• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The fact that Nora would run up the building and stop at the exact same spot every time was ridiculous too.

Like he has thrown his dagger away so her powers aren't being nullified so she could have run up and slapped some meta cuffs on him or hell, grow a spine and just ran straight at him and pushed him off the building while also moving the person out of the way.

That's what's so frustrating about the show, they make the characters act so stupid that they don't do the most basic thing they do every episode to make the plot go forward. Run up, move the prisoner out of position and speed punch cicada to hell but nope, just run up and stand there like an idiot and let it play out as if that would change anything.

I mean it made so little sense that they just skipped the whole idea of Nora actually saying to the team 'stay here, cicada kills one of you' and then going to pick up Cecile to save her.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Some shitpost stealing from the reddit

ncxgw1td4eg21.jpg

6bfx36mqscg21.jpg

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
BANGER of an episode. How am I suppose to enjoy this show in a post lasertag/Dragula world?

Turns out, we're the ones stuck in a timeloop of watching bad Flash episodes.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
"Hey, do we still have that CG roof set that looks like a cross between a stage show and a Command and Conquer cutscene? Yeah? How can we get as much use out of it as possible?"
Our running tru he city CGI is great right? Lets use it 20 times in one episode.
When they did the first kill I nearly rage quit the series totally

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
The way I look at it, the fixed point wasn't that someone had to die, it was that someone had to be stabbed by the dagger on that rooftop. Which they fulfilled by setting up Cicada to be stabbed instead.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Some shitpost stealing from the reddit

ncxgw1td4eg21.jpg

And remember, the show itself has shown Flash run from the US to China and back within one single camera swing of a security camera. We're not even counting his Comic limits, the *show* has shown this.

That's 7000 miles to and 7000 miles from within a span of 3 to 5 seconds tops.

Yet he cannot just whisk away Cicada the multiple times he's been separated from his dagger and dump him in the meta prison.

May 10, 2018
So I wasn't the only one who missed something?

I watched someone's reaction on YouTube and the part that focused on Ralph dying was something I totally missed.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Thinking about it, the CW-verse has a real issue retaining tech people. Winn, gone. Curtis, gone. Cisco, "gone".

Luke Fox to be the first to leave Batwoman, confirmed.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The way I look at it, the fixed point wasn't that someone had to die, it was that someone had to be stabbed by the dagger on that rooftop. Which they fulfilled by setting up Cicada to be stabbed instead.

I dunno man, Nora tried 52 times and somebody died each time. I mean, statistically, at least one of the hits should have just injured somebody by that point.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
And remember, the show itself has shown Flash run from the US to China and back within one single camera swing of a security camera. We're not even counting his Comic limits, the *show* has shown this.

That's 7000 miles to and 7000 miles from within a span of 3 to 5 seconds tops.

Yet he cannot just whisk away Cicada the multiple times he's been separated from his dagger and dump him in the meta prison.
I did mention that they should have shown him trying but the dagger keeps building up enough speed to catch up or the dagger doesn't relent to explain away that

Also probably that anti meta tech doesn't work on him because he's technically not a meta to explain away not using cuffs

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno man, Nora tried 52 times and somebody died each time. I mean, statistically, at least one of the hits should have just injured somebody by that point.
Nora is also a idiot who failed to beat Cicada 52 times

I know it's a cute joke to 52 earths but they really should have said she tried like 12 times so she doesn't like a complete fucking incompetent idiot

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Am I the only one who liked this episode? I always like time loop episodes.

Eh, I felt it missed out on what makes Time Loops fun.
  1. The character's growing familiarity with, exploitation of, and gradual contempt for the events of the loop.
  2. The character's attempts to change the events or break out of the loop causing unpredictable results.
This one was just Nora trying basically the same thing over and over again, interspersed with dreadful Cisco "comedy".

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I felt it missed out on what makes Time Loops fun.
  1. The character's growing familiarity with, exploitation of, and gradual contempt for the events of the loop.
  2. The character's attempts to change the events or break out of the loop causing unpredictable results.
This one was just Nora trying basically the same thing over and over again, interspersed with dreadful Cisco "comedy".
It probably didn't do it because it's so short but I do wish we had more of 1 like the point where the hero gets sick of it and just spend a loop screwing around or being a an absolute asshole

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
The episode was fun, but it would have been better if the cisco speech was in the middle of the episode and everyone caught on quicker and then it could have been nora and cisco adventures so she has someone to bounce off of.

They just make team flash more and more and more dumb, why can't they just capture him and have him break out of meta dampening jail because his body is becoming like his dagger and he isn't effected by it. No idea why they think its a good idea to have cicada injured, falling over, bleeding and yelling at the sky and team flash is alll...YEAHHHHHHHHH BOOOOIIIIIIII!!!!!!!! and high fiving each other and jumping for joy when they can just walk over and punch him in the face.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm about to order some food and marathon the last three episodes since I wasn't able to catch them live.

Pray for me

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The episode was 35 minutes if you downloaded it from less the reputable sources that cut out 7 minutes of the episode (one of the loops).

Oct 26, 2017
Ralph dies, Cisco pretends to be a sports guy

It says a lot that a random 7 minute chunk of the episode can be removed and you wouldn't realize
Huh...so nothing worth losing sleep over :P

That honestly is rather alarming but, to be fair, that sort of thing would mainly apply to this episode just due to the whole groundhog day nature of it. It'd be a lot more jarring in any other one

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
*Cough* I only noticed what was missing when I rewatched it on the CW app as I paid more attention. But yeaaaaah it wasn't noticable, basically cut out a loop.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
The epsiode was mildly fun filler. Rachel Talalay is one of my fav TV directors so I wish they'd let her direct episodes with a bit more substance.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It's telling that I usually watch the show the night it airs, but I'm just now getting around to watching this episode

I could have swore it was hinted at before the season started that Cicada was only going to be a mini- villain and not last the whole season. Team Flash still dealing with him just makes them look incompetent for the most part and he hasn't been that entertaining/compelling to stretch the story-line.

Good for Cisco though with Kamilla.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Thawne's going to come out of the Speed Force, phases his hand into Cicada's heart, thinks Cicada is dead, monologues for a bit, and Cicada flies away. End of season 5, lmao.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In what world does Cisco think acting like a Boston gym rat is cooler and more pleasurable to be around than funny scientist who is probably making bank. All that shit about being a business scientist was cringeworthy as hell.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait a minute

What was that about Red Death now?

Are we eventually going to get the CW's version of Dark Nights Metal..???

latest

Wasn't that Devoe (I guess)?
This is great to me because I've been reading Dark Nights: Metal. My guess is that Flash's version of Red Death will be a version of Oliver Queen. I don't think they'll do evil Barry for a while because of Savitar, which is probably why we will see Red Death before Godspeed.

Oliver is CW's Bruce Wayne and even though they're probably gearing up for Batwoman, I just don't see Bruce Wayne popping in with Matt Affleck's Batman coming out in a year or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.