• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can you read about a human struggling through fetal alcohol syndrome, extreme levels of abuse, rape and torture and decide she's not an "actual victim" ?
The Death Penalty is disrespectful toward humanity as a whole.

I didn't claim that. She was a victim that turned into a murderer, so now they're the victims. Murdering innocents is one of the most if not the most inhumane thing you can do, so there's not much humanity left in there.

Ragnar

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't claim that. She was a victim that turned into a murderer, so now they're the victims. Murdering innocents is one of the most if not the most inhumane thing you can do, so there's not much humanity left in there.
People can be both. The world is complex enough for it.

For the longest time I thought of myself only as a victim of bullying as a child. Which I was. For the better part of 10 years. But as I've grown older I've had to reconcile myself with the fact that I could also be an asshole to others back then. For the longest time my brain couldn't process the reality of me being both.

Last edited:

deadbass

Oct 27, 2017

it was wrong to put Corey Johnson to death, and it was wrong to put Lisa Montgomery to death. the death penalty is monstrous.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I don't think her horrible act erases her victimhood. Tragedy all around- I don't see how more tragedy and death and less empathy heals, here.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People can be both. The world is complex enough for it.

For the longest time I thought of myself only as a victim of bullying as a child. Which I was. For the better part of 10 years. But as I've grown older I've had to reconcile myself with the fact that I could also be an asshole to others back then. For the longest time my brain couldn't process the reality of me being both.

Few things in life are completely black and white. She still crossed the line of humanity and isn't the person who's going to prove that the death penalty is wrong.

I don't think her horrible act erases her victimhood. Tragedy all around- I don't see how more tragedy and death and less empathy heals, here.

Nothing is going to heal, her victims are dead and their loved ones are going to carry that with them for the rest of their lives. I get sad just imagining myself in their shoes.