mods will continue to be supported without needing new updates (which would be ideal since I imagine a lot of mod authors have moved on in the past 9 years), but will see.
Yeah honestly it's pretty wild that they pushed this out for PC like they did. Could've just been a free DLC pack instead of a patch. The "widescreen support" is a joke, and it's not like they added DLSS or higher frame rate support or anything.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
That weapon debris bug is going to turn so many players away from the game. If Bethesda isn't going to bother fixing it, they should add some kind of warning about it at least. I just happened to find out about it by searching for posts about crashing on the Steam forums.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I spent a bit of time with it on my xbox series x. I used the 1440p mode and the resolution bump helps a lot. I played previously on the fps boost mode that is 1080p.

The main update, on PC, i was hoping for was an update to loading speeds to take advantage of ssds. I havent updated my pc copies yet but im getting the impression that it didnt happen.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's because I've never played a single Fallout game and am currently super in to the show, but I have had an enjoyable 3 hours so far. I do agree that there seems to be no difference between quality/performance modes on XSX, and the VATS dmg numbers seem fucked up, but my enjoyable is not being hindered at all.

The vibe of the game is fucking amazing. Why have I been sleeping on Fallout?

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Considering the issues it added, this update shouldn't have released on PC, but man I'm glad it got released on Xbox. Prior to this update, I literally couldn't explore around Boston Common and Goodneighbor on One S or Series S due to constant crashing. Faneuil Hall in particular was an area I couldn't even look at without the game sending me to the dashboard. I just ran around Boston Common, Goodneighbor, and Faneuil Hall murdering shit, with no crash on Series S, though there were some frame drops.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
They changed the compiler, it's like AE for Skyrim. Mods will need major updates.

Damn that sucks then. Wonder how many mod authors will come back to update these then. Briefly some of the mods I've been looking at over the past few weeks haven't been updated since 2016-2017. Don't know how the mod scene bounced back after that Skyrim update, but honestly just feels like such an unforced error. Why break 9 years of mod support for this? I realize probably not all mods are broken after this, but still.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2022
Garbage update honestly. Don't understand why it's so hard to implement a native FOV slider for these games, 9 whole years later.

Was expecting a Witcher 3 type next gen patch.

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Everything is perfect on PS5, except no FOV Slider. It's so fucking stupid that it's not in a 9 year old game. Absolute torture.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
Quick PSA that maybe 9 years ago it didn't make sense with 1080 displays and older PCs/GPUs, but NOW....with modern machines and 4K displays, the 50 gig High Resolution Pack really solves the lower res textures problem in some areas.

You can compare right at the start in Shaun's room, the SPECIAL book, the furniture, everything.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Man, wasted time downloading and waiting for it to complete and install only to realize that I picked the PS4 version (I started the download through the phone app). Now to delete and download again...

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Played for an hour on PS5, feels good, 60fps makes this game feel sooo much better

As flawed as it is, Fallout 4 has some nice visuals. I like how colourful the landscapes are compared to prior games