• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can't post scans at the moment but the official reveal is coming the 17th.

Anyway for the first time since 2006's Kamen Rider Kabuto, the new Rider, Zero-One, is unambiguously based on an insect...a Grasshopper in fact hearkening back to the original Rider #1.

But that's not all as also among the initial Riders is a female tertiary Rider, Kamen Rider Valkyrie. There have been a smattering of female Riders over the years but this is the first time one has seemingly been one of the central Riders, and not a later addition or kitbash.

Finally, this Kamen Rider is also bringing with him a big Mammoth-based Mecha. There have been persistent rumors of Rider's sister series, Super Sentai, taking a break due to low ratings and toy sales so could the presence of a female Rider and a mecha be a way to carry on Sentai's legacy?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Anyway for the first time since 2006's Kamen Rider Kabuto, the new Rider, Zero-One, is unambiguously based on an insect...a Grasshopper in fact hearkening back to the original Rider #1.

Oh yeah !

But that's not all as also among the initial Riders is a female tertiary Rider, Kamen Rider Valkyrie. There have been a smattering of female Riders over the years but this is the first time one has seemingly been one of the central Riders, and not a later addition or kitbash.

Awesome ! =D

Finally, this Kamen Rider is also bringing with him a big Mammoth-based Mecha

....wut

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yeah!

e73338cdd7dc5731cff7252b4bb2590c.gif

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Mecha as in a giant robot or just some machine? Cause Ridere aren't shy of that ever since Ryuki arguably.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Im getting Kabuto vibes.
And I fucking love Kabuto.
Sleek and sexy designs ftw!

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This may be my jump back on point, I keep failing to keep up with older shows and they lose my interest.

I really want female lead rider but ill take what I can get.

Spirits anime when?

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find that it's hard to watch Kamen Rider as it airs, because the pacing is kind of trash week by week(I think I only managed to follow Fourze the entire time). I'm finally getting back into Build and being able to go at binge speed is really making it easier.

So I guess I'll catch you guys in a year!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This may be my jump back on point, I keep failing to keep up with older shows and they lose my interest.

I really want female lead rider but ill take what I can get.

Spirits anime when?

I wanna say I read they can never turn it into an anime.

It's more about Toei in general avoiding anime versions of their live action shows (outside of some rare comedic shorts, like a Shin-chan crossover and some old SD Rider OVAs). They also obviously would have a conflict with Ishinomori Pro if they attempted to push an anime by some other studio. Note that for example Kikaider only got an anime decades after the tokusatsu franchise was dead.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's more about Toei in general avoiding anime versions of their live action shows (outside of some rare comedic shorts, like a Shin-chan crossover and some old SD Rider OVAs). They also obviously would have a conflict with Ishinomori Pro if they attempted to push an anime by some other studio. Note that for example Kikaider only got an anime decades after the tokusatsu franchise was dead.
But spirits is their old old series. It would be a great celebration show as we enter new era to omage the old.

Meh

Oct 28, 2017
The amount of Riders in the scans makes me suspicious at this point. Secretly hoping for the leak to be 100% fake and we get something else mad, just to see the meltdown, since everyone is pretty much confirmed in their minds that the leak is real.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Anime versions of older Riders in the style of Spirits would be huge but TOEi ain't doing that shit. : /

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm posting the images, since these aren't magazine scans, but rather leaked images from a toy catalogue and one from a trailer.

Kamen Rider Zero-One
xMRqAX6.jpg

1vKtwxM.jpg

The names of the other Riders aren't shown in this page, but based on a written leak that appeared before it and mostly matches the images the blue one is Vulcan (also confirmed in other images), the red and gray one is Valkyrie (name only mentioned in the text leak so far, although note how her stance is different from the others), the purple one is Kamen Rider Horobi (name confirmed in other images) and the final one is supposedly Kamen Rider Jin (name unconfirmed, only mentioned in the text leak). The two black ones at the end are powered up forms for Zero-One (Shinning Hopper) and Vulcan (Assault Wolf).

Zero-One's forms follow a quality/action + animal format. The base one shown above (yellow) is Rising Hopper.

ws69MSk.png

From left to right, Flying Falcon, Biting Shark, Flaming Tiger, Freezing Bear

Kamen Rider Zero-One Breaking Mammoth
0UlnATc.jpg

A form change that basically gives Zero-One a mecha.

Rise Phone, Zero-One's bike.
yqmGgkQ.jpg

Kamen Rider Vulcan - (Shooting Wolf)
xoYlgso.jpg

WGAdFAr.jpg

Alternate forms for Vulcan and Valkyrie
hYrSmkS.png

Punching Kong and Lightning Hornet

Kamen Rider Horobi

gAxaGr1.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Birdie

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For some reason I thought Valkyrie base form was Hornet...it's the Cheetah then?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah back to the animal designs like GOAT Oz. Surprised some of the vague leaks from weeks ago turned out to be true. One was just a drawing but it pegged Valkyrie right on.

Mammoth looks like more of a souped up ExAid Level 99 more than a SS mecha though.

Frozencool

Oct 26, 2017
Feels like this has one of the strongest base form designs in a very long time for Kamen Rider. I actually really prefer Zero One's base form to any of the alternates. It's not that they're bad, and the way they actually layer on top of the base form is nice, but it really does feel like you've got the best steak in front of you and you decide to cover with it ketchup and A1 when it comes to them.

Now if the belt voice can just stay similarly strong and simple we've got a winner at least aesthetically. I've just never been one for the belts that have weird singing or overly long phrases. If we can get something close to the belt voices from Faiz, Blade, Kabuto or W then I'd be more than happy.

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
I'm mostly worried that all the mecha scenes will be terrible CG in the style of Wizard's Dragon.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the designs. Someone get Kamen Rider Mariko:s actress back so she can outshine everyone.

PsionBolt

Oct 27, 2017
Base Zero-One looks awesome. Amazing belt, too. I was super excited to see a new Rider buck the trend of the last few years' Riders all looking hideously garish... Until I saw the form changes and side Riders. I guess it was too much to hope for that they'd all be good... Or even that they'd manage to go a year without having a ton of them in the first place, though I know the chance of that is effectively zero nowadays.

I don't know how I feel about the name... Definitely helps call back to Rider 1 if that is the goal here, but I dunno. It might be too much.

Still, I'm pretty into this. It just might be enough to get me watching every Sunday morning again. We'll see if they can turn an awesome lead suit into an awesome show.

Ishmael

Oct 27, 2017
The sleek design on Zero-One is terrific. He will probably be covered in baroque nonsense by the fifth episode but that base look is great.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Base form looks great. What's the belt gimmick exactly? Seems like cartridges?

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, even though the mammoth mech has 3 forms, it does not have a mammoth form, because Toei hates us.
i87GanU.jpg

Base form looks great. What's the belt gimmick exactly? Seems like cartridges?
They are being called "keys", and are basically flip out cards:
IMG_20190711_194825.jpg

IMG_20190711_194830.jpg
H7Z6gw4.jpg

aDHNE4g.jpg
(keys with skeleton pics inside - literally skeleton keys!)

I'm mostly worried that all the mecha scenes will be terrible CG in the style of Wizard's Dragon.
That's a given, though this maaay have an actual suit used here and there like Suika Arms and Maximum Mighty X.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
They are being called "keys", and are basically flip out cards:
IMG_20190711_194825.jpg

IMG_20190711_194830.jpg
H7Z6gw4.jpg

aDHNE4g.jpg
(keys with skeleton pics inside - literally skeleton keys!)

Oh I see now. That's a pretty cool gimmick I think. I've always liked cards but keys aren't bad either. And I suppose you could view these as being like key cards in a sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I see now. That's a pretty cool gimmick I think. I've always liked cards but keys aren't bad either. And I suppose you could view these as being like key cards in a sense.
Yep, the general speculation at the moment is that there is some sort of spy or corporative theme going on, since the weapons are transforming briefcases:
ineVpfl.jpg

Trivia: The sword finisher, Kaban Dynamic, is a pun on briefcase (kaban) and Gavan's finisher (Gavan Dynamic).

Oct 28, 2017
Yep, the general speculation at the moment is that there is some sort of spy or corporative theme going on, since the weapons are transforming briefcases:
ineVpfl.jpg

Trivia: The sword finisher, Kaban Dynamic, is a pun on briefcase (kaban) and Gavan's finisher (Gavan Dynamic).

Really hope the finisher has the dog bark that Gavan Dynamic has. Always makes me laugh my arse off whenever it happens in a Gavan episode.

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't even realize there was a female rider when I saw the catalog leaks. That's awesome.

Zero One still has a sick design.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
ineVpfl.jpg

Hmm, maybe we'll have different factions going via separate corporations then. They did that recently with Build though that was between countries.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I find that it's hard to watch Kamen Rider as it airs, because the pacing is kind of trash week by week(I think I only managed to follow Fourze the entire time). I'm finally getting back into Build and being able to go at binge speed is really making it easier.

So I guess I'll catch you guys in a year!
Yeah, the paceing of Toku can be weird as fuck. But Build is a treat and the backhalf really gets real. Build does the rare thing that makes EVERYBODY important. Usually the supporting cast and the side riders just fall away storywise

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, maybe we'll have different factions going via separate corporations then. They did that recently with Build though that was between countries.
They do.

Zero One's belt is the "Hiden" Zero One Driver, his bike is the "Hiden" Risephone
Vulcan and Valkyrie have the "A.I.M." Shotriser (that's why their belt is a gun)
Horobi and Jin use the "Metsuboujin" Forceriser
Everybody uses Progrise Keys.

Judging by the the name and jingles, the villain faction is using force entry tech or something - their belt has a lever, opens/closes up differently, there's "destruction" puns/kanjis everywhere and it's literally called Forceriser.
KingDirk on our DIscord mentioned "Progrise" probably is a pun on "progress".
From the the licensed stuff we've seen and the small promotional announcement the series had with a fake newscast, there's totally a futuristic/high tech theme going on too - so you can easily speculate on different corporations battling it out, or factions dealing with technology in different ways.

(Assault Wolf and Shining Beetle seem to share a hammer or axe that becomes a gun called Authrise Buster, so they are really pushing the ___rise puns)

Your memory never ceases to amaze me.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hope a season of the bed guys empowering asshole humans. Those are usually the best. W, and Fourze