• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Miles Morales/Spider-Man or Static Shock - who do you think will win?

• Miles Morales/Spider-Man

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • Static Shock

Votes: 31 50.0%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed at the end of the latest DBC episode which was shown live and will be released tomorrow. The first episode of Season 7 will be Miles Morales aka Spider-Man vs Static Shock from DC Comics.

Miles Morales:

tenor.gif

vs

Static Shock

f5b7d9a0183a7d9111f51f2e9365e755.gif

Who do you think will win this fight?

Ometeotl

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they just grabbed two heroes known for being high school age and black.

Not a good look

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
His name is Static, not Static Shock.

Corrected the title, don't white wash Milestone like that.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I dont recall Static ever having his own *Uses latent super strong power that he won't have control of until he's older/trained* moment like other teen heroes do

Miles gonna win because Death Battle is all about using fringe powers to prove that one will win

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I dont recall Static ever having his own *Uses latent super strong power that he won't have control of until he's older/trained* moment like other teen heroes do

Miles gonna win because Death Battle is all about using fringe powers to prove that one will win
if they actually read the comics, Static would mudstump miles. Static is more Magneto than he is Electro. Miles wouldn't get close to him

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually not super familiar with Static aside from watching the show when I was young. This one seems like a toss up though. Want to give it to Miles because of the being super strong thing

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
If being a black guy in a geek community has taught me anything. It's that white people pair black people together BECAUSE THE ARE BLACK alot.
I mean fair enough but at the same time i don't think that's the main reason why DB paired these two charcters. Mind you, there's only been 4 Black Charcters in DB outside of this fight - Balrog,TJ Combo, Black Panther,Afro Samurai. Balrog and TJ were paired together,Black Panther fought Batman and Afro Samurai fought Samurai Jack

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
See, I feel like it comes down to how much they take Bendis' absurd Venom Sting feats at face value. Every other writer, including Miles' current writer Saladin Ahmed, wrote it as a reasonable power that just temporary stuns an enemy; but Bendis always took it to such absurd extremes.

With that said, Miles straight up has the strength and durability edge over Virgil.

Why'd they pit these two against each other...?

On paper they were both created to make a "modernized" spin on the Spider-Man archetype. And they're both black.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know much about Static's abilities other than stuff shown on the show, but I still think that he'd be able to win. Shout out to older punished Static in Justice League Unlimited, that episode had him and Terry in it and it was amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
The easy answer is that they both have electricity and there's no one else on the Marvel side that really has those unless you want to have Static fight Electro for some reason.

The better question is why do people really like giving black superheroes electricity powers

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Static of course. Static's powers are way over what Miles can do. But not sure why these two need to fight.

Oct 25, 2017
See, I feel like it comes down to how much they take Bendis' absurd Venom Sting feats at face value. Every other writer, including Miles' current writer Saladin Ahmed, wrote it as a reasonable power that just temporary stuns an enemy; but Bendis always took it to such absurd extremes.

Yeah, Bendis really liked having that Venom Sting fuck people up.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
The easy answer is that they both have electricity and there's no one else on the Marvel side that really has those unless you want to have Static fight Electro for some reason.

The better question is why do people really like giving black superheroes electricity powers
I will say this. Static is what would happen if Magneto and Black Lightning were meshed together power wise.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
ZX3XD5U.png

Peter and Miles can handle Electro. I don't see why Miles would have trouble with Static. Even if Static can absorb electricity, a punch from Miles would turn him into goo.

Aug 13, 2019
If Static gets feats from Static Shock, then he has an absurd list of powers and feats including outrunning The Flash and enhancing his strength (somehow) to carry a helicopter.
He ain't physically lifting them nor is he durable like Miles. He is a dead man if he is punched.
Magneto doesn't physically lift any cars or bridges either. It doesn't stop him from being one of the most powerful threats in Marvel. Not that I'm saying Static is even close to Magneto's level or anything.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What is with comic writers and giving black characters electricity powers? My roommate pointed it out to me when Black Lightning first came out on the CW and it's like impossible not to notice now.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Why'd they pit these two against each other...?
It feels like they just grabbed two heroes known for being high school age and black.

Not a good look

Yeah I started to get a feel that their picks started to become rather arbitrary after a while. The straw that broke it for me was Zoro vs Erza. "They both use swords in their respective shows!" and then focused on such the weirdest specifics to justify their choices. (This coming from someone who knew Zoro would win that one too)

Zoro is a swordsman trained as one. Erza is a magic user who's many forms just so happen to have a lot of swords.

Zoro would have been better matched up against someone from Bleach, if they were going to pick another mainstream shonen (I'd have picked Kenpachi, based on how both fought)

Erza would have been better pitted against someone like Shirou from FSN.

As for who would win this one, I'm more familiar with Static (albeit, barely), so I'll put my money on him.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Should've been Ms. Marvel. Two minority high-school-age superheroes from small towns with similar origins (powers randomly gained from exposure to a mysterious gas).

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah I started to get a feel that their picks started to become rather arbitrary after a while. The straw that broke it for me was Zoro vs Erza. "They both use swords in their respective shows!" and then focused on such the weirdest specifics to justify their choices. (This coming from someone who knew Zoro would win that one too)

Zoro is a swordsman trained as one. Erza is a magic user who's many forms just so happen to have a lot of swords.

Zoro would have been better matched up against someone from Bleach, if they were going to pick another mainstream shonen (I'd have picked Kenpachi, based on how both fought)

Erza would have been better pitted against someone like Shirou from FSN.

As for who would win this one, I'm more familiar with Static (albeit, barely), so I'll put my money on him.
Or you know Saber who is her most requested matchup besides Zoro.

Also this pretty much confirms that

Beerus
Crona
Sindel
Danny Phantom
Obi Wan Kenboi

Are appearing next season and considering the research team really like this matchup. Get prepared for Obi Wan vs Kakashi:

ddmfesg-0c21043c-c0b0-4770-a8e8-59465ec8d588.jpg

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just like in most Death Battles whichever character is older and has had more shit written about them wins.

So I guess Static wins.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Or you know Saber who is her most requested matchup besides Zoro.

I wasn't aware that was actually requested. I'd actually not want that match up, since Saber is....well....a swordswoman. Shirou is a mage who happens to use swords (or his reinforcement magic is a better match up to someone who's main magic is swapping different armor types around). But that's just my read on it. If a Saber/Erza fight DOES happen, it'd be more even then Zoro for sure.

Also this pretty much confirms that

Beerus
Crona
Sindel
Danny Phantom
Obi Wan Kenboi

Are appearing next season and considering the research team really like this matchup. Get prepared for Obi Wan vs Kakashi:

ddmfesg-0c21043c-c0b0-4770-a8e8-59465ec8d588.jpg

LOL.