• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
My problem with the leaks is that it feels cleverer than what the writers are capable of.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
Not much they can do if his hair is different and he's always on set directing lol

True but it's pretty jarring to be honest, not as weird as the scene with Season one Thawne's hair style as he's giving the speech to the crowd compared to when he is about to activate the particle accelarator and senses Barry and nora minutes later.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Taking the leaks into account if they're real my guess is this.

At the end of next week's crossover Supergirl's Earth is going to be merged with the earth of the Arrowverse proper. Elseworld's is basiclly a crisis without being able to use the name thank's to last years crossover. Merging the universe's from a story perspective would explain Nora explaining things like the league, Cicada , and even her being a member of the legion. It also allow's for a non convoluted way for Supergirl/Batwoman to have their eventual team up next year.

As far as timelines i don't think they really care. I know the Arrow EP said that the future we see in Arrow isn't the sameone saw in legends despite the fact they seem to share alot of points of interest.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017

At the end of next week's crossover Supergirl's Earth is going to be merged with the earth of the Arrowverse proper. Elseworld's is basiclly a crisis without being able to use the name thank's to last years crossover. Merging the universe's from a story perspective would explain Nora explaining things like the league, Cicada , and even her being a member of the legion. It also allow's for a non convoluted way for Supergirl/Batwoman to have their eventual team up next year.

As far as timelines i don't think they really care. I know the Arrow EP said that the future we see in Arrow isn't the sameone saw in legends despite the fact they seem to share alot of points of interest.

Merging Supergirl's Earth might be incredibly hard right now. With the current story of the government pushing back against aliens & the general population rising up against them; it might be hard to introduce aliens & all that into a different Earth that's already dealing with citizens against meta humans & vigilantes. It feels like a lot to pile up to make Flash's own convoluted story make sense. Honestly, I think merging the Earth's just isn't gonna happen. They could've done it a lot easier with Flashpoint screwing up the multiverse when Supergirl first came to the Cw & they decided against it. I think Supergirl will probably stay her own Earth. It's not like Earth hopping has become any sort of issue for anyone involved. They all have little devices that open portals at this point.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

The thing about Nora's future explanations is that if the worlds aren't merged yet, their timelines aren't merged either. So there would be a Legion of (whatever) regardless of whether or not the worlds get merged.

If they do a full Earth merge after next Tuesday, it will essentially mean Earth-1 is an entirely new Earth-1, with a timeline completely disconnected from the future Nora originally came from.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Quit with this logic.

I just want all my shows on one earth, and there to be a justice league and Green Arrow teaming up with Black Lightning. Is that too much to ask for.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the need for merge earths anyway the different shows don't even interact that much anyway, you have dimension hopping so it's a non issue plus too much baggage with the alien immigrants.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
if the earth's merge does that mean 999 out of 1000 aliens will be evil because of "reasons" like metahumans?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I've always found the behaviour of Eobard Wells to be so at odds with the behaviour and mannerism of the actual Eobard. And I don't just mean how he was in Legends where he's comical obviously because of the light hearted tone of the series, but even when he was himself in this series he behaved very differently than Eobard Wells. Who is just Tom Kavanaugh persona #1

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It is funny, I'm supporting Cicada's wish to wipe out all metahumans based on The Flash and his friends.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I've always found the behaviour of Eobard Wells to be so at odds with the behaviour and mannerism of the actual Eobard. And I don't just mean how he was in Legends where he's comical obviously because of the light hearted tone of the series, but even when he was himself in this series he behaved very differently than Eobard Wells. Who is just Tom Kavanaugh persona #1
Yep, but they did explain that in season 1.

Eobard Wells isn't 100% Eobard. He's still got a bit of Wells' mannerisms and thoughts and feelings and all that.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I'm so confused about the Thawne stuff now... Didn't he go back in time to make sure the particle accelerator blew up so that Flash would be created? But then in last night's episode, Barry said he went back to kill Barry's mom so that Flash would NOT be created. I thought he needed both things to happen so that he would become The Flash?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

I forget, did they ever bring up anything about personality bleed as part of the body-stealing process?

I could see Eobard normally being a goofier guy, but Wells was a bit more even and driven, and that bled over into Thawne.

They could also explain it with Wellsobard being further along the timeline - Matt Eobard is goofier because he's young and hasn't been defeated by a moron seventy times yet. Wellsobard is harder as a result.

I did really like how Wellsobard went from being super intense as he was feeling them and the situation out to offering them water and casually chatting with them. Wellsobard rules.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Man I missed Thawne.

Also did I miss an episode where Thawne was imprisoned or is this a new development? Last I remember seeing him was the last crossover.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I forget, did they ever bring up anything about personality bleed as part of the body-stealing process?

I could see Eobard normally being a goofier guy, but Wells was a bit more even and driven, and that bled over into Thawne.

They could also explain it with Wellsobard being further along the timeline - Matt Eobard is goofier because he's young and hasn't been defeated by a moron seventy times yet. Wellsobard is harder as a result.

I did really like how Wellsobard went from being super intense as he was feeling them and the situation out to offering them water and casually chatting with them. Wellsobard rules.
Doesn't Eobard Wells turn into Matt Eobard near the end of season 1 anyway? Meaning the identity change was never permanent.

You could say that the Matt Eobard in Legends is goofy due to inexperience since he's basically from the time when he was suppose to kill Barry's mother and hasn't experienced the Wells life. Plus he's a time ghost of sort. But the Matt Eobard you see later in The Flash (when Flash keeps him hostage) is the "experienced one". Yet he's goofy too.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused about the Thawne stuff now... Didn't he go back in time to make sure the particle accelerator blew up so that Flash would be created? But then in last night's episode, Barry said he went back to kill Barry's mom so that Flash would NOT be created. I thought he needed both things to happen so that he would become The Flash?

Thawne traveled back in time to kill Barry's mom to try and stop him from becoming the Flash. When he did that, he lost his ability to time travel because interfering with the timeline fucked up his connection to the Speed Force. Once he was stuck in the past, he realized he had to make sure Barry did become the Flash so that he could use him to get back to his own time, so he stole Harrison Wells' life and ensured the particle accelerator blew up, giving Barry his powers early and diverging the timeline a second time.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wasn't the idea that him killing Nora fucked himself over , so he took over Wells and he himself had to create the flash eariler to survive.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Good way to celebrate episode one hundred, but still this was funny as hell.

ke50qud5ze221.png
I have a theory. The first one you see is what the season 2 Barry sees. The 2nd one is what current Barry saw before the season 2 Barry saw him...and as we know when he said goodbye to current Barry he ran back to the room in time to greet season 2 Barry.

So it's simple, his hair got disheaveled while running back! No continuity broken !

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Thawne traveled back in time to kill Barry's mom to try and stop him from becoming the Flash. When he did that, he lost his ability to time travel because interfering with the timeline fucked up his connection to the Speed Force. Once he was stuck in the past, he realized he had to make sure Barry did become the Flash so that he could use him to get back to his own time, so he stole Harrison Wells' life and ensured the particle accelerator blew up, giving Barry his powers early and diverging the timeline a second time.
Ah yes, I had them backwards. Still... If Thawne's first plan was to stop the Flash from being created, wouldn't he then NOT become the Reverse Flash? I have a bad memory when it comes to these shows previous seasons.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
I have a heory. The first one you see is what the season 2 Barry sees. The 2nd one is what current Barry saw before the season 2 Barry saw him...and as we know when he said goodbye to current Barry he ran back to the room in time to greet season 2 Barry.

So it's simple, his hair got dishes eled while running back! No continuity broken !

I'm sorry, but WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yes, I had them backwards. Still... If Thawne's first plan was to stop the Flash from being created, wouldn't he then NOT become the Reverse Flash? I have a bad memory when it comes to these shows previous seasons.

Thawne's motivation is fundamentally broken, yes. He was inspired to become a speedster by the Flash and then found out that the Flash was his greatest nemesis and it broke him. Stopping Barry from becoming the Flash would in turn stop HIM from becoming Reverse-Flash, which itself would likely mess the timeline up even more.

The part of this that's hard to reconcile is that Thawne very clearly wants to stay alive. If he could, he'd find a way to paradox himself into an existence where Barry dies but he manages to survive, similar to what he did with the Spear of Destiny. But beyond that, he knows Barry has to be alive to keep himself from being consumed by time itself. This is why he settles for just fucking with Barry's life as much as possible nowadays rather than trying to kill him. If you can't kill him, make him miserable.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Thawne's motivation is fundamentally broken, yes. He was inspired to become a speedster by the Flash and then found out that the Flash was his greatest nemesis and it broke him. Stopping Barry from becoming the Flash would in turn stop HIM from becoming Reverse-Flash, which itself would likely mess the timeline up even more.

The part of this that's hard to reconcile is that Thawne very clearly wants to stay alive. If he could, he'd find a way to paradox himself into an existence where Barry dies but he manages to survive, similar to what he did with the Spear of Destiny. But beyond that, he knows Barry has to be alive to keep himself from being consumed by time itself. This is why he settles for just fucking with Barry's life as much as possible nowadays rather than trying to kill him. If you can't kill him, make him miserable.
Alright, chock it up to Thawne just being crazy then.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, chock it up to Thawne just being crazy then.

The easier way to put it is just to consider that Thawne didn't think his initial time travel trip through very well, and that's why the Speed Force reacted by trapping him in the past. It basically sentenced him to fix his own mistake, because if he tried to go back to the future in a timeline where Barry was never the Flash he would cease to exist, which in turn would prevent him from killing Nora, which would mean Barry DID become the Flash, and time would essentially slam into a feedback loop where both Flash and Reverse Flash exist and don't exist at the same time.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
The easier way to put it is just to consider that Thawne didn't think his initial time travel trip through very well, and that's why the Speed Force reacted by trapping him in the past. It basically sentenced him to fix his own mistake, because if he tried to go back to the future in a timeline where Barry was never the Flash he would cease to exist, which in turn would prevent him from killing Nora, which would mean Barry DID become the Flash, and time would essentially slam into a feedback loop where both Flash and Reverse Flash exist and don't exist at the same time.
Yeah, now that I understand, lol. I try to always think of time travel shows/movies with the base rule that whatever "time" we see our main characters start in as "timeline prime" which means you can make changes to it and not get caught in time loops.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's like the Zelda timeline. Best not to try to make sense of it all. Only going to lead to confusion. lol

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I really enjoyed this episode up until they got back to Cicada. All this mysterious Thawne fuckery is exactly what I want. It's sad that they can't seem to make anything as compelling as that, which we we already got in the first season of the show, though.

Sherloque is absolutely some version of Thawne. If he's not then that "clever girl" thing is just the worst misleading thing ever, lmao. Not that I'd put it past the writers, but still.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
So everyone likes the episode till Cicada popped up and plan failed because everyone was being idiot and there's an entire season left

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So everyone likes the episode till Cicada popped up and plan failed because everyone was being idiot and there's an entire season left
It feels like this episode would've been better to have whenever they actually plan on having Cicada be captured/killed, but they wanted to do this concept for the 100th episode. There's no way that the resolution to Cicada's arc is going to be as satisfying as going back in time to steal components from all the villains to make a weapon.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Also about Zoom I think everyone is just chalking it up as the wraith putting him back to where he was supposed to be. I don't think he was taken early. Also I did like the scene when the particle accelerator going off showing where everyone was at the time, also Nora and Henry moment was a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.