• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.

The Flash S5 |OT| The Bitchin' House of Ls

Nov 7, 2017
Man. Barry continues to show that he isn't the smartest tool in the shed. He's way too emotional and can't ruck beyond two steps in front of him. This show is like the opposite of Game of Thrones where there is zero thoughtful planning and (almost) everyone is dense and volatile.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It would almost be kind of an amazing masterstroke if Nora ended up the end big bad of the season instead of Thawne or Grace. But I'm sure they're going to have her get over her anger after a hallway talk next week.

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
The Nora/Thawne dynamic continues to be the best part of this season.

I said it before but I think The CW deserve a lot of credit for taking a chance with their most popular show and putting a woman of color into the spotlight alongside Barry. Parker has done a great show of fitting right in and successfully carrying a huge chunk of the show's narrative by herself. She's essentially this season's co-protagonist.

That said, I still think that Thawne will become Godspeed in some form.

Oct 28, 2017
Gracicada is fine. Improvement from the OG Cicada. Fuck Orlin.

YOOOO! PUT SOME RESPECT ON THE MAN'S NAME!!! His grave isn't even cold yet.

That explains getting into Thawne's room, but every room was coincidentally closing at the same time? That, or she kept following guards around getting through doors one at a time.. lol Best not to think about it.
I could of sworn as the black armored guard torturing Thawne walked out of the room, Nora Super sped past the guy before the doors locked. Though, I will say I'm suprised he didn't even noticed the streak of lightning zooming past him. But that's classic Flash writing for ya.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I think Thawne sincerely likes Nora

He didn't even gloat to Barry, he told him not to hold it against her

That's not saying he doesn't enjoying fucking with Barry, it's a nice perk
I've said it before, but this is the reason Thawne is so awesome and the best character on the show.

They've established that he can genuinely care for people, and they've established that he can pretend to care for people as he uses them, and sometimes the two overlap.

Whereas the other characters are all incredibly obvious in their motivations or which course of action they'll take, or written so poorly that their motivations or characterization seem to change from decision to decision (Barry falls in the middle - he predictably choses the worst, dumbest option), Thawne is unpredictable but still consistent. You can see the wheels working in his head and the conflict on his face, and there are a bunch of levels to it. He's also been allowed a fair bit of development, which helps, as well.

Anyway, they should do a Superior Flash season where Thawne tries to prove how he can be a better hero than Barry.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before, but this is the reason Thawne is so awesome and the best character on the show.

They've established that he can genuinely care for people, and they've established that he can pretend to care for people as he uses them, and sometimes the two overlap.

Whereas the other characters are all incredibly obvious in their motivations or which course of action they'll take, or written so poorly that their motivations or characterization seem to change from decision to decision (Barry falls in the middle - he predictably choses the worst, dumbest option), Thawne is unpredictable but still consistent. You can see the wheels working in his head and the conflict on his face, and there are a bunch of levels to it. He's also been allowed a fair bit of development, which helps, as well.

Anyway, they should do a Superior Flash season where Thawne tries to prove how he can be a better hero than Barry.
I'm legitimately annoyed we never did get to see the "I can be better" Thawne from the comics yet. It's a great route to take the show, rather than yet another Big Bad who just wants to kill the Flash because reasons.

I think Thawne sincerely likes Nora

He didn't even gloat to Barry, he told him not to hold it against her

That's not saying he doesn't enjoying fucking with Barry, it's a nice perk
Totally agree. Then again, he "cared" about Team Flash before he tried to murder them all in Season 1 so it could end up being a wash.

So far though The Legion of Doom:
Malcolm sacrifices himself to save his daughter
Damien sacrifices himself to save his daughter
Thawne now has a surrogate daughter . . .

There's only one way this ends.

Oct 27, 2017
could of sworn as the black armored guard torturing Thawne walked out of the room, Nora Super sped past the guy before the doors locked. Though, I will say I'm suprised he didn't even noticed the streak of lightning zooming past him. But that's classic Flash writing for ya.
I get that, but I'm saying she super-sped through every single door though? And they happened to be open? From the outside fence to main building door to the no doubt 10+ doors leading to the maximum security wing Thawne was in and then to Thawne? Suuure...

Hell, prisons these days guards have to be buzzed in by other guards. Primary doors have to be locked before secondary doors are opened etc, and there are cameras all over the place. Can't imagine 2049 prison is somehow less secure. Hell, the random tech truck "Godspeed" stole from at the start had a high tech camera that can capture speedsters. Not to mention current time Flash can also be caught on our, in comparison, old ass cameras and everyone can see a speedsters lightning streak & feel the wind rush passed them. High security future Meta-Prison has no tech to detect metas/speedsters?

...but like I said before, best not to think about it. lol

Oct 27, 2017
You guys need to stop disrespecting my boy Ralph.
who.gif

Doesn't sound familiar..

All I can recall from him this season is some admittedly good detective work with Sherloque early on, and after that him being super into Cisco's love life

I guess he's fine, certainly better than last season
That and getting Cicada-rang'd in the back a bunch of times. So, good character usage for the season, I guess..

edit:
Oh, and the helicopter thing where Barry ran up his arm to take out snake-eyeball guy.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
This show has fallen off a cliff. I absolutely loved seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 and onward has been hot garbage. I haven't even watched any of season 5, but I heard Godspeed was appearing so I thought I'd tune in to watch it. And what happens? Unsurprisingly, they completely wasted the character. Not only is he an artificial speedster, but he went out like a chump to Nora who literally just got her powers. They completely wasted a character that had the potential to be a big bad in future seasons.