• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.9news.com/article/news/...oting/73-f94038bc-4372-40e2-9027-8d286162ceec

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Colorado — Colorado police agencies are continuing their search for an "armed and dangerous" woman who has expressed infatuation with the Columbine school shooting, according to FBI Denver Special Agent in Charge Dean Phillips.

Sol Pais, 18, of Florida, is accused of making a threat against the Denver metropolitan area that prompted lockouts at multiple Colorado schools on Tuesday.

Law enforcement in Denver were first alerted to Pais on Tuesday morning from the FBI office in Miami. The Denver FBI office then started assessing the threat and determined it was credible.

"She departed the airport and went to a store where she did procure a weapon," Phillips said. "She obtained a pump-action shotgun and ammunition. She was then taken to an area where she was last seen out towards the foothills and we've been trying to find her ever since."

This is fucking crazy, hope they find her soon, the anniversary is on Saturday.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I remember seeing people lionize the Columbine shooters on Tumblr. people are fucked up

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
The caziest part about the story is this:

"She departed the airport and went to a store where she did procure a weapon," Phillips said. "She obtained a pump-action shotgun and ammunition.
Let's hope no one dies but if it happens I already know too many people will shrug and say variations of "What can you do?". Well I don't know, maybe make buying guns more difficult than buying a pack of fucking socks.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
How sick in the head do you have to be in glorify such a horrific tragedy in history?

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
The caziest part about the story is this:

Let's hope no one dies but if it happens I already know too many people will shrug and say variations of "What can you do?". Well I don't know, maybe make buying guns more difficult than buying a pack of fucking socks.

Yep, and as a reminder for the thread. Harris and Klebold secured many of their guns, the most impactful ones if I remember (need to read Cullen's book again, it's an important one), through the gun show loophole.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
How sick in the head do you have to be in glorify such a horrific tragedy in history?
it's fucking weird how many people consider the two shooters to be heroes. There was a woman named Lynn Ann who was utterly obsessed with Eric Harris.
I'm hoping this woman is caught before anything seriously horrible happens.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
"She obtained a pump-action shotgun"
This made me chuckle for how fucked the US are. Goddamn.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
it's a sad fact that people like Harris and Klebold have been martyred.

and this person is 18, wasn't even alive when the event occurred
I remember seeing people lionize the Columbine shooters on Tumblr. people are fucked up

This happens a lot with murderers. Ted Bundy, the Menendez Brothers, Charles Manson, the Boston Marathon bombers, etc all had groupies who were completely infatuated with them and their actions.

I forget what it's called, but I believe there actually is a term in psychology for people who are attracted to murderers/killers.

*edit - Ah, here it is: Hybristophilia, or "Bonnie and Clyde" syndrome.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucked up. I feel like I am going to vomit.

Hopefully they catch her and nothing actually happens. I hope anyone else reading this in Denver/Littleton stays home and stays safe tomorrow.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't know how people can live in the US. It's literally infested with guns, and there's no way to get rid of them.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
it's a sad fact that people like Harris and Klebold have been martyred.

and this person is 18, wasn't even alive when the event occurred

It's also sad people never gave them both the help they desperately needed and just thought they were both weirdos who shot a school to pieces even now.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
What the heck?
Atleast it seems the FBI is on top of things and can stop anything from happening.

Just a mental breakdown that hopefully leads to nothing.
Shes only 18....damn US you crazy.

Also, is this why they always say dont let the media glorify perpetrators of mass shootings because them getting attention may lead to copycats who think they will get attention.
Or people just get obsessed with the shooters.

Picture wasnt in the OP.
D4UYOkkW4AEVinx.jpg:large

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know how people can live in the US. It's literally infested with guns, and there's no way to get rid of them.
It's not the wild west everywhere. I live in New Jersey and I have never seen a gun in the wild that didn't belong to a cop. Gun culture is very different from state to state.

OP
OP
Typhon

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the wild west everywhere. I live in New Jersey and I have never seen a gun in the wild that didn't belong to a cop. Gun culture is very different from state to state.

Hell, I live in Nebraska, people around here hunt all the time. Yet I can't think of the last time I saw a gun that wasn't on a cop.

Haribo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This girl bought a flight to Denver and a shotgun like she was buying Skittles from the 7-11

we are so fucked y'all its crazy

Oct 25, 2017
What the heck?
Atleast it seems the FBI is on top of things and can stop anything from happening.

Just a mental breakdown that hopefully leads to nothing.
Shes only 18....damn US you crazy.

Also, is this why they always say dont let the media glorify perpetrators of mass shootings because them getting attention may lead to copycats who think they will get attention.
Or people just get obsessed with the shooters.
I always have blamed the media exactly for what you said.

Focus on the victims, don't run in-depth background stories of the lives of the scumbags.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
they had a friend buy them if I remember right? the person even got prosecuted and spent time in jail for it
I'm not too familiar with Columbine, but I looked for some info. There were 4 guns; a handgun, a shotgun and 2 rilfes, purchased at gun shows as private sales. Their gun range friend was charged with selling that handgun to a minor. The 3 other guns were "gifted" to them by another friend, so not illegal.

The gunshow loophole is really a private gun sales loophole.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"She departed the airport and went to a store where she did procure a weapon," Phillips said. "She obtained a pump-action shotgun and ammunition.
If only there was a way to stop people from procuring weapons this easily.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Many school around Denver are closed down today because of this. The news is reporting that even if she's caught the best they can hold her for is for investigative questioning. Unless she admits she's out for blood, or some other illegal act, they can't charge her with anything. This is according to ex FBI and ATF agents on CNN.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The casual purchase of a shotgun is fucked up. I hope they catch her in time

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This story is so absurd it sounds like farce, yet still our politicians won't do shit about gun control.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So she already had the FBI's attention but was still able to just casually stroll into a store and buy a gun?

sigh

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This story is so absurd it sounds like farce, yet still our politicians won't do shit about gun control.

Actually, our governor is pushing for more gun control. He just signed off on the "red flag" law that keeps guns away from people deemed to be a threat to themselves or others. But yes, that's true federally.

Getting an alert yesterday that my son's daycare was on lockdown because of this scared the hell out of me.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, our governor is pushing for more gun control. He just signed off on the "red flag" law that keeps guns away from people deemed to be a threat to themselves or others. But yes, that's true federally.

Getting an alert yesterday that my son's daycare was on lockdown because of this scared the hell out of me.
That's good that they're doing things locally. The threats to kids can be scary, my nephew out in the Midwest had his daycare on lockdown too due to a shooting down the street.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Easy. 99.999% of gun owners aren't out to harm anyone. The shootings are tragic, but you're about as likely to get struck by lightning than to be caught in a shooting.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Wild that it's harder to get a passport in America than a fucking pump action shotgun.

Or that you can literally be on the FBIs radar...but still purchase a fucking pump action shotgun.

"Thoughts and prayers"...this fucking country man.

Easy. 99.999% of gun owners aren't out to harm anyone. The shootings are tragic, but you're about as likely to get struck by lightning than to be caught in a shooting.

All of the statistics you provided here are made up. Please don't do this.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
All of the statistics you provided here are made up. Please don't do this.
My point is that there being so many gun owners in the US, along with getting shot isn't a logical fear in terms of being scared to live in the country. And yes, over 99% of gun owners are not out to commit a crime with the weapon. That isn't made up. You are far more likely to get killed in a car crash than get shot. That is not made up.

I'm not trying to downplay gun violence, but the post about how can anyone live in the US was hyperbolic nonsense.

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
So I am confused, so she is obsessed with the shooters? Like believes in their cause or something?