• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 16, 2022
Ah.

I was looking through the dashboard -> view game but it only showed a limited amount of add ons.

Now I scrolled down and used the option Show All add ons or something.

Now there is a full list of all add ons twice. One version without price listed and one with price listed (before I only saw 2 DLCs with prices only because it wasnt the full list).

This probably means I dont have free dlcs lol, but then again makes me wonder why the hell are there 2 versions of each DLC where one is marked as "map" while the other is marked as "add on". What is the point of this?
It's probably something to do with how separate SKUs work on Sony's platform--logically one set of the DLCs would be the ones previously available for PS4 owners, while the new entries are the ones compatible with both SKUs.

Huh, that's weird. On mine it noticeably drops to 30fps(could be less, idk).

I wonder if it's something to do with how on 1440p displays, it defaults/forces itself to run on 1440/60 with Ultra settings, so the Performance option doesn't do anything. Meanwhile on 4k displays(without 1440p output), Performance on/off works as intended.

Sangral

Powered by Friendship™
Feb 17, 2022
Anyone have a good list of must have mods for PC? I want to know what people are running.

Wes

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else having issues with VATS? Before the update everything was fine, after the update the percentages seem bugged, going from 0 to the expected value constantly.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a good list of must have mods for PC? I want to know what people are running.

1. Wait for the Fallout 4 Script Extender to get updated. Unfortunately it looks like I could be a while due to the amount of changes that Bethesda made
2. I wrote about a bunch of mods and mod lists in the OP

fifthblight

Apr 8, 2024
Haven't gotten a chance to jump in yet--does anyone know if this update did anything to fix the frequent crashes you would experience in downtown Boston on a Series S? I had to halt my last playthrough because of that, and it really sucked. :(

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Assume no mods are working for the time being. The only stuff that works is creation club downloads.

Man, what a bummer, but I believe you, I deleted all mods and the partition and it still errors out with a few of them. Too bad they don't have it posted as a known issue to know if/when they fix it.
Also discovered yesterday that the game has a 2 Gig cap for mods, which is insane in this day and age, you'd think the next gen version would be the ideal moment to update that

Wanace

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't gotten a chance to jump in yet--does anyone know if this update did anything to fix the frequent crashes you would experience in downtown Boston on a Series S? I had to halt my last playthrough because of that, and it really sucked. :(
The person who made Post #586 says yes, the crashing is fixed.

SnoopZ

Jul 30, 2019
Finally I'm able to download the PS5 PS+ Extra version for free, not sure if it is the catalogue version so if they remove it in future will lose access.

Harmen

Aug 30, 2023
Having a lot of fun with it again. To be honest playing Fallout 4 again really lays bare how much of a downgrade Starfield is in many regards. The game is also designed fairly well around it's limitations, unlike Starfield with it's million loading screens and mechanics/tech you can't really utilise properly.

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
Last year when asked about it(since the update was originally set for 2023), Pete Hines said this

View: https://x.com/DCDeacon/status/1689762227258052608

So I guess they've been busy with launching and then bug fixing Starfield.

I get it, but man. I really enjoy this game and wish it got better support over the years. There's basically only one decently meaty DLC unless you want to be evil, a bunch of piddly knickknack-y outpost contents, an update that does nothing on Series X, and no new achievements to pursue.

I guess I'll eventually start modding but I like the official Bethesda stuff... when it exists.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me about this please, I can't find this in Google.

www.youtube.com

How to Tell if Your Settler is a Synth - Fallout 4

My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/scotchandsmokerings - Mods Used: http://oxhorn.it/mods-used - My Fantasy Novel: http://www.cloranhastings.com/I broadcast liv...

steamcommunity.com

Help with Synth Settlers? :: Fallout 4 General Discussions

First off, I have a modification to my helmet that lets me see synthetic creatures/people. It makes them white with a purple haze. Robots (like Codsworth) will also appear this way. While managing my settlements, I came across a synth settler like here He has synth components on him. I've also...

EDIT

hmmm on series X the patch seems to have issues if your TV has auto HDR enabled. The frame rate was tanking and randomly exiting to dashboard in Boston around Harbormaster Hotel area, having disabling the auto HDR the frame rate issues resolved.

Last edited:

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
This is my first experience with the game on PC and quite frankly it's embarrassing that this is considered a "next gen" patch.

No support above 60fps without physics breaking, vsync has stutter so you're forced to run without it (also no toggle in game so has to be done via nvidia control panel) desktop crashing with weapon debris enabled (how is this not fixed? lol) and let's not even start with the stretched ultra wide support.

From what I have seen online modders have already fixed these issue long before this release so why is an official patch doing a worse job than modders?

I hate using the "lazy" rhetoric but seriously, that's what this is quite frankly, people can say "well it's an old game and it's a free patch what do you expect?" well I can only speak for myself here when I say, I would take more pride in the work I do as a company, I am not blaming individual devs here, let me make that clear, I am blaming the corps for the lack of passion they mostly have for the games they put out and all I ever hear is excuses for it.

We have solo indie companies putting out updates years after release to improve things and listen to the community and yet a huge multi billion corp put stuff like this out?

Dec 5, 2017
Normally I'd agree, but considering the size of the modding community I think I do prefer having one version that is established as the "live" one. Otherwise you'd see some modders staying on version X/Y instead of adapting their mod for a new version, which unfortunately just fragments the whole scene.

It's not an optimal situation either way and offering different branches via the drop-down menu could probably work without too many complications within the mod scene, but I think it's a pill we need to swallow if we want better mod support.

(Impossible to say if this is Bethesda's reasoning however!)
This happens anyway. Skyrim has 2-3 major patch versions that mods get released for because so many people just downgrade their game. You go to Nexus and a download page will have the same mod listed 3 times, each one designed to work for a different patch. Adding a beta option just makes it easier.

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
Just played for a few hours on Series x. No issue and mods seems to be working well. Searching for mods on the console though is infuriating.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
I soured on the dialogue options when it came out and dropped it. Has anyone else in the same camp revisited it and have a change of heart?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
tried it quickly on a save i had and yeah, vats busted
i knew not liking to use vats would benefit me one day, ive been training for this all along

I soured on the dialogue options when it came out and dropped it. Has anyone else in the same camp revisited it and have a change of heart?

The only way to have a change of heart is to just not care about dialogue anymore because it doesnt get better and no mod makes it better, it just makes it less stupid (as in you can read the full lines instead of the mass effect wheel quips that sometimes have nothing to do with the full point)

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Are you talking about the dialog itself or that stupid-ass four-way tree that they made? Because that was one of the first things that got modded, even on console:

C2TevUtXAAIQfM_.png

Last edited:

JulianV

Apr 10, 2018
I hope they add in the near future the ability to select 1440p 60 on 4k displays. On my ps5 I just see performance on/off.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they add in the near future the ability to select 1440p 60 on 4k displays. On my ps5 I just see performance on/off.
It's a system-wide setting, you have to set it in the PS5's menus. I don't think any game will ever have it in its own menus. And it will only work if your TV supports 1440p input, because it will not upscale it to 4K before sending it, that's not how it works.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not able to get above 50fps on this game (PC) even with settings on low, 1440p, no mods, ENB disabled with a 3080? Task manager showing GPU and CPU aren't being utilized at all. Fans aren't making any noise. Does this have to do with the update?

JulianV

Apr 10, 2018
It's a system-wide setting, you have to set it in the PS5's menus. I don't think any game will ever have it in its own menus. And it will only work if your TV supports 1440p input, because it will not upscale it to 4K before sending it, that's not how it works.
mmm I'll have to check, thank you.

ZXXII

Mar 2, 2023
It's probably something to do with how separate SKUs work on Sony's platform--logically one set of the DLCs would be the ones previously available for PS4 owners, while the new entries are the ones compatible with both SKUs.

Huh, that's weird. On mine it noticeably drops to 30fps(could be less, idk).

I wonder if it's something to do with how on 1440p displays, it defaults/forces itself to run on 1440/60 with Ultra settings, so the Performance option doesn't do anything. Meanwhile on 4k displays(without 1440p output), Performance on/off works as intended.
On Xbox it's broken, on PS5 it's not (yes even at 4K output).

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
The load times (on series X) are what really makes this a good replay, everything else 4k/60, extra content is just gravy. I only ever did one play thru of this so i'm having a good time replaying with a radically different build.

Trigger