• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
....who...who is this movie even for? Do kids still bother with this red asshole? Hated that show and the books growing up.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
I was way too old when this show came out and the books are terrible. I have two school age boys who have no idea what Clifford is. This will be shit unless it's good for reasons totally outside the source material.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
For those asking, kids still like Clifford. My kids pick his books out all the time at the library and watched the show on the PBS app often enough. The books are easy to read and everyone likes dogs.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nostalgia seems to be in. With all the remakes/reimaginings of Disney classics etc, I'm sure adults are looking forward to this as well.
Nostalgia might be in, but there's little for adults in Clifford. I can't see many adults being into this movie. best thing they can do is to turn it into a proper family movie than a kinds movie, which shouldn't be too hard

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...
"I Love Clifford, The Big Red... OH GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE!"

I know they're actors and all, but I think you'd want them to feel some kind of comfort around the armature that represents Clifford, not existential dread.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
He's too small.

clifford-big-red-dog-188376.jpg

this movie clifford ain't shit

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
....who...who is this movie even for? Do kids still bother with this red asshole? Hated that show and the books growing up.

My son loves the hell out of the Clifford books, they're still very much front and center in the children's book space.

It's been so long that I don't remember, but even so there are stages between "runt" and "big as a house" unless he like... poofs into a giant in the blink of an eye.

He grows this big over the course of a few days because Emily's dad tells her that he is going to die in the winter because he's too small, so Emily cries about it and her love causes him to grow until she tells him "that's enough." Clifford goes from "too small to live" to "load him in a truck with a crane and ship him to my uncle in the country" over the course of two days and nights.

Of course then there are also a bunch of "Clifford the Small Red Puppy" books, including one where he plays in the snow. The Clifford canon is all over the place.

Candescence

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The CGI stand-in setup reminds me of Five Nights at Freddy's. Actually, I think Five Nights at Candy's has animatronics that look more like it.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I dunno, seems kinda small.
Isn't Clifford the size of a house? This movie isn't going to be realistic at all!
The dog needs to be like 4 times the size tbh
Isn't the dog meant to be bigger?
shouldn't he be like three times that height?

...have none of you read the books? Dude doesn't start out as a big red dog.

image.png

51-0-WYVAfb-L-SX258-BO1-204-203-200.jpg

9780439725255-uk.jpg

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
You know I really like that the writer and director were given enough creative freedom to reinterpret Clifford as a surrealist horror movie. Very excited to watch this.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I want to see the version of the movie where they don't replace the placeholder with a cg dog. Just... that thing, and this kid has imprinted wayyyy too much personality unto it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
looks like one of the keter class SCPs got out again
It has a parasitic ability that make the family it attaches itself to think its an ordinary dog.

They'll die to protect it but eventually the eggs Clifford laid in them through airborne spores will explode out of their bodies before the "dog" infects a new family.