• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I wonder if this will be their version of "The Return of Barry Allen"

I could see Nora being brainwashed into thinking that she's their child. I'm really interested to see where this goes.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Has Flashtime been used once this season?

Nah. We've gotten slow-mo scenes but nothing of Flashtime. It's weird how Barry made it seem like it's sort of 'on' all the time but the show made it seem like it's also not 'on' all the time?

I get that that's how Speedster's view the world but..... That whole debacle is stupid because of the frozen nuke and everything. So it's literally a Plot Force Speed Force ability.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. We've gotten slow-mo scenes but nothing of Flashtime. It's weird how Barry made it seem like it's sort of 'on' all the time but the show made it seem like it's also not 'on' all the time?

I get that that's how Speedster's view the world but..... That whole debacle is stupid because of the frozen nuke and everything. So it's literally a Plot Force Speed Force ability.
Flashtime is the worst thing the show has ever done. Barry could have taken Cicada and put him in the meta jail cell with it but nah, he's gotta be a Monologue Mark

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk if you guys like Ign or not, I seen a video recommended for me just now that they posted today, explaining how Eobard is alive and his timeline. It was alright, they still brush over on how he was alive after legends of tomorrow for Crisis on Earth X, but it wasn't too bad. I do like a theory she had as to why Eobard has the face of Wells still and Blondish hair like his actual self which I didnt even notice. I can't post the link because my phone sucks.
Flashtime is the worst thing the show has ever done. Barry could have taken Cicada and put him in the meta jail cell with it but nah, he's gotta be a Monologue Mark

IGN says theres a difference between how he is erased in season 1 of flash and season 2 of legends, that season 2 of legends he is sent to the speed force prison, and cisco is the one that breaks them out. Ill by that. Its a simple fix

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
IGN says theres a difference between how he is erased in season 1 of flash and season 2 of legends, that season 2 of legends he is sent to the speed force prison, and cisco is the one that breaks them out. Ill by that. Its a simple fix
Man I must be so out of it right now, my mind skipped what the video said lol. Yeah I can see that happening, being trapped in the speed force too and escaping along side flash.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Gotta nerf Team Flash somehow 🤷

Here's something to make y'all just a bit more annoyed about Barry's speed, lol. One person has done the math...... And yes it is stupidly fast:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
In short...... Barry was moving around 99% the SPEED OF LIGHT. Walking, running, slight jogging, talking, planning, etc.

That's not even ResetEra standard though.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Thawne is implying that Dawn was erased from the timeline. Dawn was probably the name of his daughter in the OG timeline - and had a twin brother called Don - Nora was named after Barry's mother in the current/post-Flashpoint timeline where she died early.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, he's probably talking about the original Barry I guess, but that line also sounds bitter to me, like he can't have kids of his own.

Which would be a nice angle for the Dawn/Thawne relationship.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
That episode was good...until Cicado showed up, then it ended good when he fucking flew away in the most hilarious fashion possible.

I'll take Ricardo Diaz over Cicada any day of the week.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Oh did Nora go into the future to see Thawne? I thought it looked like she crossed state lines to see him or something lol

Anthony Mooch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing will be dumber than that episode where Barry ran to China and back in 6 seconds and got caught by a 2001 digital camera

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Why did Cicada bother putting on his costume before going out anyway

And why does Thawne keep wearing Wells' face

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Barry still has one Nora because his mother is dead
original.gif

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We've barely seen him interact with Barry. He should ditch the Wells persona and start showing up as Eomatt.

Letscher might be busy. Either that or just Tom has that much pull with the writers (which seems likely considering from the sounds of it, he comes up with the new Wells personas himself)

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Honestly, I'm happy with Cavanagh having a lot of sway. I'm not a fan of his propensity for weirdly-accented stereotypes, but he otherwise single-handledly elevates the show quite a bit.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tom and Grant have a lot of chemistry. It works especially well with Barry's seething anger and Wells' hatred

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Mmm. Wholeheartedly disagree. Matt doesn't hold a candle to Tom Cavanagh
As an actor, sure. When it comes to the emotional pull of Eobard Wells in the first season, absolutely. But when it comes to portraying the rage, insanity of an older defeated Wells, no. Flashpoint Eobard is a lot more intriguing than repeat Eobard Wells. Barry showing up, him realizing he keeps failing, never does really change him. Never brings something new forward in the character. He plays him bored.

tumblr_ofiomny4WM1qfqoxjo1_500.gif

It might be the endless parade of Wells that makes these repeats uninteresting. Maybe it is because Harry did the pained Wells better than Eobard Wells does it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'm happy with Cavanagh having a lot of sway. I'm not a fan of his propensity for weirdly-accented stereotypes, but he otherwise single-handledly elevates the show quite a bit.

He's probably the most consistently talented actor in the main cast. Jesse Martin would be, but there's a fair number of episodes where you can tell Martin's running on fumes or just not feeling the material he's been given. When he's on, he's bloody on, but he's not always on.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hard no from me. I love Matt's Thawne, and think he's the best antagonist on the show.

I don't know. Matt's version of the character is pure evil - he's good at that element of the character but he doesn't really play a Thawne who knows and, in spite of himself, cares about Team Flash even as he tries to fuck them over.

The "you've been dead for centuries" scene wouldn't work with Matt.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I don't know. Matt's version of the character is pure evil - he's good at that element of the character but he doesn't really play a Thawne who knows and, in spite of himself, cares about Team Flash even as he tries to fuck them over.

The "you've been dead for centuries" scene wouldn't work with Matt.
That's largely contextual, though. Matt's Thawne has always been a pre-Team Flash version, so he has no reason to care about any of them (yet).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That's largely contextual, though. Matt's Thawne has always been a pre-Team Flash version, so he has no reason to care about any of them (yet).

Which is why the Legends Thawne is so confusing because he mentions working with the STAR Labs team on at least two occasions during his Legion of Doom run.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Which is why the Legends Thawne is so confusing because he mentions working with the STAR Labs team on at least two occasions during his Legion of Doom run.
As much as I enjoyed that story, I think it's problematic for the timeline of The Flash anyway, so it's best not to think too hard about it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I think every arrowverse big picture villain should get a do over in Legends. Merlym, Thawne, and Darhk were hamming it up good that season

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
They're Mike and Joel, or Kirk and Picard. Both good, but in different ways.

I prefer Cavanagh Thawne right now, because he reminded me how much I love it when you can't tell which way he's going to go. When he's on, he's on. In his scenes you can really get a sense for how dispassionate and cruel he is with his hate, but there's also an infinitesimal tinge of genuine compassion for Team Flash, or at least enough disdain that leads to him not feeling the need to overtly destroy them at any time. You can see him constantly weighing the situation and his options and the outcomes.

Every conversation sits on a knife-edge where he can either lash out and suddenly do untold damage, or just calmly hang out with them and berate them because, eh, what the hell does he care? It's great.

Xenoboy

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Matt's Thawne in Legends is weird because that Thawne has memories and experienced Eobard Wells stuff which makes his attitude in that show kinda weird

Status
Not open for further replies.