• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I see quick pick up and play battle royale games, or titles like Rocket League with massive casual appeal just knocking it out of the park on Switch. Cross play would be great too.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I don't know why there's anything about the Switch that would make this any more true than another platform. The Switch's unique traits don't really do anything for massive online games.

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
The voice chat issues on the switch will hold it back for big multiplayer releases. I hope that is something Nintendo continues to refine as they launch their online service this fall.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super Smash Royale where Mario is blowing Peaches brains out as Bowser shanks Toad from behind. Also you eat mushrooms.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's undeniable it has great portable potential with it's quick pick up and play action and mass appeal imo

We shall see

Nah, it's not when you're depending on a hotspot or shitty public WiFi. I think the people who play online multiplayer on their Switch when they're out in about is probably a very small group of people.

deep_dish

Oct 25, 2017
Star Fox!

Dog fights, vehicles, cartoon weapons, goofy characters, shrinking the map from space to land....

Or just put Fortnite on the thing and make millions.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I can't see any particularly strong connection between Switch owners and people who enjoy Battle Royale games. Are you just saying Battle Royale games are popular and the Switch is popular? Sure.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Fortnite. Surprised it hasnt been announced already, actually. I mean, surely with Mobile its part of their roadmap?

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, having to use a smart phone to play a battle royal game online and chat, is going to be really popular.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
However, do know that whoever makes a BR game for Switch would need to take full advantage of whatever Switch online may be. Its going to be interesting to see how Switch handles 100 players.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Why? What makes the Switch special?

It's hugely popular everywhere you can play it.

My interpretation of the opening was "it's popular everywhere, so the first to bother to do it on the Switch will make a lot of money based on zero competition"

I didn't interpret it as the Switch making something blow up. I could be wrong though.

OP
OP

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the OP post is just stating the obvious

but I personally can't wait to get into this subgenre on portable as it's the only time I have during the day

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Yeah, having to use a smart phone to play a battle royal game online and chat, is going to be really popular.
This is a good point. Nintendo has such a bad online service, especially compared to PS4/Xbox/PC. Why would anyone who had the option to play on multiple platforms choose Switch unless going on vacation? I feel like it would mainly appeal to people who only own Nintendo products.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I can't even imagine how bad it'd be in a 100 player game with 99% using wifi (and I bet they'll do it in parts of their house with bad signal too)

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
There isn't much to discuss here. Especially with a barebones OP.

As per the FAQ, please take note of this rule for future threads.

Show some effort: It's wonderful that you want to start a discussion, but being the Original Poster carries some responsibility to start things off on the right foot. If you're going to create a thread, try to include more content and care than one or two short sentences. Consider whether the thread will generate good discussion, and scrutinize any sources you decide to cite. Try not to create new threads based on tweets, jokes, conspiracy theories, poor sources or yes/no questions. Consistently low quality threads may lead to your thread making privileges being revoked.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/general-faq.9777/

Status
Not open for further replies.