• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mechashiva

Jan 7, 2018
Easy. 99.999% of gun owners aren't out to harm anyone. The shootings are tragic, but you're about as likely to get struck by lightning than to be caught in a shooting.
Aside from the wildly made up stat there's so many gun owners that are waiting for that "make my day" hero moment it makes them dangerous. So maybe a lot aren't active shooter types but they are shoot someone who knocked on the wrong door when they're running away types and that makes them dangerous.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
So she already had the FBI's attention but was still able to just casually stroll into a store and buy a gun?

sigh

Even right now there is no probable cause for an arrest.
If she is found they will do a mental evaluation on her....assuming she passes they will probably actually let her go still.
Unless im mistaken the "threats" she made were verbal (so basically hearsay) and while her web page is disturbing it points more to a severely depressed person than someone who the police can arrest.

IF she legally obtained the firearm she'll even be allowed to keep it.

Im sure theres more to the investigation they are still keeping but from whats available its not yet enough for an arrest.

US laws can be trippy sometimes.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Picture wasnt in the OP.
D4UYOkkW4AEVinx.jpg:large

Always good to post pics in case someone is in the area and might actually see her.

Having said that, this "18 year old" looks like she's 30. I could see people missing her just because they're looking for someone that looks like they're in High School.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Always good to post pics in case someone is in the area and might actually see her.

Having said that, this "18 year old" looks like she's 30. I could see people missing her just because they're looking for someone that looks like they're in High School.
No joke, when I first saw her pictures, I thought she was like 40! lol

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
My point is that there being so many gun owners in the US, along with getting shot isn't a logical fear in terms of being scared to live in the country. And yes, over 99% of gun owners are not out to commit a crime with the weapon. That isn't made up. You are far more likely to get killed in a car crash than get shot. That is not made up.

I'm not trying to downplay gun violence, but the post about how can anyone live in the US was hyperbolic nonsense.

You are trying to downplay gun violence though? You're effectively saying that the saturation of deadly weapons in the country isn't a big worry "because those people didn't set out to commit a crime when they purchased their weapon".

Do you think the parents of the Columbine shooters set out to commit crimes when they purchased their weapons? It's not about the intent at the time of purchase, it's about the immediate availability to those who are capable of harm, which is literally every single human that owns a weapon.

Also, let's not say "you're more likely to blah". What aboutism doesn't really have a home here in this discussion, because you're taking things that include accidental / unavoidable deaths, to deaths that are 100% the result of choices made by humans to purchase a machine designed to take life with no alternative functions. Yes, the idea that living in the US is a warzone is hyperbolic, but we shouldn't respond with equally hyperbolic terms to diminish the very real impact gun culture has had on our country, particularly when it's combined with poverty and the war on drugs.

Also, before I get lectured about weapons at all, I served in the US Army for 12 years, have lived very closely with weapons, and have a firm belief that all you need is a single handgun and a single, bolt action rifle as a civilian. If you're worried about defending yourself from the Government, that time has come and gone, those roots run deeper than weapons (IRS, infrastructure, utility service, technology, etc).

Civilian ownership of weapons is stupid full stop beyond a reasonable point, and America is so, so, so far beyond reasonable.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
You are trying to downplay gun violence though? You're effectively saying that the saturation of deadly weapons in the country isn't a big worry "because those people didn't set out to commit a crime when they purchased their weapon".

Do you think the parents of the Columbine shooters set out to commit crimes when they purchased their weapons? It's not about the intent at the time of purchase, it's about the immediate availability to those who are capable of harm, which is literally every single human that owns a weapon.

Also, let's not say "you're more likely to blah". What aboutism doesn't really have a home here in this discussion, because you're taking things that include accidental / unavoidable deaths, to deaths that are 100% the result of choices made by humans to purchase a machine designed to take life with no alternative functions. Also, before I get lectured about weapons at all, I served in the US Army for 12 years, have lived very closely with weapons, and have a firm belief that all you need is a single handgun and a single, bolt action rifle as a civilian. If you're worried about defending yourself from the Government, that time has come and gone, those roots run deeper than weapons (IRS, infrastructure, utility service, technology, etc).

Civilian ownership of weapons is stupid full stop beyond a reasonable point, and America is so, so, so far beyond reasonable.
My post was in response to someone asking how anyone can live in the US. I'm not downplaying gun violence, or saying laws shouldn't chance in many states, etc.. My point was some folks seem to think the US is like one giant shootout at the OK Corral, when it's obviously not.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
This is fucked up. It should be hard to get to carry a weapon and you should loose that right if you're all about mass murderers being cool.

What the shit guys, this is asking for a tragedy to happen.

Freely carrying a weapon around does take some effort.

She's not legally "carrying it around", but getting it was easy.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
So I am confused, so she is obsessed with the shooters? Like believes in their cause or something?

I think it's the same thing that happens when serial killers and mass murderers have those crazy-ass women who fall in love with them. Like Manson or Ted Bundy. But the fact that she wasn't even alive when Columbine happened and is apparently obsessed with it is insane to me.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
She wasn't even alive when Columbine happened. It's crazy how school shooters and serial killers get fanboys/fangirls.
I think in some ways that probably even makes it easier? Just guessing but I think not even being alive when it happened would make you more detached from the reality of what happened.

Oct 29, 2017
In Colorado you need proof of residence in the state and a background check to get a gun. Imo, it's still too easy to get one, but i don't think someone who lives in Florida can legally buy one in CO. Someone messed up, unless I'm misreading this situation

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
If I am out looking for an 18 year old, I would walk RIGHT by her.

It's crazy that I had a harder time buying weed, than she had buying a damn shotgun.

reaganstein

Dec 13, 2017
My post was in response to someone asking how anyone can live in the US. I'm not downplaying gun violence, or saying laws shouldn't chance in many states, etc.. My point was some folks seem to think the US is like one giant shootout at the OK Corral, when it's obviously not.

The US has more mass shootings than days in the year. It may not be "OK Corral" but the shear number of shootings/deaths is staggering compared to the rest of the world, combined.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It's amazing the celebrity status these mass killers gain. I can tell you as much about Ted Bundy as I can about the Rolling Stones. I know more about the Columbine shooters than I do about most major bands and movie stars from the 90s.

It's such immense motivation for a desperate individual to commit a crime like this, when you can go from being some awkward loner who has never been desired by anyone to an international star who everyone has an opinion on. As the role of social contact in our society continues to decay, trading one's soul for this spotlight is all too appealing.

We need to start addressing this rot at it's source.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I think it's the same thing that happens when serial killers and mass murderers have those crazy-ass women who fall in love with them. Like Manson or Ted Bundy. But the fact that she wasn't even alive when Columbine happened and is apparently obsessed with it is insane to me.
people are fucking crazy... thank you for the clarification! I hope they find her asap

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
This happens a lot with murderers. Ted Bundy, the Menendez Brothers, Charles Manson, the Boston Marathon bombers, etc all had groupies who were completely infatuated with them and their actions.

I forget what it's called, but I believe there actually is a term in psychology for people who are attracted to murderers/killers.

*edit - Ah, here it is: Hybristophilia, or "Bonnie and Clyde" syndrome.

I've learned something new thanks to this. It's absurd how many women are infatuated with these piece of crap people and having specials on Netflix/documentaries about them only makes them grow more.
The new Ted Bundy movie will be played by Zac Efron ffs

I watch these things but I still come to the conclusion of fuck those people.

I hope this psycho gets caught, crazy that she wasn't even alive when Columbine happened.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
So, are they gonna be able to take the gun away if they find her?

Depends. Is she in a friends home or a place she's legally allowed to be? (highly unlikely, but that's one of the few ways they couldn't bother her)

You can't just be wandering around on other people's property with a gun. She can't be carrying a shotgun up and down the street on foot.

Open carry is permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, gun shows, or while target shooting at a gun range, and while going to and from such activities.

She'd have to prove she is doing one of the above, and she'd have to have the license to do half of those in order to prove she's actually doing them. At best, she'd have to claim camping, but I'm sure they'd follow her everywhere after that, and she'd actually have to be somewhere you can legally "camp".

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Certain women falling in love/being attracted to mass shooters and serial killers is such a fucked up phenomenon. You see it happen with nearly every high profile killer, they get a not- insignificant circle of girls fawning over them. I'm always interested in studies done on it. Shit needs to stop.

Pila

Oct 31, 2017
Depends. Is she in a friends home or a place she's legally allowed to be? (highly unlikely, but that's one of the few ways they couldn't bother her)

You can't just be wandering around on other people's property with a gun. She can't be carrying a shotgun up and down the street on foot.

Open carry is permitted while hunting, fishing, camping, gun shows, or while target shooting at a gun range, and while going to and from such activities.

She'd have to prove she is doing one of the above, and she'd have to have the license to do half of those in order to prove she's actually doing them. At best, she'd have to claim camping, but I'm sure they'd follow her everywhere after that, and she'd actually have to be somewhere you can legally "camp".

Thanks for your reply. Well I think you should loose all your gun rights when you post online stuff about murder. Thanks for the details about how it works.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
The most shocking thing about this to me is the mere fact that we are talking about a female here. That is certainly not all that common. I hope they catch up to her before anything potentially happens.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I find her motivation staggering, especially at 18.

Like, at 18, I could barely be bothered to clean my room, and here she is going all the way from Florida to Denver, buying a gun, etc. Like, what/how/why motivates her to do that? It can't be just "infatuated with Columbine". It just doesn't make sense.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Oh, and I have some friends in the Denver area who are trying to explain to their sub-10 year old kids the reason why they have to stay home from school. How fucked up is that?

Oct 29, 2017
Let's hope no one dies but if it happens I already know too many people will shrug and say variations of "What can you do?". Well I don't know, maybe make buying guns more difficult than buying a pack of fucking socks.

Really all that needs to be said. If we continue to insist that we want a society where anyone can have any gun they want at any time, no questions asked, this is the tradeoff. It is that simple.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Oct 27, 2017
Naked and running through the woods with a shotgun. Must have been a sight to behold for that jogger. Absolutely nuts

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Not just murderers but any "hot guy" in/out of prison really. It's a thing that a lot of women are attracted to.

Yup, that's Jeremy Meeks "hottest mugshot" guy is a pos buy they gave him a modeling career. Sure he didn't murder anyone but social media gave him the help to be recognized.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, that's Jeremy Meeks "hottest mugshot" guy is a pos buy they gave him a modeling career. Sure he didn't murder anyone but social media gave him the help to be recognized.

Definitely. I mean, perhaps he was a shitty guy back then but nowadays he's making a name for himself too. He has tons of brand deals, has a family and is married to a multi billionaire's daughter. Dude is set. He was a favorite of my gf lol

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, I prefer the safety of others over hers but I was hoping shed come out alive and get the help.
Close call though, seems like she would've done anything to accomplish her task.
Wtf 😱

Edit:. From the article:

A woman who was hiking in the area in the morning told CBS4 she was told to leave the area because "a naked woman matching the description with a gun was spotted in the area running through the woods."

Very weird.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I'm relieved she never carried out any sort of attack, but it's tragic how this ended. She was clearly not well and probably never got the help she needed. I just read an article with a quote from her father saying "I think maybe she's got a mental problem".

This is her website: https://dissolvedgirl.neocities.org/

Everything about her is like a relic of the late '90s.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I'm relieved she never carried out any sort of attack, but it's tragic how this ended. She was clearly not well and probably never got the help she needed. I just read an article with a quote from her father saying "I think maybe she's got a mental problem".
Maybe? You think, Dad?

Jeez.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

Whew, her writings. She was mentally completely shot. BPD, Bi-Polar, Depression, etc....one could probably diagnose her with a lot of things from her stuff.

She needed to be in a hospital a long time ago.

One month "...i feel below everybody else in this life. i feel like nothing, like dust, living in this world...."

A few months later "... i feel above everybody else, i feel like the only one who isn't blind to everything..."

Last edited:

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

Neocities?

long_time_star_wars.gif

edit: I was thinking Geocities