The Flash S5 |OT| The Bitchin' House of Ls

Oct 25, 2017
I forget but was it Harry who said basically hes protected by the speedforce regardless of changes? Or does it only count for young Eobard Thawne.
I think it was Mat Eboard in Legends. Could be mistaken though.

And I believe he said he was a paradox, not so much protected by the Speedforce. He's just hard to erase

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like/ fear this was the final Flash vs. Cicada episode, and the next time we see Cicada, the next big bad of this season will kill Cicada to show how "menacing" they are.

Oct 25, 2017
Best way to think about Thawne is he has the same level of time-bullshit immunity Barry does, and unless specifically mentioned every incarnation of him has the exact same level of knowledge as the others. His powers are fueled by fanboy rage so he can do anything.

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't/isn't it a thing in the comics where Eobard can't ever truly be killed because he's a paradox or something like that?
Sorta kinda. even by the bullshit standards of speedsters him and Barry are pretty much physical gods. Then again I've only occasionally dipped into the latest batch of Flash comics.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like/ fear this was the final Flash vs. Cicada episode, and the next time we see Cicada, the next big bad of this season will kill Cicada to show how "menacing" they are.
If there's another big bad and they kill Cicada off the bat then I'm gonna be rooting for them more than Team Flash

Oct 25, 2017
I just assume at this point we're going to find out that the doctor has been keeping the girl sedated so our boy will go kill more Metas, he'll do some bullshit to redeem himself as he dies and then the girl will be shipped off.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to see Zoom Pt.2 but I don't trust them to pull off the drama.
--
I can't remember have they ever brought up the whole reverse speedforce thing on the show?

Oct 25, 2017
I just assume at this point we're going to find out that the doctor has been keeping the girl sedated so our boy will go kill more Metas, he'll do some bullshit to redeem himself as he dies and then the girl will be shipped off.
I've had a hunch that she's some kind of villain. Is there a doctor villain from the comics that would fit her?

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think there's some kind of significance to Barry's shoe being shown to be affected after the particle acceleration? Seems like a weird visual if it's just to show he's a speedster now

OP
OP
ZeroX
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I can't remember have they ever brought up the whole reverse speedforce thing on the show?
There's negative tachyons

It's pretty obvious who Nora got those from

Do you guys think there's some kind of significance to Barry's shoe being shown to be affected after the particle acceleration? Seems like a weird visual if it's just to show he's a speedster now
It's a reference to the pilot.

Oct 25, 2017
U.S.
I wonder if this will be their version of "The Return of Barry Allen"

I could see Nora being brainwashed into thinking that she's their child. I'm really interested to see where this goes.

Oct 25, 2017
Has Flashtime been used once this season?
Nah. We've gotten slow-mo scenes but nothing of Flashtime. It's weird how Barry made it seem like it's sort of 'on' all the time but the show made it seem like it's also not 'on' all the time?

I get that that's how Speedster's view the world but..... That whole debacle is stupid because of the frozen nuke and everything. So it's literally a Plot Force Speed Force ability.

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. We've gotten slow-mo scenes but nothing of Flashtime. It's weird how Barry made it seem like it's sort of 'on' all the time but the show made it seem like it's also not 'on' all the time?

I get that that's how Speedster's view the world but..... That whole debacle is stupid because of the frozen nuke and everything. So it's literally a Plot Force Speed Force ability.
Flashtime is the worst thing the show has ever done. Barry could have taken Cicada and put him in the meta jail cell with it but nah, he's gotta be a Monologue Mark

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if you guys like Ign or not, I seen a video recommended for me just now that they posted today, explaining how Eobard is alive and his timeline. It was alright, they still brush over on how he was alive after legends of tomorrow for Crisis on Earth X, but it wasn't too bad. I do like a theory she had as to why Eobard has the face of Wells still and Blondish hair like his actual self which I didnt even notice. I can't post the link because my phone sucks.
Flashtime is the worst thing the show has ever done. Barry could have taken Cicada and put him in the meta jail cell with it but nah, he's gotta be a Monologue Mark
IGN says theres a difference between how he is erased in season 1 of flash and season 2 of legends, that season 2 of legends he is sent to the speed force prison, and cisco is the one that breaks them out. Ill by that. Its a simple fix

Nov 30, 2017
IGN says theres a difference between how he is erased in season 1 of flash and season 2 of legends, that season 2 of legends he is sent to the speed force prison, and cisco is the one that breaks them out. Ill by that. Its a simple fix
Man I must be so out of it right now, my mind skipped what the video said lol. Yeah I can see that happening, being trapped in the speed force too and escaping along side flash.

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta nerf Team Flash somehow 🤷

Here's something to make y'all just a bit more annoyed about Barry's speed, lol. One person has done the math...... And yes it is stupidly fast:

Oct 25, 2017
In short...... Barry was moving around 99% the SPEED OF LIGHT. Walking, running, slight jogging, talking, planning, etc.

That's not even ResetEra standard though.

OP
OP
ZeroX
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Thawne is implying that Dawn was erased from the timeline. Dawn was probably the name of his daughter in the OG timeline - and had a twin brother called Don - Nora was named after Barry's mother in the current/post-Flashpoint timeline where she died early.

Keym

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, he's probably talking about the original Barry I guess, but that line also sounds bitter to me, like he can't have kids of his own.

Which would be a nice angle for the Dawn/Thawne relationship.

Oct 27, 2017
That episode was good...until Cicado showed up, then it ended good when he fucking flew away in the most hilarious fashion possible.

I'll take Ricardo Diaz over Cicada any day of the week.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh did Nora go into the future to see Thawne? I thought it looked like she crossed state lines to see him or something lol