• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AdaWong

Nov 1, 2017
Raccoon City
Seems legit.
giphy.gif

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna download it because I'm always a "take one for the team" kinda guy.. and even as a retired cop, I still don't trust the FBI lol.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
It's to help you train for their SA PFT. I've taken it before, it's not the easiest test.

Last edited:

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why We're Fearful of Health and Fitness App Security

Health and fitness apps have changed the way we exercise, eat, and even sleep. Hundreds of thousands of these diverse apps exist — more than 165,000 at last count.

While these apps are serious about counting our calories, and tracking our sleep cycles, very few of them take security as seriously as they should. An incredible 90% of mobile health apps have seriously risky security vulnerabilities. Given the wealth of valuable health and personal information these apps can contain, this is troubling — the app that's smart enough to count users' steps, or remind them to take their blood pressure meds, may be leaving these users (and their personal information) vulnerable to hackers.

If that wasn't enough, a study from the Future of Privacy Forum found that only 60% of health and fitness apps had privacy policies; compared to 76% of general apps.

What implications does this have for those of us developing health and fitness apps for a loyal and trusting user base? Are we putting consumers in danger if they use our apps to keep a food log or monitor their REM sleep cycles? How can we keep our customers' information safe and private, while still offering top-notch digital tools for their fitness and wellbeing?

More at the link

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
Why We're Fearful of Health and Fitness App Security

Health and fitness apps have changed the way we exercise, eat, and even sleep. Hundreds of thousands of these diverse apps exist — more than 165,000 at last count.

While these apps are serious about counting our calories, and tracking our sleep cycles, very few of them take security as seriously as they should. An incredible 90% of mobile health apps have seriously risky security vulnerabilities. Given the wealth of valuable health and personal information these apps can contain, this is troubling — the app that's smart enough to count users' steps, or remind them to take their blood pressure meds, may be leaving these users (and their personal information) vulnerable to hackers.

If that wasn't enough, a study from the Future of Privacy Forum found that only 60% of health and fitness apps had privacy policies; compared to 76% of general apps.

What implications does this have for those of us developing health and fitness apps for a loyal and trusting user base? Are we putting consumers in danger if they use our apps to keep a food log or monitor their REM sleep cycles? How can we keep our customers' information safe and private, while still offering top-notch digital tools for their fitness and wellbeing?

More at the link

This. A hundred times this.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Baby stuff. They should have released an AR game like Pokemon GO, get de facto access to goddamn everything.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Reminds me of that thread on here requesting everyone to submit their DNA to police records.
I remember that thread, was some crazy shit to say the least.

NSA/CSS @NSAGov

Looking to #recharge? Stop by and #plugin at our #phonecharging station. #NSA Booth 1753 #RSAC

4:15 PM - Mar 5, 2019

d07dcjswsaisihhxjk24.jpg

What great and generous people the NSA are, allowing people to charge their phones for free and asking for nothing in return.