• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now for Deck. Are they any benefits for Deck owners, or any opinions from people who have played it?

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading now for Deck. Are they any benefits for Deck owners, or any opinions from people who have played it?
Ummm, not really. It hides the launcher, if that's a benefit but you have to re-enable it manually if you want to change your settings. Plus you may need a workaround or two to get the game to run smoothly on the OLED deck but that's no different than it was before the patch, only the method differs.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
Ummm, not really. It hides the launcher, if that's a benefit but you have to re-enable it manually if you want to change your settings. Plus you may need a workaround or two to get the game to run smoothly on the OLED deck but that's no different than it was before the patch, only the method differs.

Oh really, so if I want to change video settings there's no other way than re-enabling the launcher?

I'm on OG Deck. I'm hoping loading have improved! Thanks.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
It's not capped, but you should cap it to 60. Anything above will break the physics and conversations.
o.
Mhmm how do I cap FPS? And are there directions anywhere on how to set up the Ultra Wide Screen settings? The launcher is dated and I can't get the proper combination to get my resolution to match w/ the game once it launches.

Kalasai

Jan 16, 2018
France
Played a little Yesterday. On PS5 performance is fine. The IQ IS perfect and crisp on my TV. With some graphical mode it's perfect ! I'm new to fallout 4. Any tips ? I have explored a little around Concord and sanctuary, go to Lexington but thé ghoule seems many here :D

Kingy

Feb 3, 2019
To get this Steam Deck verified they removed ability to change any video settings? How is that an improvement?

Wanderish

Jan 5, 2019
My game is completely broken now on PC and Steamdeck, I don't think I will finish this now. Having an update like this mid playthrough almost 10 years after release is a joke. The game doesn't even look better and it runs so bad now on my Deck where I was playing at 60 fps.
Thanks Bethesda, creation club and the Game's Store work perfectly :D

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Series X

Did a uninstall and fresh install. Hope this smooths things out from here on.

Also noticed the mods I used before seem to be back up and running post patch.
EDIT
Mods disable achievements

T0EVxtP.png

Audio reverb
yvguGlX.png

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Far Harbour looking great. Man, I can't believe what I happily accepted with that 60fps "ultra" mod. No way it was running ultra settings like it advertised. What was the resolution on that no fps boost One X version?

I finally turned on survival mode. Had to make sure I turned off system auto updates because this release feels like it will get multiple bug fixes and I don't want to wakeup to losing my save and potentially hours because I hadn't sleep in game recently.

Also, good GOD that carry limit penalty was rough when switching over, and this is with 2 ranks in strong back preparing for this. I expected to lose everything but three weapons and a hand full of chems, I did not expect to have to stash 50% of the ammo I hoarded for those weapons.

Last edited:

Wanderish

Jan 5, 2019
To get this Steam Deck verified they removed ability to change any video settings? How is that an improvement?
One of steam's requirements to get a game verified is not to ask the user to use the "mouse" for example on a launcher. It's absurd because the game ran perfectly before and was just one click away from playing. Now you can't even change your settings if you don't force-launch the launcher from steam settings.

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Are there any impressions on the 40 FPS mode? Won't get a chance to play for a while and I'm kind of curious if it is worth the sacrifice.

onibirdo

Dec 9, 2020
What's better about the crafting in Fallout 76?
Less perks needed to craft basic stuff and scrapping goes way smoother. I don't think you can mass scrap junk in Fallout 4 unless I'm missing something.

YMMV but I also enjoy unlocking weapon and armor mods from scrapping weapons and armor in Fallout 76.

Plum

May 31, 2018
> Open update
> Do a random Minutemen quest to help boost my relationship with Preston Garvey so I can finally go do Nuka World
> "Talk to people at Covenant."
> Guy I'm supposed to talk to is completely silent, only having subtitles
> Finally move on to the 'Defend Covenant' part of the quest
> Kill 3 low-level synths
> "Talk to Citizens of Covenant."
> Same guy now has no dialogue. Talking to him just opens up the trade menu.
> Quest is, therefore, permanently unbeatable
> Reload old save so I can just let it fail and be done with things

Amazing first-impression of the new update lol

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
It's baffling the previous build of the PC version isn't offered as a password-free "beta" that users can select from the Properties window.

Throw up a notice on the Steam page informing people of the option alongside a clarification that the old build is no longer supported from a customer service perspective, and, hey presto, your average user gets the "intended" experience and the more technically-inclined can easily downgrade without having to fiddle around with Steam's console.
Normally I'd agree, but considering the size of the modding community I think I do prefer having one version that is established as the "live" one. Otherwise you'd see some modders staying on version X/Y instead of adapting their mod for a new version, which unfortunately just fragments the whole scene.

It's not an optimal situation either way and offering different branches via the drop-down menu could probably work without too many complications within the mod scene, but I think it's a pill we need to swallow if we want better mod support.

(Impossible to say if this is Bethesda's reasoning however!)

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Less perks needed to craft basic stuff and scrapping goes way smoother. I don't think you can mass scrap junk in Fallout 4 unless I'm missing something.

YMMV but I also enjoy unlocking weapon and armor mods from scrapping weapons and armor in Fallout 76.
Thanks for the info; this makes me more excited to finally start Fallout 76 soon since exploring the wasteland and looting and crafting stuff is my favorite part about Fallout 4.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Using both a modded launcher that launches F4SE instead of the vanilla launcher and a mod that tricks Steam into thinking the game is up-to-date and it's like the update doesn't even exist for me. I imagine I'll be keeping it this way for a while.

Feb 16, 2022
Those of you playing for the first time, or if anyone still remembered their first time enough to answer, a question: At which point would you go out and explore freely as opposed to following the main quest markers? I'm having a choice paralysis of sorts

Plum

May 31, 2018
Wait

Your trophies don't carry over?

I just levelled up one time and I did get all the levelling-up related trophies, but nothing else has come across with the save transfer.

Fallout 4 is the last game where "go do all the trophies again," is a reasonable ask.

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Those of you playing for the first time, or if anyone still remembered their first time enough to answer, a question: At which point would you go out and explore freely as opposed to following the main quest markers? I'm having a choice paralysis of sorts

should be able to roam freely as soon as you fully awaken and leave the vault iirc.

Feb 16, 2022
should be able to roam freely as soon as you fully awaken and leave the vault iirc.
Sorry, I should've been more clear lol. I meant at which point would it be adviseable/ideal to "ditch" the main quest temporarily? In case there are some good stuff that comes from doing the main quest that would make stuff easier or more efficient.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
A clarification if you may please.

I upgraded my normal Fallout 4 ps4 version (without any DLC) to the ps5 one. Does the PS5 one now includes all DLC as well?

Feb 16, 2022

I upgraded my normal Fallout 4 ps4 version (without any DLC) to the ps5 one. Does the PS5 one now includes all DLC as well?
One way to check is to scroll down on the game's tab on your PS5 dashboard and see if the DLCs listed underneath says "Free"

To be more specific, the PS5 SKU itself doesn't come with all the DLCs included with the base game download, they all still need to be downloaded separately. I can't check since I already own all the DLCs before, but I would guess you'd still need to buy them.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017

No, there are PS5 versions of all the DLC packs that you need to 'buy' (they're free if you already own them on PS4) again in the PS Store and download.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
No, there are PS5 versions of all the DLC packs that you need to 'buy' (they're free if you already own them on PS4) again in the PS Store and download.

Oh ok. Because after I got out of the Vault after a few mins the game started throwing quests at me (automatically) and I have never bought any DLC. So I was perplexed as to why so many quests started popping up.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Can you people change the HUD/Pip-boy colors from the fugly green to something else? Anything is fine over that default green. These screens hurt my eyes lol

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
One way to check is to scroll down on the game's tab on your PS5 dashboard and see if the DLCs listed underneath says "Free"

To be more specific, the PS5 SKU itself doesn't come with all the DLCs included with the base game download, they all still need to be downloaded separately. I can't check since I already own all the DLCs before, but I would guess you'd still need to buy them.

This is weird...

I am checking the add ons page as you suggested and the only ones I see requiring a purchase are Nuka World and Vault Tec DLCs. The rest of the DLCs dont show up a price to purchase. Even weirder there are also versions of Nuka World and Vault Tec that dont show up any price right next to the ones that do. All thumbnails have PS5/PS4 logos.

I am confused.

Feb 16, 2022
This is weird...

I am checking the add ons page as you suggested and the only ones I see requiring a purchase are Nuka World and Vault Tec DLCs. The rest of the DLCs dont show up a price to purchase. Even weirder there are also versions of Nuka World and Vault Tec that dont show up any price right next to the ones that do. All thumbnails have PS5/PS4 logos.

I am confused.
I've seen it happen with some other games, but not this one when I claimed my DLCs earlier. Are you checking from the PS5 dashboard > game tab > scroll down? Or are you using the Store page from your console, or maybe the mobile app?

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, I should've been more clear lol. I meant at which point would it be adviseable/ideal to "ditch" the main quest temporarily? In case there are some good stuff that comes from doing the main quest that would make stuff easier or more efficient.

EDIT
As you roam the lands you will get some chance encounters with befriending companions to team up with (a few can develop into romance and get some kind of friendship/lovers buff stat when you sleep together per night) or just go the lone wanderer route although iirc most might be tied on story progression same could be applied to joining factions you can take advantage of the odd benefits.

If you decide to set up a settlement there will be chance encounters to find level 4 tradesmen that can sell the odd exclusive weapon/armor. Another thing to point out about settlements is..
every now and then a spy will join the settlers and kill them off during the first half of the main game story

Last edited:

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
I've seen it happen with some other games, but not this one when I claimed my DLCs earlier. Are you checking from the PS5 dashboard > game tab > scroll down? Or are you using the Store page from your console, or maybe the mobile app?

Ah.

I was looking through the dashboard -> view game but it only showed a limited amount of add ons.

Now I scrolled down and used the option Show All add ons or something.

Now there is a full list of all add ons twice. One version without price listed and one with price listed (before I only saw 2 DLCs with prices only because it wasnt the full list).

This probably means I dont have free dlcs lol, but then again makes me wonder why the hell are there 2 versions of each DLC where one is marked as "map" while the other is marked as "add on". What is the point of this?