• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
:O never seen this fella before.. new random encounter ? He had ghouls chasing him and now he's mad that I killed them all

EDIT:

Although I kinda remember a sidequest regarding a similar incident at a faction...
E5yJiHo.png

Last edited:

BrownWalrus

Nov 2, 2017
Apparently there's a third option if you pick quality and force 1440P in the PlayStation system menus. You'll get UHD variable 60 with VRR.

Interesting. So instead of dynamic 4k with 60fps and standard settings you can get ultra settings at 1440p and stable 60fps? I might try that out. Sounds like it might be the best of both worlds.

Edit: Ah I see variable 60fps. TBH I'm not sure if performance mode as it is is stable 60fps either anyways.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Interesting. So instead of dynamic 4k with 60fps and standard settings you can get ultra settings at 1440p and stable 60fps? I might try that out. Sounds like it might be the best of both worlds.

Edit: Ah I see variable 60fps. TBH I'm not sure if performance mode as it is is stable 60fps either anyways.

Yeah performance mode is also variable. Seems pretty good, but I've noticed some hitches when the engine is loading a lot in or dealing with a lot of things going on around you.

Unfortunately don't have a VRR display here.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017

It's difficult to get 1440p on PS5 unless you're using a 1440p screen. Usually if it detects the screen being capable of 4k it won't let you use the option.

VibrantStorm

May 11, 2021
so i played one hour. the loading times are just unbearable...back to playing games that dont take 30+ seconds to load everytime you enter a new area

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
Im glad i had this installed when the update hit. I can still play with the old update with all the mods working. I kind of wish they just didnt update the PC version, cause now its the same situation as Skyrim. I haven't updated Skyrim since that since the big update when they also broke the Steam integration in it.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't turned my PC on since the update came out. Looking like I should probably stop the update (if possible) since I'm a gajillion hours in with a ton of mods added. Not trying to lose my progress.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I've put in 6hrs so far on XSX and everything seems to look good, play well, and be working like expected.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
no, i just bought the goty edition, no mods nothing, i only have m2 ssd's. the loading is honestly really bad
I'm having the same problem. Apparently it's a known issue for using certain SSDs. I haven't use it myself but there's a mod called Load Accelerator that helps but this new patch might have broken it.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
so i played one hour. the loading times are just unbearable...back to playing games that dont take 30+ seconds to load everytime you enter a new area

Having the same issue on PC, installed on an SSD. Some people are saying their load times are almost instant now on PC whereas pre patch they were terrible.

No idea what is going on

Do you have the high res texture DLC installed ?

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
Having the same issue on PC, installed on an SSD. Some people are saying their load times are almost instant now on PC whereas pre patch they were terrible.

No idea what is going on

I was curious about the high res textures dlc being the reason and I uninstalled it and now the load times are faster. Not sure if it's fixed completely but so far so good.

jwc13ac

Oct 30, 2017
So I updated on PC (gamepass version) and when I get to the title screen, no inputs work. Music plays, video moves, but gamepad, mouse, keyboard do absolutely nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

I have never played this game before, but I've never had this issues is the hundreds of games I play.

4070ti, 32g ram, 5800x3d, win 11.

I've uninstalled, rebooted, disconnected controller, and verified files. Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

VibrantStorm

May 11, 2021

No idea what is going on

Nop nothing. I haven't done anything weird to the game or installed anything else. It just sucks sin e i really did enjoy it but the loading time is really unacceptable for me

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Nop nothing. I haven't done anything weird to the game or installed anything else. It just sucks sin e i really did enjoy it but the loading time is really unacceptable for me

I installed this and it drastically improved my load times

www.nexusmods.com

Load Accelerator

Reduce the loading time by controlling vsync(fps) and CPU affinity at loading screen.This is expected to shorten the loading time under the SSD environment.(Under HDD environment does not

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
www.youtube.com

How to Tell if Your Settler is a Synth - Fallout 4

My Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/scotchandsmokerings - Mods Used: http://oxhorn.it/mods-used - My Fantasy Novel: http://www.cloranhastings.com/I broadcast liv...

steamcommunity.com

Help with Synth Settlers? :: Fallout 4 General Discussions

First off, I have a modification to my helmet that lets me see synthetic creatures/people. It makes them white with a purple haze. Robots (like Codsworth) will also appear this way. While managing my settlements, I came across a synth settler like here He has synth components on him. I've also...

EDIT

hmmm on series X the patch seems to have issues if your TV has auto HDR enabled. The frame rate was tanking and randomly exiting to dashboard in Boston around Harbormaster Hotel area, having disabling the auto HDR the frame rate issues resolved.

So basically..mods...which I am trying not to use. I haven't actually beaten the game yet xD

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
So basically..mods...which I am trying not to use. I haven't actually beaten the game yet xD

You don't need to use mods. But eventually there will come a time when it will be a settlement attack a spy will summon a mob and try to wipe out the settlers. Problem is.. if you suspect one is a spy and try to take them out the other settlers will think you are trying to take out one of their own and become hostile.

There is some serious issues with Boston area from faneuil Hall down to Harbormaster Hall.

Generally it sits on 119 in VRR mode, Series X
Hf7zXka.jpg

But I'm getting drops to..
8Oc5uZV.jpg

and fighting in that area

View: https://i.imgur.com/Nab5uNC.mp4

Last edited:

Lightus

Oct 25, 2017
Game got stuck on autosaving so I exited out and tried to close the game but now it's just stuck on "closing this game or app...". Guess I'm gonna have to walk up and unplug my ps5 and hope nothing gets corrupted

wolfshirt

Oct 28, 2017
Los Angeles
I'm playing Survival for my very first play through and fuck this shit is HARD. Like I was breezing through Elden Ring by comparison lmao.

Has anyone here completed the game on Survival or have any tips? Thanks

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Did they address the Series X version in regards to changing the game to and from Performance mode?

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I have completely forgotten that there is no brightness or gama settings in the game. Baffling that this has not been added yet

Last edited:

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing Survival for my very first play through and fuck this shit is HARD. Like I was breezing through Elden Ring by comparison lmao.

The first 5 hours or so are the hardest. After that you get ahead of the curve pretty fast and by the end it's fairly trivial. Some perks really shine in survival. Aquagirl for example. Water becomes a refuge and opens up a lot of pathways and shortcuts for travel. Similarly Local Leader helps turn settlements into connected safe places.

Are you playing on PC?

If so I recommend getting the Journey mod which allows you to fast travel between linked settlements.

I like everything about survival mode but having zero fast travel is just too brutal. This adds a little bit that you need to earn so I feel it works well in the context
Also this if it's an option. A few dozen hours in the survival mode starts to get a little tedious on this front, and this eases it back in a mode-friendly way and it's still gated behind the settlement mechanics.

Last edited:

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

Are you playing on PC?

If so I recommend getting the Journey mod which allows you to fast travel between linked settlements.

I like everything about survival mode but having zero fast travel is just too brutal. This adds a little bit that you need to earn so I feel it works well in the context

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Loading times are somehow a nightmare on this new version with high res textures on PC. Where it only took a couple of seconds to return to the Commonwealth before I'm seeing 30+ second waits. Gonna install the load accelerator mod and see what's up, because I really don't want to get rid of these nice textures

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Loading times are somehow a nightmare on this new version with high res textures on PC. Where it only took a couple of seconds to return to the Commonwealth before I'm seeing 30+ second waits. Gonna install the load accelerator mod and see what's up, because I really don't want to get rid of these nice textures

Honestly there is barely any difference with the HD textures, I would recommend just uninstalling the DLC to get faster load times and performance (and get 50 gig of drive space back)

This is pretty much the consensus of the FO4 community

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Honestly there is barely any difference with the HD textures, I would recommend just uninstalling the DLC to get faster load times and performance (and get 50 gig of drive space back)

This is pretty much the consensus of the FO4 community
I'll Second this. If you want better textures, there's plenty of options, especially when vanilla textures are pretty decent.

I'd recommend this to start as it cleans up the most offensive stuff.

www.nexusmods.com

Targeted Textures - Vanilla textures upscaled fixed and sized

Fixes numerous texture sizing, coloration and specular errors, with the help of AI upscaling and other sources from around the Nexus.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
How does this work? I've got auto-hdr enabled in Series X settings as well as HDR and Dolby Vision for gaming and it doesn't launch the HDR or Dolby vision mode on my LG CX when I launch the game.

Well...

Seems like you are correct my friend. I just ran these tests:

1- On Windows 11, Steam, Gamepass and GOG, game launches with Auto HDR

2- On Series X (Gamepass), game launches in SDR, even when Auto HDR is enabled system wide.

Weird

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
I'll Second this. If you want better textures, there's plenty of options, especially when vanilla textures are pretty decent.

I'd recommend this to start as it cleans up the most offensive stuff.

www.nexusmods.com

Targeted Textures - Vanilla textures upscaled fixed and sized

Fixes numerous texture sizing, coloration and specular errors, with the help of AI upscaling and other sources from around the Nexus.
Genuinely appreciated, thank you!!!