• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalmakov

user requested ban
Banned
Sep 10, 2019
Well, a new Hunting Grounds trailer came out today for State of Play and they showed off a new female Predator design. Cool, right?

Wrong. Why? Because female Predators in novelisations are so much damn cooler. This tweet sums it up.

Female Predators are so damn huge and buff that they emmasculate male Predators and make them insecure. Why didn't we get that?

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
OP and that Twitter user might be the only two people on earth to notice this. Kudos.

Unless they're the same person.

Calvinien

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Can we talk about how bad that character design is?

"We want to have a female predator"
'Were the other ones male? I never really thought about predator gender before'
'Yes, they were male. So I'm thinking this one will look just lie them but just have giant tits,'

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know I was missing out on giant lady predator but yeah now knowing that that sucks

We need more physically larger women in games thanks

Deleted member 22901

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know anything about predator lore but I support you completely OP. the predator lady should be big and scary!!

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
Because non-cannonical novelisation of the Aliens vs Predator comic. If they ever showed up in a movie maybe things would be different. Hell this is the first i've even heard of the book. It does sound cool however.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
for the record i would be pro buff predator but it says right there "non-canonical" lol

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has read a lot of Predator books, I'm also irritated. Felt the same way as how they did Bernie in Gears of War. She was supposed to be as big as a Boomer, but they turned her into a skinny witch instead. I wanted a truck!

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's a pretty lazy design revision, but as the tweet specifies - the other take on female Predators is non-canonical. I wouldn't even expect the dev team to know about them.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Can we talk about how bad that character design is?

"We want to have a female predator"
'Were the other ones male? I never really thought about predator gender before'
'Yes, they were male. So I'm thinking this one will look just lie them but just have giant tits,'
I almost expected them to add eyelashes and a red bow.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Okay wait

Is that "lady predator" in the tweet real? With the sexy midriff, narrow waist and boobie armour?

Please tell me this is satire...

Last edited:

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Never knew that about female predator, pretty cool. They'll fix it as long as it doesn't ruin the gameplay which it shouldn't, maybe stealth stuff? Fans just have to make enough noise.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That design is so bad holy shit. And I guess they didn't put the other Female Predador design because insecurity is a trait male Predators and gamers share...

Deleted member 50454

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 5, 2018
Female Predator with mask off:

Greta-gremlins-33862355-2402-3282.jpg

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Well to be fair the male predator pretty much wear the same thing, it's just as stupid.
It's basically just a gender swapped Predator if you look closer.

Predator's armor design always feels a bit weird & sexual to me, this one even have a tine dick armor plate...yeah I wish I can unseen that.

11769944-9814585164749187.jpg

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If it HAD to have breasts, they should have done some weird and unique thing because I don't see the Predators as mammals.