The Flash S5 |OT| The Bitchin' House of Ls

Oct 25, 2017
Of course. I'm just saying they enjoy making every new Wells seem shifty and possibly evil.

Honestly, I think it's better for the story overall if Sherloque isn't Eobard, because it doesn't really make narrative sense. We keep seeing scenes between the two of them when no one else is around and there would be no reason for Eobard to pretend like that if they're working together.
Like why would he bother with using Cisco algorithm if he's the one who made the language

Oct 25, 2017
He hasn't made it yet.
True

Honestly I'm mixed because I have little faith in the writers. Either it's the kind of dumb twist with the level of I'm the future flash or it's too clever or different since there's s wells every season that's actually a good guy and turns out the suspicions of being evil is unfounded.

Or we're doing the thing where the new member is secretly a traitor

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
They could do that, but I just think it's a little too Doctor Who for this show. I think Sherloque is going to turn out to be exactly what he says he is - a skilled detective who's also just a complete and utter failure at anything resembling social interaction. Basically the anti-HR.

Remember: Sherloque had to exist long enough for Herr Wells to find out about him. Eobard is obviously no stranger to long cons, but it just seems too unbelievable that he'd spend a shitload of time on an alternate Earth building up a reputation just so that a DIFFERENT alt-Wells would find out about him and recommend him to the team.
There was something off about Herr Wells though.
I'm just saying it all feels way too convenient for a twist that everyone would just groan at.

Serious question, because Arrow bored me to death even in season 1: was Merlyn ever actually badass? I always just kinda see Barrowman as Jack Harkness and it infuses every Merlyn appearance I've seen with a layer of meta-comedy that I just can't shake off.
He delivers a number of beatdowns on Oliver, making sure he is actually scary.

Nov 30, 2017
You know what still bugs me? In the original timeline they always bring up that the particle accelerator successfully went off and Barry becomes the Flash, so I assume metas were still created like normal. What was the point of having it fail then? If it still created metas in the og timeline. Idk why shit like this bothers me, this is all I think about at work lol.

I'm just saying it all feels way too convenient for a twist that everyone would just groan at.

Serious question, because Arrow bored me to death even in season 1: was Merlyn ever actually badass? I always just kinda see Barrowman as Jack Harkness and it infuses every Merlyn appearance I've seen with a layer of meta-comedy that I just can't shake off.
Yeah to be honest he's one of the few Arrow villains that was really menacing and could go toe-to-toe with Oliver.

Hell I don't think even Prometheus had very many good fight scenes against Oliver.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
There's something off about every Wells, though.
I mean his behavior when bringing up Sherloque was very different compared to previous Herr Wells scenes. If they were to go the Sherloque route, they could explain that Herr Wells was threathened and for that reason acting weird.

Oct 25, 2017
This episode really reminded me that we are stuck with the worst Wells by far, hopefully we get a better one soon

Yup, show had set him up as a bad guy at that point but how badass really came out of nowhere,
Beat Oliver's ass immediately after this
He only became a joke after S1.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
This episode really reminded me that we are stuck with the worst Wells by far, hopefully we get a better one soon
Yeah, I agree. Having Eobard Wells in the ep just highlights how meh every other Wells version is. Or maybe it just skews the scale since E.Wells is that far above the others...

Unless something else happens, the main reasons I'll remember Sherloque is the ongoing Nora suspicion and the Baby Giraffe nickname for Ralph. Just cause that's damn funny. Nothing else stands out.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree. Having Eobard Wells in the ep just highlights how meh every other Wells version is. Or maybe it just skews the scale since E.Wells is that far above the others...

Unless something else happens, the main reasons I'll remember Sherloque is the ongoing Nora suspicion and the Baby Giraffe nickname for Ralph. Just cause that's damn funny. Nothing else stands out.
Not even just Eobard though.
Early Harry was much better, last season really made him too bland.
Also H.R was really good.

Even when the show wasn't great I was enjoying the Wells for that season.
Funny thing is im definitely enjoying this season over everything past season 2.B but can't stand current Wells.

OP
OP
ZeroX
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Merlyn was the original beatdown big bad. He rightfully took down Oliver three times before he Ollie had to stab himself to beat him.

Both Thawnes were great and perfect for their respective shows.

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
This is the first time I haven't like an incarnation of Wells. The accent just doesn't work.

HR was a lot of fun. Regular, E2 Wells felt unnecessary after S2.

Oct 27, 2017
Not even just Eobard though.
Early Harry was much better, last season really made him too bland.
Also H.R was really good.

Even when the show wasn't great I was enjoying the Wells for that season.
Funny thing is im definitely enjoying this season over everything past season 2.B but can't stand current Wells.
Yeah, I consider E.Wells and Early Harry the same thing based on the timeframe.

In any case, Wells is usually the standout character (especially early in the series), but this one is pretty flat for me except for what I mentioned.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eobard Wells is top notch, but Harry is also up there too. Him being an extreme asshole is great fun lol.

I def didn't like the plot of last year of making him dumb. I also def didn't like H.R for most part (although he was fun at least). The new guy is ok, kinda annoying at first, but def feeling better about him. Though, still slightly annoying.

OP
OP
ZeroX
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
HR was the only bright spot in S3

Sherloque isn't super developed, but I guess if they knew that Cavanagh would also be reprising Thawne I don't think he needs to be. He's just there to provide the outsider view and see things the others don't (ie Nora). Although they also could've used Ralph for that...

Oct 25, 2017
Sherlock Wells is the best Wells since Eobard. I really like his natural ability to detect bullshit when he hears it. Besides him, Team Flash are completely oblivious about Nora and Sherlock makes them all look pretty bad in comparison.

Oct 25, 2017
There is one thing that's been bugging me about Cicada..... Does he know how to fight or no? He doesn't right? He just throws haymakers when he doesn't have his dagger. At least Team Flash has been in a few scraps so how did Cicada beat them in h2h combat?

Ahhh I'm getting myself flustered again 🤣

Oct 27, 2017
There is one thing that's been bugging me about Cicada..... Does he know how to fight or no? He doesn't right? He just throws haymakers when he doesn't have his dagger. At least Team Flash has been in a few scraps so how did Cicada beat them in h2h combat?

Ahhh I'm getting myself flustered again 🤣
The transformation made him physically stronger, so it shouldn't be hard to take people with no hand to had experience at all.

Legion of Doom V2: Diaz, Cicada, Thawne

Don't act like you don't want it
Add in time travel and bring back Prometheus & Slade.

edit:
Nah,

Legion of Doom V2: Prometheus, Prometheus, Prometheus
My, man! *bows*

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
The transformation made him physically stronger, so it shouldn't be hard to take people with no hand to had experience at all.
Well he didn't get physically stronger until recently. The first encounter was when he didn't experience his transformation into a metahuman. My guy took down Team Flash with no h2h experience lol.

Barry Allen, in that one-off instance with the transmogrifier, took down 2 ARGUS guards. I find it hard to believe that Cicada is a better h2h combatant compared to those 2 guards.

Oct 25, 2017
i don't care how good she is. she's not black canary.

that's like having a superman show and having him partnered with some random floozy.

Oct 27, 2017
Well he didn't get physically stronger until recently. The first encounter was when he didn't experience his transformation into a metahuman. My guy took down Team Flash with no h2h experience lol.

Barry Allen, in that one-off instance with the transmogrifier, took down 2 ARGUS guards. I find it hard to believe that Cicada is a better h2h combatant compared to those 2 guards.
IMO he doesn't get new powers over time (I might be wrong but whatever), he just gets stronger and stronger. So the time you're referring to is probably the first time he's been "super" strong. Strong enough to bend metal etc, but stronger than average humans before that.

..and meh, I'd love to use Barry as a Barometer (hah, puns), but Barry forgets he has arms until Iris reminds him so and Cisco confirms it with the Flash suit's monitoring screen.

Keym

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I guess. Arrow needs better villains. Nothing has topped Slade. Merlyn was ok but was utilized atrociously
Prometheus I would argue surpassed him. Cadan James and Diaz don't compare, but I thought they were fine. Neither were strong enough to carry a season, and thankfully neither of them did.

What sucks is we were introduced to Slade for a full season where he wasn't a villain, and then we saw his decent into becoming the villain of season 2.

That's a lot to compete with, and the Prometheus stuff being anywhere close is impressive as fuck.

Merlin was overused in Arrow, and a lot of his usage was mundane and boring. He's good in season 1. Season 3 is when his stuff starts to get embarrassing, and season 4 he's a joke..

Oct 25, 2017
People commenting about Merlin turning into a joke forget that the point was to show Oliver becoming an even stronger fighter. Oliver, in general, has shown growth in his skill except for when the writers forget.

Sadly, the writers on The Flash seem to forget that Barry is faster than Zoom, who was fast enough to time travel numerous times in an instant, and was much faster than Thawne. They forget that Barry has trained with Oliver to become a better hand to hand combatant. And they basically forget every skill that barry has learned becuase they don't know how to write around it. Hell, they forgot Barry is supposed to be a genius and invented Gideon.

It's frustrating, but I still love this show when I can.

Oct 25, 2017
Prometheus I would argue surpassed him. Cadan James and Diaz don't compare, but I thought they were fine. Neither were strong enough to carry a season, and thankfully neither of them did.

What sucks is we were introduced to Slade for a full season where he wasn't a villain, and then we saw his decent into becoming the villain of season 2.

That's a lot to compete with, and the Prometheus stuff being anywhere close is impressive as fuck.

Merlin was overused in Arrow, and a lot of his usage was mundane and boring. He's good in season 1. Season 3 is when his stuff starts to get embarrassing, and season 4 he's a joke..
We could have had that with Adrian Chase. We all thought he was Vigilante because of the fake out but then out of nowhere he was Prometheus because the writers wanted to fool us extra hard.

If he was Vigilante we could have seen a character that acted like season 1 Arrow and then eventually goes full villain. Adrian Chase had a good actor and his island explosion was pretty cool but his reveal as Prometheus soured me. I didn't like it at all.