• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
The whole going back in the past to collect items could've been the whole episode and I would've been fine because I really love these types of episodes where they reference past stuff.

The execution of the plan against Cicada should've been on the next episode, but I realize they had the crossover coming so. Womp womp.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah the whole cicada plot just ruined it. This would of been perfect to take down cicada in time for the crossover. Also okay Killer Frost is immune to the Dagger but Superman and Super Girl arent?

Branaghs

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, Tom Cavanaugh stole the whole show in the 3 mins of him acting as Thawne. His portrayal is so good.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I had a thought. I figure Zoom escapes and things proceed as normal. He's resourceful like that. What if this event is what basically puts him on the time wraiths radar in a big way and that is part of why they go after him the way they do at the end of season 2. Granted there was a lot of fucking with the speedforce at that moment but they aimed right for Zoom and left Barry alone. True Barry had just left it but I don't recall him leaving it horrible terms. Not to the point they'd want to punish him. That happens later. If that wraith saw how close Zoom was to catching Barry and Nora perhaps that was the moment they figured he would be a good candditate to be their enforcer and the idea to create the Black Flash was born and they decided to do it at the next opportunity.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the whole cicada plot just ruined it. This would of been perfect to take down cicada in time for the crossover. Also okay Killer Frost is immune to the Dagger but Superman and Super Girl arent?
I already said but they established long before this they it just absorbs dark matter so kryptonians wouldn't be affected but I guess Cicada is so strong and shut up

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I had a thought. I figure Zoom escapes and things proceed as normal. He's resourceful like that. What if this event is what basically puts him on the time wraiths radar in a big way and that is part of why they go after him the way they do at the end of season 2. Granted there was a lot of fucking with the speedforce at that moment but they aimed right for Zoom and left Barry alone. True Barry had just left it but I don't recall him leaving it horrible terms. Not to the point they'd want to punish him. That happens later. If that wraith saw how close Zoom was to catching Barry and Nora perhaps that was the moment they figured he would be a good candditate to be their enforcer and the idea to create the Black Flash was born and they decided to do it at the next opportunity.

I thought the reason the Time Wraiths were mad at Zoom specifically was because he just kept constantly making time remnants of himself to fuck with Barry.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a better way to celebrate the 100th episode than for it to be an episode where Barry fucks up spectacularly. There isn't a more fitting way to end a Flash 100th episode..

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of a better way to celebrate the 100th episode than for it to be an episode where Barry fucks up spectacularly. There isn't a more fitting way to end a Flash 100th episode..

I'm putting the L precisely on Cisco's shoulders this time. He could've vibed the dagger to another Earth entirely and instead he threw it into space.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
This is all on Cisco. Yeah I vibed your dagger to space and then Ill tell you what I did. How hard would it of been to just vibe it to earth 2 or a barren earth lol.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
There is actually a barren Earth they know about as too. That said he could have vibed it closer to the sun as well. Though in their defense they had no way to know he could command that dagger that far away. It was beyond the Earth's pull from the looks of it and going away from it. There is usually a limit on how far powers extend and not unreasonable thinking that distance would work. I'm not going to hold that against them to much in the end. The plan was ultimately working. Even if Cisco didn't say anything it looks like he could still feel it or would have tried summoning it at some point.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I'm putting the L precisely on Cisco's shoulders this time. He could've vibed the dagger to another Earth entirely and instead he threw it into space.
This is all on Cisco. Yeah I vibed your dagger to space and then Ill tell you what I did. How hard would it of been to just vibe it to earth 2 or a barren earth lol.
Nah in that entire time that Cicada was recalling the dagger, Barry could have immediately put him in the pipeline and at the same time make an entire Christmas feast and even set up tables and shit

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah I know I just wanted them to wrap up Cicada before the crossover. I wonder if hell be gone for a bit then new arcs or of they will finish his arc after the crossover.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I would've liked if they did breach the dagger to another Earth, and Cicada still managed to call back it and him literally cutting through spacetime is what brings the Monitor to Earth-1 in Elseworlds

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
Well that was pointless.

I mean the character stuff was alright, but to go through all that and literally just have the dude get away again so now absolutely nothing has changed? Lame as hell.

We should have been done with Cicada this week and have the Reverse Flash plot take up the rest of the season.

This show sucks.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
DtqrW8jXQAIx0g2.jpg

a Christmas miracle

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was pointless.

I mean the character stuff was alright, but to go through all that and literally just have the dude get away again so now absolutely nothing has changed? Lame as hell.

We should have been done with Cicada this week and have the Reverse Flash plot take up the rest of the season.

This show sucks.

To be entirely fair, Cicada has barely even interacted with Team Flash thus far this season. It would be weird if they finished him off this quickly. That being said, yeah, it was kind of lame that the entire episode's plot was kind of rendered pointless because Cisco didn't portal the dagger anywhere helpful. It would've stung a lot less if the device actually made some progress for the team.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I thought this episode was incredible. The entire episode was perfectly directed. Perfect use of nostalgia.

Barry & Nora have great chemistry. The scene when he reveals how his mom died and the other scene where they're watching his parents were so perfect.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Aside: did they really get Robbie Amell in for like two background shots and that's it, or did they just composite him in with green screen? I know his close-up during the particle accelerator explosion was archive footage from season 1.

Remember the last time the team made a device to fight off the big bad? At least no one died this time around.

Just that time remnant of Zoom, I guess.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I like the implication that Future Barry and possibly other people are constantly lurking in the background of every scene.

If I was directing the show, I'd have body double Barrys hiding behind tables and just around corners and stuff like the ghosts on The Haunting of Hill House. Mostly just as easter eggs, but maybe also have an overt Extra Barry show up at a climactic moment to really sell that it's important because he came back to it for some reason.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I like the implication that Future Barry and possibly other people are constantly lurking in the background of every scene.

If I was directing the show, I'd have body double Barrys hiding behind tables and just around corners and stuff like the ghosts on The Haunting of Hill House. Mostly just as easter eggs, but maybe also have an overt Extra Barry show up at a climactic moment to really sell that it's important because he came back to it for some reason.

One of these days we're gonna go back and rewatch season 1 and there's gonna be a Future Future Barry and Thawne in the background arm wrestling.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017

As far as we know as soon as Season 5 Barry and Season 2 Barry left that time, season 7 Barry asked Eobard for help too.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That scene with Robbie Amell in it really stands out... You can tell it's old, unlike some of the older scenes.

Though, I think that is likely due to that background screen tint they added in Season 1 for "flashbacks". But still makes it seem odd going from that tinted background to regular as they switch angles.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That one confused me. Was it a remnant? I thought it was the real Zoom and that the timeline was going to go bonkers after he died.

It's Zoom, you can pretty much count on all of his appearances except for his final death being remnants. That was kind of his thing - he definitely wouldn't charge into the Speed Force on his own without leaving insurance behind.

That scene with Robbie Amell in it really stands out... You can tell it's old, unlike some of the older scenes.

Though, I think that is likely due to that background screen tint they added in Season 1 for "flashbacks". But still makes it seem odd going from that tinted background to regular as they switch angles.

The shot of Stein blowing up was old too, yeah. And then you can also tell some of the archive footage based entirely on how Caitlin's hair looks. Panabaker changed her hair pretty distinctly from year to year.

Oct 25, 2017
So OG Zoom got body jacked by Death Zoom in the Speedforce, that has to be an issue somewhere down the line.
--
And obviously I have a lot of problems the writing this season, but setting up a legitimate reason for Nora to be upset with her mother and conceivably end up partnering with Thawne because he's the person who aside from her mother knows her father the best is pretty damn good.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
So OG Zoom got body jacked by Death Zoom in the Speedforce, that has to be an issue somewhere down the line.
--
And obviously I have a lot of problems the writing this season, but setting up a legitimate reason for Nora to be upset with her mother and conceivably end up partnering with Thawne because he's the person who aside from her mother knows her father the best is pretty damn good.

That was just a regular Time Wraith. Black Flash/Zombie Zoom is a full-body manifestation.

Oct 25, 2017
Before the end of this season, we're gonna find out that the entire reason Thawne really wants to go home is because he just wants HIS Barry back.
Imagine dedicating most of your life to worshipping this heroic figure from about a thousand years in the past to the point of developing an obsession and psychotic love hate relationship with them, then accidentally fucking the timeline up so bad they become a worthless ineffectual moron.

Thawne is living his worst possible life.
--
That was just a regular Time Wraith. Black Flash/Zombie Zoom is a full-body manifestation.
Ah okay, I thought I saw a bit of the torn mask but you're right.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
You know what, as much as we all love Eobard, are we sure hes not the biggest chump in the Arrowverse? He lost to a season 1 barry, well Eddie. His Time Remnant lost to the Legends even though he did rewrite history, he also lost when he not only had a Nazi Green Arrow and Kryptonian. Dude still loses clearly since he still goes with Barry back in time to that night lol

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Before the end of this season, we're gonna find out that the entire reason Thawne really wants to go home is because he just wants HIS Barry back.

This would be good lol. He can't handle how dumb these offset timelines of Barry Allen are.

The true Irony is that its all Eobards fault and he created this incompetent version of Barry that he still loses to.

This is also quite funny and ironic. Who made current Barry dumb? That's right. Why do you lose to current Barry? Overconfidence lol. Our Barry is dumb but he somehow still beats Thawne from time to time.

Like PlanetSmasher said about Zoom. His MO, besides getting faster-er, was abusing time and Time Wraiths. You don't know which Zoom you're interacting with unless it's Black Flash.

The episode wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. I agree with everybody that it was good until they fought Cicada like a bunch of dumbasses with their monologues and Talk no Jutsu.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
You know what, as much as we all love Eobard, are we sure hes not the biggest chump in the Arrowverse? He lost to a season 1 barry, well Eddie. His Time Remnant lost to the Legends even though he did rewrite history, he also lost when he not only had a Nazi Green Arrow and Kryptonian. Dude still loses clearly since he still goes with Barry back in time to that night lol

Eh, if Eddie hadn't shot himself Thawne would've won handily there. It's not Thawne's fault Eddie was the ballsiest man in the entire Arrowverse.

It just means he was...dead wrong...about his ancestor.

Oct 25, 2017
He wrecked Barry's life before he ever knew he existed and so I'm going to say he won early and everything else is a victory lap. Also no one could've expected Eddie was actually the biggest coolest hero ever.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also, Sherlocke is not Thawne Wells, right? He just... happened to say the same line as Thawne in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.