• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'm seriously alarmed that Jitters named one of their drinks a Cicada. Cicada STALKED AND MURDERED A LADY IN THEIR PARKING LOT.
Yeah, it's pretty weird to have a named drink like that... Though... They have Zoom as a drink, and he killed plenty too. Soo...
Jitters is the real big bad.
Yeah it's like if I walked into a major popular restaurant and ordered a small Ted Bundy with almond milk, it's just odd. Raises a lot of questions about the management of the company.
I mean, there ARE theme restaurants that do shit like that.

But Jitters seems to just be CW Starbucks, which is what makes it so weird. Do the Jitters in National City have Metallos?
Zzbun1B.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Thawne screaming "I AM THE ONLY SPEEDSTER WHO KNOWS WHAT ITS DOING" is the best moment in the entire tv series

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is some sick thought experiment to make each previous season appear better in comparison to the current?
And we're all getting roped in.
Well, that's pretty much how it's been. The big bad seems to get worse every season.

Can't wait for the future season when Team Flash takes 24 episodes to stop a 4 year old from snatching candy from & escaping on his tricycle.

I like the way that they seemingly demonstrated that Cicada's powers were growing like eight episodes ago, and then promptly forgot about it.
Well, yea.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a sucker for time loop episodes but damn that ending was rough. The more you think on it,the worse it is. The had full knowledge of where he would be and how he would attack. Yet they came up with a push. I would have loved a moment where a big bad is taken out without Barry, showing just how much the team has grown. The dagger hitting him,should have lead to an attack combo to knock him out, then pipeline him or something.

What's more is that the consequences of the 52 rewinds could have created a great new plot and even tie into the thawne plot and given Barry something to solve, e.g. thawne is now free or something.

Yet we get cicada just flying off like team rocket and nora and the team of "geniuses" looking on dumbstruck.

Damn the show has reached an all time low.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm a sucker for time loop episodes but damn that ending was rough. The more you think on it,the worse it is. The had full knowledge of where he would be and how he would attack. Yet they came up with a push. I would have loved a moment where a big bad is taken out without Barry, showing just how much the team has grown. The dagger hitting him,should have lead to an attack combo to knock him out, then pipeline him or something.

What's more is that the consequences of the 52 rewinds could have created a great new plot and even tie into the thawne plot and given Barry something to solve, e.g. thawne is now free or something.

Yet we get cicada just flying off like team rocket and nora and the team of "geniuses" looking on dumbstruck.

Damn the show has reached an all time low.
He should of been dealt with a long time ago. The episode before the crossover should of been it. He has overstayed his welcome, why come up with all these ways of out smarting Cicada but then just dragging it on and on we already seen that they didn't even need the cure for him to take him down lol.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Wait, so she went through that loop 52 times? How? We saw all the people that Cicada would've abducted in the first 5 tries. And Nora kept bringing them all together and not letting them go after they died the first time. Who was getting killed the other 47 times?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so she went through that loop 52 times? How? We saw all the people that Cicada would've abducted in the first 5 tries. And Nora kept bringing them all together and not letting them go after they died the first time. Who was getting killed the other 47 times?

Well she said there were also instances where everyone but her died I think, so add that as well

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I feel like at this point next season will just be more Thawne, I don't think theres any one else they can do at this point as a villain or do you think they will try actual multiple arcs?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
At least the thinker had the excuse of 334 different powers ontop of super smarts.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Maybe the 'Cicada' is one of those hidden menu items at Jitters so they never advertise it, but if you order one they know how to make it. Either that or Jitters is a secret CCPD front and anyone ordering super villain lattes gets put on a watch list.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they're definitely leading to Nora's version of Cicada. They always beat him/her, monologue, and Cicada always gets away. Cicada just hides for a long while and reemerges every 2-5 episodes (lol).

So they never "beat" Cicada. They're just going to ignore Cicada until Cicada shows up and shit is repeated ad infinitum.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah I guess it's gonna be they think they've beaten Cicada (and they have) but then Grace-Cicada shows up in the future and Nora has to use her skills to stop her

When's Eobard

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Real-life cicadas apparently spend like 17 years underground before coming out and turning into proper cicadas, so I could see the Flash writers basing things on that and having this be Cicada's "nymph" period. He's a makeshift costume guy now, but later on he'll turn into a CG monster or something.

Yeah, I think I was partially right in November. Except instead of Klein Cicada eventually getting awesome, the Cicada persona just goes away and Grace takes on the mantle years later, so Cicada re-emerges.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I was partially right in November. Except instead of Klein Cicada eventually getting awesome, the Cicada persona just goes away and Grace takes on the mantle years later, so Cicada re-emerges.

Yup. I mean..... I get it, I guess? It's just kind of tiring to see the end result being the same without introducing another big bad. Running theme is that they keep botching up the execution of these big bads. The concept is decent but they just can't pull it off.

Oct 26, 2017
Why is it this hard to take down Cicada? Every other major villain was absurdly more powerful and capable. Like I'm more alarmed that Nora failed 50+ times than anything else

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Why is it this hard to take down Cicada? Every other major villain was absurdly more powerful and capable. Like I'm more alarmed that Nora failed 50+ times than anything else

The only reason he's hard to take down is because the writers need that to be the case. There's literally no other reason, it's just plot armour.

Nora having trouble kinda made sense with the whole "fixed point' explanation, where somebody is fated to die at that point and the best you can do is change who dies. Until, of course, they all put their heads together and come up with the brilliant plan to just shove him, which I guess the universe considers equivalent.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Picturing an alternate reality where the person that dies is Sherloque and Nora is all like "Welp, I tried :D"

Oct 26, 2017
The only reason he's hard to take down is because the writers need that to be the case. There's literally no other reason, it's just plot armour.

Nora having trouble kinda made sense with the whole "fixed point' explanation, where somebody is fated to die at that point and the best you can do is change who dies. Until, of course, they all put their heads together and come up with the brilliant plan to just shove him, which I guess the universe considers equivalent.
I completely get that but, with all of the villain's the teams have faced and with how much experience they have, especially Barry, it's just not believable for them to struggle this much. Had they had a different big bad, one who was truly powerful and intelligent, I wouldn't have an issue but Cicada just comes off as a villain of the week sort of villain that they stretched out to hell and back because they didn't know what else to do

Yeah, that's the part that gets me. I don't know. When Barry time traveled way back when to save everyone, it was handled much much better. With this, I felt nothing but frustration, especially with the solution

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm really scared the resolution to this entire season is going to be "Nora stops herself from going back in time". It seems to be getting more and more likely.

Snake

Oct 25, 2017
Episode wasn't quite as bad as a lot comments seem to be painting it as, however it was probably the least interesting time loop/groundhog day-style episode of a TV show that I can remember. Which is significant since that gimmick is practically always a sure bet.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really scared the resolution to this entire season is going to be "Nora stops herself from going back in time". It seems to be getting more and more likely.
She saves Barry from the satellite, rewinds time and pushes Klein's character out of the way of the shard so he never becomes Cicada. Then returns to the future making this whole season a waste of time.

I'd laugh.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
Time Traveling 52 times, isn't that the kinda of shit Time Wraiths are for?

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dont think she was time traveling but rewinding time itself since thats one of her abilities. the kids/balloon on the street kinda pointed to this?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i dont think she was time traveling but rewinding time itself since thats one of her abilities. the kids/balloon on the street kinda pointed to this?

So I've been told.

I'm really suprised at the reaction. I thought it was a lot of fun.

It really suffered from the fact that this all started because Iris couldn't be bothered to tell people that the dagger was gonna come back. Actually yea, that's the main issue with this episode. The blatant lack of communication.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
The argument is that since she rewinds time, that's somehow different than jumping in the speed force and time travelling. Hence no time wraiths since she didn't venture into their no no domain.

Much less the Time Bureau!
They're on vacation till April!

"Did you hear about Flash's daughter rewinding time 52 times and altering time to her will?"
"I was on vacation. Who cares?"

Sounds like an aberration
She isn't supposed to be there in general. Her very existence there, and everything she changes, (willingly or not) should be aberrations. But I guess we're in the eh, whatever place.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Centrail City is just a No Man's Land time wise, cause if they start policing there they would never leave

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
So I've been told.

It really suffered from the fact that this all started because Iris couldn't be bothered to tell people that the dagger was gonna come back. Actually yea, that's the main issue with this episode. The blatant lack of communication.
I think I stopped paying attention to stuff like that a long while ago. This universe has never been particularly smart and I think the writers know they can take some pretty big logic leaps. I just can't hold Flash to any high logic standard, It just a popcorn show for me.

I'm a lot more offended when we get these cookie cutter episodes that don't have any real conceit. I enjoyed this episode because it played with the format and the obvious budget constraints this show has.

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I think I stopped paying attention to stuff like that a long while ago. This universe has never been particularly smart and I think the writers know they can take some pretty big logic leaps. I just can't hold Flash to any high logic standard, It just a popcorn show for me.

I'm a lot more offended when we get these cookie cutter episodes that don't have any real conceit. I enjoyed this episode because it played with the format and the obvious budget constraints this show has.
Yeah this was obvious a budget saver ep.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I don't really feel that I'm asking for much here tho

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
He had the dagger in his chest & they let him fly away again? Just catching up, but that part was so aggravating. Like, this guy should have been in handcuffs 8 episodes ago. So admiring your genius & knock this dude out.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The fact that Iris or anyone else didn't say "He threw the dagger".
The fact that Nora never thought it was a good idea to just fucking say what was happening.
The fact that they let Cicada get away again by just STANDING AROUND WHILE HE'S BRIEFLY INCAPACITATED. I can't even remember how many times that's happened now.
God even Cisco's subplot was so painfully generic. "I should just be myself!" Yeah no fucking shit, she was practically salivating over you at the bar when you were doing just that.
The only good moments were:
-Sherloque yet again being 50 times smarter than everyone else and figuring out what was happening
-Barry replicating the talk Jay gave to him about time travel
-Everyone slowing Nora down was cool
I haven't been this frustrated at one of these shows since Team Arrow were acting like buffoons last season.

Thawne: "I AM THE ONLY SPEEDSTER WHO KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!"
Ain't that the truth.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The main problem Team Flash has had this year is tracking down Cicada.

This episode gave Team Flash (minus Barry) his exact location and the exact time he would be there, and an apparently infinite number of times to get it right, and that was their best outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.