Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In only 2 months, the fate of the senate and Biden's first four years will be decided in what is projected to be the most expensive congressional race in history. Election season is not over yet.

Voter registration for Georgia ends December 7th!

Runoff Election 1: David Perdue (R) vs Jon Ossoff (D)
Ossoff_Perdue.jpg

Initial Results:
- David Perdue: 2,449,549
- Jon Ossoff: 2,351,593
- Shane Hazel: 113,782

Runoff Election 2: Kelly Loeffler (R) vs Raphael Warnock (D)
headshots_1604263690947.0.jpg

Initial Results:

- Republican Votes: 2,467,984
- Democrat Votes: 2,355,895
- Independent Votes: 108,627

What Can You Do?

With the margins in Georgia being as close as they were, every little thing you do can change the results of the election and decide the fate of the senate. This is going to be a very close race and every call and every dollar you donate will have a big impact. I know we just finished one election, but we need to work hard for the next two months to make these flips happen. Even though Biden won Georgia (most likely), the senate races went the other way, so we are underdogs going into this!

Donate and Volunteer:

Jon Osoff:

Donate: Here
Volunteer: Here

Raphael Warnock:

Grassroots Orgs:
- FairFight (Stacy Abrams)

- VoteFwd (Letter Writing)
Write One Today: Here

- GAPostcard (Send a post card)

- New Georgia Project (voter registration)

Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue:
Support: Here

Register People to Vote:

Share this link with everyone you know in Georgia, every vote will matter:
https://georgia.gov/register-to-vote

Request an Absentee Ballot here:

https://ballotrequest.sos.ga.gov

Get Hyped:

EmecgKOXUAEpSWC

Last edited:

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
jesus christ if we could just bury loeffler forever... fucking pandemic profiteer and consummate swamp creature consuming human misery for fuel

edit
you joke but clown school looks fun as hell

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
BOOTS ON THE GROUND

BOOTS ON THE GROUND

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain how there are two simultaneous Senate races going on at the same time?

I know that the second election is happening because one senator stepped down, but how does it turn into two 1v1 races instead of a "Here are the candidates, pick 2" kind of deal.

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain how there are two simultaneous Senate races going on at the same time?

I know that the second election is happening because one senator stepped down, but how does it turn into two 1v1 races instead of a "Here are the candidates, pick 2" kind of deal.
It's two separate elections with two separate sets of candidates that would normally be held apart. The state isn't going to introduce an all-new election format based on a fluke like this.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
We are going to have to do more than throw money at these races. Democratic Senatorial candidates were flush with cash, and that didn't really seem to matter on election night. Our only hope is Stacy Abrams' GOTV efforts and pray that, with Trump now no longer on the ballot, Trumpers are disinclined to show up at these runoff elections.

mikhailguy

Banned
Jun 20, 2019

in georgia, if no candidate gets 50 percent of the vote, they go to a runoff

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm horrified that my fellow Georgians are going to sleep on this runoff while the boomers come out in droves.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
How hopeful are you guys with this? I mean both the R candidates got more votes currently. Do you guys expect the two D candidates to somehow receive more votes in the runoff?

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How hopeful are you guys with this? I mean both the R candidates got more votes currently. Do you guys expect the two D candidates to somehow receive more votes in the runoff?

GOP does worse when Trump is not on the ticket, as seen by the blue wave in 2018.

So that alone should drag the race much closer.

Also in 2018, Stacy Abrams lost the governors race by only 55k. Much closer than the margins in these senate races. Since then she has registered over half a million new voters.

Basically the path to victory is that all these new dem voters turn out, meanwhile the Trump voters stay home since they care only about Trump and not the rest of the GOP.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get complacent! Fight is not over yet, let's get the senate, let's flip Georgia completely!

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for making this thread!

Just requested my absentee ballot in Georgia

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Register people to vote and check your registration status here:

georgia.gov

Vote in Runoff Elections

Runoff elections are held when no candidate wins the required majority of votes.

With the margins right now, this election will be so close that literally a few votes will decide the election.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm horrified that my fellow Georgians are going to sleep on this runoff while the boomers come out in droves.
Then let's fucking do something about it. We got time. Everyone needs to be donating and volunteering. This is for the whole ballgame folks. This is the difference between more Covid stimulus, whether we can get a public option, whether we do anything at all to address climate change, whether we admit dc & PR as states.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to add except that I'm glad this thread is here and wish it was pinned to the top of Etcetera.

Call everyone you know in Georgia and tell them the work isn't done yet. Donate what you can. A blue trifecta means this country can heal that much faster (and seeing Mitch McConnell powerless wouldn't hurt either).

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think there should be a countdown like there was for the general US election on top of the forum pages.
I think it'll help awareness.

Raticus79

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing to add except that I'm glad this thread is here and wish it was pinned to the top of Etcetera.

Call everyone you know in Georgia and tell them the work isn't done yet. Donate what you can. A blue trifecta means this country can heal that much faster (and seeing Mitch McConnell powerless wouldn't hurt either).

I agree, just made a request to see if it can be pinned.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Perfect fucking thread. I love the energy we have. if you need any help LifeLine let me know.

one suggestion it may be good to name Georgia in the OT title for extra visibility

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping the loser goes scorched Earth on the GOP and depresses turnout for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.