• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I mean she's liked her new situation since last season, even going out of her way to bring her back. it wouldn't really make sense for her to suddenly want to get rid of her.

Speaking of which, Cisco may not have powers, but he's still pretty helpful, so it's gonna be weird to see him gone when he can still be of use.
He is even more useful without powers considering all the technology he managed to make.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
We haven't got a "Carlos Valdes exits Flash" article but I assume it's coming. He'll probably come back for an episode or two and then go and live in 31st Century DC with Curtis, Winn and Futurelicity.

Batwoman better have a really good tech guy because the Arrowverse is about to need one

Deleted member 2954

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they replaced Cicada with an Evil Flash going around killing people and later revealed to be Nora's twin brother...nvm, plot was wasted on Savitor.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That definitely didn't seem like a sendoff for Cisco and if he was leaving that announcement would have followed the finale almost immediately

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Sick of Wells Thawne. No reason for him to use Well's face
Other than only having to pay one actor, Thawne already explained he keeps it just to fuck with Barry. A constant reminder of his manipulation and betrayal.

they even made a joke about it? was it this season?
Pretty sure this is like the 2nd or 3rd time they mentioned it. I don't remember the specifics, but I know it was done before.

Was it only Nora that learned how to reverse time or can Barry do it too now?
Exclusive to Nora.

Also, that "best season ever/wrong thread" exchange is damn hilarious.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That definitely didn't seem like a sendoff for Cisco and if he was leaving that announcement would have followed the finale almost immediately
it's gonna be a soft exit, he'll get kicked down to recurring, hang around for a bit and then get booked for music/theatre and not come back til the finale. Either that or he'll go down to an even smaller episode count on his contract than he currently is, because he obviously wasn't full time.

That Danielle Panabaker leaving the show rumor turned out to be bullshit too

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I agree weak season, good finale. I wonder if we will get a Cisco replacement. I mean they named dropped Ryan Choi a couple of times this season.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
How would people feel if Caitlin left
No secret that I don't care about Snow family drama.. and moving from her father to her mother with seemingly a similar storyline is stupid. It isn't making her a better hero or person and it doesn't contribute anything to the team or show. Caitlyn hasn't done a thing of use all season that I can recall, but at least KF was there to fight Cicada and take him/her down a few times. If she left I wouldn't care.. Though I admit she's better now that the personality struggle is over and done for.

However, if they pulled a Professor Hulk and made KF permanent w/ Caitlyn's smarts, I wouldn't mind.

For any CW people lurking: NO ONE GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SNOW FAMILY DRAMA.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, the parting scene between Nora, Barry, and Iris kinda got me tearing up. It's such a believable moment for a parent to lose their kid.

Everything is leading to Crisis on Infinite Earths at this rate. I'm guessing Supergirl will have a teaser of it as well and maybe Legends too.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
This finale felt pretty weak in comparison to the previous ones when it comes to getting me excited for the next season. We got Crisis stuff, but that's obviously not going to be the entire season.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Another sad but satsifying finale. I'm suprised Nora went out like that. With Crisis being moved up it will be interesting to see if Barry still disappears and whether Nora is ever born.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/05/14...cene-answering-a-long-running-fan-question-b/

But, some fans asked, how old is she? Now that the events of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" have been moved up from 2024 to late 2019, will Nora even still be born? Those are good questions, hypothetical fans, and The Flash showrunner Todd Helbing assured us during an interview this week that he and the writers have also considered the question. In fact, they shot a scene to explain the time-travel mechanics of it... although that is not a scene that fans will get to see today, so maybe start saving your pennies for the Blu-ray edition with deleted scenes and a Comic-Con panel.

"It's funny -- we actually shot a scene that explained all of that, but we cut it ultimately from the episode," Helbing told ComicBook.com. "I'm sure it'll still show up at some point in the future, but you don't really need it in this episode anymore to understand exactly how that works. I don't want to reveal too much of that. But that question is going to get answered. Look, time travel stuff, for every answer you give there's a hundred more questions, but we try to answer as many as we can. I think big ones we certainly do this year."

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping when Thawne was telling how to save Nora he's going to say "go to this exact date and you better fuck Iris hard Barry Fuck Barry Fuck"

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It's mercifully over.

Cisco is going to need to learn a hard lesson from giving up his super useful powers if Carlos is actually sticking around after all. This show is still in super dire need of a major shake up. They've been using the same main set now for five seasons. I assumed the Crisis being moved up is at least one part why Nora got erased aside from the paradox she created but we'll see. If they ever get to ever actually having having kids on the show I imagine they'll end up with the twins instead. Now Barry has a response his dumbass messing with the time line and Diggle and Lyla's kid.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Finale sucked with the exception of the Thawne bits. Really tired of him using Wells face though. I enjoyed Letscher's version much more on LoT season 2 and it's a shame they don't use him anymore.

Only reason I'm even watching anymore is because of Crisis. Once that's over I'll probably drop the rest of these shows. Haven't enjoyed most of them in quite a long time.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Cisco taking will never not be dumb he's not killer frost or magneta he can just stop using his powers for crime fighting

Berserker976

Oct 27, 2017
If he still had his powers he would be tempted to be a hero and not lead a normal life. Like being a recovering alcoholic and keeping your house stocked with alcohol.
It's just like Uncle Ben said: "With great power comes great responsibility... unless you don't want the power, then you don't have any responsibility."

The problem with this analogy is that instead of alcoholism, it's saving human lives, and instead of alcohol, it's the ability to save human lives.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
My big takeaway: where the heck did Gracicada get the time bubble from? Didn't Team Flash locate both the present version and future version? Didn't they lock them back up again, maybe more securely this time?

And again, they got an alarm about the time bubble being stolen. In the future. How does that even work?

I love him, but I wish his villain voice was a bit more than just that whisper thing.

I dunno, I still kinda like the whisper thing. It makes it so Thawne has three modes:
  • Whisper thing - Thawne is toying with Barry.
  • Jovial normal voice - Thawne doesn't consider Barry a threat, is just hanging out, having a good time.
  • Shouting - Thawne is upset because of how stupid Barry is.

How would people feel if Caitlin left

She can't leave until we get that costume reveal they cheated us out of.

Of course, I'm just assuming it was a costume. It could have been lingerie or a sweater, I guess.

Preeeety much. Let me get rid of my highly useful powerset cause I have no self control. Makes sense.

Cisco sucks and basically never did any frontline stuff this season, anyway.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I pretty much lost my shit when there were two Chris Kleins on screen at once.

Best part of the season. Double the Kleins, Double the Fun.

Next season, feeling despondent at the daughter-shaped hole in their lives, Barry and Iris should adopt Gracie. Gracie then becomes a regular character, and each of her moral decisions are visualized by having little Chris Kleins appear on her shoulders to argue either side. Of course, they're wearing little angel and devil outfits.

Apart from the audience, only the season's Wells (Wells Disné , a Belgian control-freak animator) can see them.

It's a life sized Ronnie body pillow.

Just open next season by having Caitlin say "Cisco left forever, but he left us each a gift to remember him by."

Iris gets an Eddie pillow. Joe gets a chair pillow. Barry gets a Goldberg pillow.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Very bad season. But I'll admit the last scene revealing the time fuck up was very hype.

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Best part of the season. Double the Kleins, Double the Fun.

Next season, feeling despondent at the daughter-shaped hole in their lives, Barry and Iris should adopt Gracie. Gracie then becomes a regular character, and each of her moral decisions are visualized by having little Chris Kleins appear on her shoulders to argue either side. Of course, they're wearing little angel and devil outfits.

Apart from the audience, only the season's Wells (Wells Disné , a Belgian control-freak animator) can see them.

Just open next season by having Caitlin say "Cisco left forever, but he left us each a gift to remember him by."

Iris gets an Eddie pillow. Joe gets a chair pillow. Barry gets a Goldberg pillow.
No Barry gets a Patty Spivot pillow.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Overall a surprisingly good Finale for a generally terrible season.

Be interesting to see how they handle next season with crisis etc.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry this is the flash we probably won't even remember she exists

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I did really like the climax of the episode. Thawne getting free (although that makes no sense) and special-attacking everyone, Nora cancelling all that, Thawne schooling both of them, the bubble bonking Thawne, and the fun with powers were all really good. The show needs to be hype like that more often. Definitely better than the Burly Brawl wet fart last season. It's fun to see some back-and-forth, instead of Barry just getting entirely beaten, then coming back with one move that saves the day.

Heck, even Thawne talking to everyone was infinitely better than basically the rest of the season. Just the casual friendliness and almost affection balanced out by how much of an unrepentant dick he is does wonders with keeping me engaged, at least.

Melhadf

Dec 25, 2017
I was hoping when Thawne was telling how to save Nora he's going to say "go to this exact date and you better fuck Iris hard Barry Fuck Barry Fuck"

Just once I'd like the solution to be this, it's the most accurate to ensure that future child you know actually exists...

Barry, you have to climax at exactly 9:27:35am.... No coffee.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
the many faces of orlin

hYxtA2S.jpg

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I dunno, I still kinda like the whisper thing. It makes it so Thawne has three modes:
  • Whisper thing - Thawne is toying with Barry.
  • Jovial normal voice - Thawne doesn't consider Barry a threat, is just hanging out, having a good time.
  • Shouting - Thawne is upset because of how stupid Barry is.
LOL, fair enough. I, too, sometimes shout because of how stupid Barry is.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The disparity between the Legends and Flash writing room is amazing.

With Legends, they seem to build on things. Beebo is organically introduced over the course of a season for a big payoff at the end. A weird offhand joke like Gary's nipple being bit off becomes an important plot point later on. The Fairy Godmother comes back as a callback joke, and then as another important plot point. They also seem more willing (and able) to re-adjust on the fly - Biff was originally supposed to be full-on evil, until they found that wasn't working at all with the stuff they'd already done, and the actor, so they pivoted, and now we get the awesome theme park nonsense.

With Flash, it's the complete opposite. Stuff just happens, and in most cases everyone immediately forgets it. Stuff that seems like it will be going somewhere, like "this house is bitching", never goes anywhere satisfying. Half the characters that are introduced just abruptly wander off, never to be seen again. The show frequently wanders down plot cul-de-sacs. The writers just don't seem to have an understanding of how the show is progressing, or how it's being received.

It's mind-boggling that a show with way more characters that spans the entirety of time has much better characterization and a far more natural overall story arc progression than a show about basically six people who hang out in a concrete basement.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Thawne's cloning thing made no sense. If it was a speed mirage then it shouldn't be able to physically touch anybody yet it tripped Nora as they were running up/down the building. The one chasing Barry was the speed mirage while the one chasing Nora was the real one, which was the one who punched Barry. If it's a time remnant then it shouldn't have merged back together with Thawne afterwards. I guess it could be similar to what Godspeed did in the comics, but who knows.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was actually...a good episode? At least, everything after Cicada's defeat was. Thawne was an evil bastard, Crisis hype, Nora leaving was genuinely sad. Maybe she'll be back for Crisis?

Status
Not open for further replies.