• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Stole from reddit but I don't care I love that look Zoom had when he saw Nora
jua0ar5teh221.png

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Also, Sherlocke is not Thawne Wells, right? He just... happened to say the same line as Thawne in the past?

I'd say it was too obvious and thus a red herring, but this is still the show that had somebody say "I'm the future Flash" and then spent the next twenty episodes pretending everyone hadn't immediately caught on, so..

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
So everyone likes the episode till Cicada popped up and plan failed because everyone was being idiot and there's an entire season left
This could have been one of the best episodes if this was the episode they beat Cicada.

Cisco sending it to space didn't bother me. I just assumed he was too weak from his earlier encounter with Cicada to vibe it to another earth, so he did the best he could.

Cicso still showing up as vibe everywhere makes his "death" episode pointless though.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
why does thawne get a computer in his cell
Same issue I had. I think they forgot he was supposed to be imprisoned when they wrote the scene. As Flash writers say constantly... "We forgot".

I saw the outside of the prison and thought he'd have some portable Gideon communicator hidden somewhere, not a big ass Gideon interface. wtf. Maybe every cell has one for prisoner rehabilitation reasons. *shrug* It's not a full Gideon, but runs on windows 10 or something.

Stole from reddit but I don't care I love that look Zoom had when he saw Nora
jua0ar5teh221.png
LMAO

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It's weird that Nora could just run into prison. I could buy that they've improved the dampening tech so it doesn't affect the hallways in the future, but they've established that they have at least Speedster-detecting cameras in the present day.

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that Nora could just run into prison. I could buy that they've improved the dampening tech so it doesn't affect the hallways in the future, but they've established that they have at least Speedster-detecting cameras in the present day.

Plot twist: The warden of the future prison is Matt Thawne from even further in the future crossing his own timeline.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I wonder if it's a fake-out and it's not actually a prison.

Maybe they made the prison the Flash Museum and just made a fake Speed Lab display.

Or maybe Barry just killed all his enemies so there was no need for a prison and Eobard picked it up for a song.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not sure what a computer could do for Thawne? We don't even know the computer's limitations. Maybe it's only able to receive messages from Nora.

Fantastic episode, right up until the Cicada bit. I felt like this should have been his end. He's not a good enough villain to go the whole season.

I honestly half expected Nora to be mad that Iris shot Savitar Barry. "You killed Dad!" or some nonsense. Nora sucks.

Who is Dawn Allen and what does Thawne have to do with her not being there

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
The episode was fun, but I think they could have used some of the past characters a bit more. Especially Savitar, they were pretty much just standing in the background and not interacting with that time period in anyway. Arrow's 100th felt more like a big anniversary episode than this did. Loved the ending twist though, that's going to be super interesting to see play out.

But my god, my family and I were all screaming at the TV when they let Cicada get away. That's the stupidest the team has ever been on the show and it was the perfect opportunity to wrap up the Cicada plot and start to move into a new arc. Also the nurse who's helping Cicada showing up at STAR Labs in response to the particle accelerator explosion has to be significant in some way, feels like a pointless cameo to have otherwise.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm really not sure what a computer could do for Thawne? We don't even know the computer's limitations. Maybe it's only able to receive messages from Nora.

Fantastic episode, right up until the Cicada bit. I felt like this should have been his end. He's not a good enough villain to go the whole season.

I honestly half expected Nora to be mad that Iris shot Savitar Barry. "You killed Dad!" or some nonsense. Nora sucks.

Who is Dawn Allen and what does Thawne have to do with her not being there
Dawn Allen is the name of Barrys Daughter in the comics. Thawne mentioned at least you have one. Either its just a comic reference or the Original timeline Thawne is from Barry had twins like in the comics.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Idk if you guys like Ign or not, I seen a video recommended for me just now that they posted today, explaining how Eobard is alive and his timeline. It was alright, they still brush over on how he was alive after legends of tomorrow for Crisis on Earth X, but it wasn't too bad. I do like a theory she had as to why Eobard has the face of Wells still and Blondish hair like his actual self which I didnt even notice. I can't post the link because my phone sucks.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Idk if you guys like Ign or not, I seen a video recommended for me just now that they posted today, explaining how Eobard is alive and his timeline. It was alright, they still brush over on how he was alive after legends of tomorrow for Crisis on Earth X, but it wasn't too bad. I do like a theory she had as to why Eobard has the face of Wells still and Blondish hair like his actual self which I didnt even notice. I can't post the link because my phone sucks.
The Eobard during Crisis was a different timeline Eobard I believe. Who knows though. I'm just rolling with it.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I forget but was it Harry who said basically hes protected by the speedforce regardless of changes? Or does it only count for young Eobard Thawne.
I think it was Mat Eboard in Legends. Could be mistaken though.

And I believe he said he was a paradox, not so much protected by the Speedforce. He's just hard to erase

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wasn't/isn't it a thing in the comics where Eobard can't ever truly be killed because he's a paradox or something like that?

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like/ fear this was the final Flash vs. Cicada episode, and the next time we see Cicada, the next big bad of this season will kill Cicada to show how "menacing" they are.

Oct 25, 2017
Best way to think about Thawne is he has the same level of time-bullshit immunity Barry does, and unless specifically mentioned every incarnation of him has the exact same level of knowledge as the others. His powers are fueled by fanboy rage so he can do anything.

Oct 25, 2017
I just assume at this point we're going to find out that the doctor has been keeping the girl sedated so our boy will go kill more Metas, he'll do some bullshit to redeem himself as he dies and then the girl will be shipped off.

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to see Zoom Pt.2 but I don't trust them to pull off the drama.
--
I can't remember have they ever brought up the whole reverse speedforce thing on the show?

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I just assume at this point we're going to find out that the doctor has been keeping the girl sedated so our boy will go kill more Metas, he'll do some bullshit to redeem himself as he dies and then the girl will be shipped off.
I've had a hunch that she's some kind of villain. Is there a doctor villain from the comics that would fit her?

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think there's some kind of significance to Barry's shoe being shown to be affected after the particle acceleration? Seems like a weird visual if it's just to show he's a speedster now

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I can't remember have they ever brought up the whole reverse speedforce thing on the show?
There's negative tachyons

It's pretty obvious who Nora got those from

Do you guys think there's some kind of significance to Barry's shoe being shown to be affected after the particle acceleration? Seems like a weird visual if it's just to show he's a speedster now
It's a reference to the pilot.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Amunet and Cicada for new members of the Legends team for season 5.

Amunet replaces Sara. Cicada replaces Rory

Status
Not open for further replies.