• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
There is one thing that's been bugging me about Cicada..... Does he know how to fight or no? He doesn't right? He just throws haymakers when he doesn't have his dagger. At least Team Flash has been in a few scraps so how did Cicada beat them in h2h combat?

Ahhh I'm getting myself flustered again 🤣

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
There is one thing that's been bugging me about Cicada..... Does he know how to fight or no? He doesn't right? He just throws haymakers when he doesn't have his dagger. At least Team Flash has been in a few scraps so how did Cicada beat them in h2h combat?

Ahhh I'm getting myself flustered again 🤣
The transformation made him physically stronger, so it shouldn't be hard to take people with no hand to had experience at all.

Legion of Doom V2: Diaz, Cicada, Thawne

Don't act like you don't want it
Add in time travel and bring back Prometheus & Slade.

edit:
Nah,

Legion of Doom V2: Prometheus, Prometheus, Prometheus
My, man! *bows*

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Nah,

Legion of Doom V2: Prometheus, Prometheus, Prometheus
The transformation made him physically stronger, so it shouldn't be hard to take people with no hand to had experience at all.

Add in time travel and bring back Prometheus & Slade.

edit:

My, man! *bows*

Thawne, Cicada, Diaz, villain Slade, Prometheus

Their leader?

Future Evil Felicity

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

Well he didn't get physically stronger until recently. The first encounter was when he didn't experience his transformation into a metahuman. My guy took down Team Flash with no h2h experience lol.

Barry Allen, in that one-off instance with the transmogrifier, took down 2 ARGUS guards. I find it hard to believe that Cicada is a better h2h combatant compared to those 2 guards.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
i don't care how good she is. she's not black canary.

that's like having a superman show and having him partnered with some random floozy.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Well he didn't get physically stronger until recently. The first encounter was when he didn't experience his transformation into a metahuman. My guy took down Team Flash with no h2h experience lol.

Barry Allen, in that one-off instance with the transmogrifier, took down 2 ARGUS guards. I find it hard to believe that Cicada is a better h2h combatant compared to those 2 guards.
IMO he doesn't get new powers over time (I might be wrong but whatever), he just gets stronger and stronger. So the time you're referring to is probably the first time he's been "super" strong. Strong enough to bend metal etc, but stronger than average humans before that.

..and meh, I'd love to use Barry as a Barometer (hah, puns), but Barry forgets he has arms until Iris reminds him so and Cisco confirms it with the Flash suit's monitoring screen.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrDewuzAEy4/
NRYWuI0.jpg

What could have been

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I guess. Arrow needs better villains. Nothing has topped Slade. Merlyn was ok but was utilized atrociously
Prometheus I would argue surpassed him. Cadan James and Diaz don't compare, but I thought they were fine. Neither were strong enough to carry a season, and thankfully neither of them did.

What sucks is we were introduced to Slade for a full season where he wasn't a villain, and then we saw his decent into becoming the villain of season 2.

That's a lot to compete with, and the Prometheus stuff being anywhere close is impressive as fuck.

Merlin was overused in Arrow, and a lot of his usage was mundane and boring. He's good in season 1. Season 3 is when his stuff starts to get embarrassing, and season 4 he's a joke..

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
People commenting about Merlin turning into a joke forget that the point was to show Oliver becoming an even stronger fighter. Oliver, in general, has shown growth in his skill except for when the writers forget.

Sadly, the writers on The Flash seem to forget that Barry is faster than Zoom, who was fast enough to time travel numerous times in an instant, and was much faster than Thawne. They forget that Barry has trained with Oliver to become a better hand to hand combatant. And they basically forget every skill that barry has learned becuase they don't know how to write around it. Hell, they forgot Barry is supposed to be a genius and invented Gideon.

It's frustrating, but I still love this show when I can.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Prometheus I would argue surpassed him. Cadan James and Diaz don't compare, but I thought they were fine. Neither were strong enough to carry a season, and thankfully neither of them did.

What sucks is we were introduced to Slade for a full season where he wasn't a villain, and then we saw his decent into becoming the villain of season 2.

That's a lot to compete with, and the Prometheus stuff being anywhere close is impressive as fuck.

Merlin was overused in Arrow, and a lot of his usage was mundane and boring. He's good in season 1. Season 3 is when his stuff starts to get embarrassing, and season 4 he's a joke..
We could have had that with Adrian Chase. We all thought he was Vigilante because of the fake out but then out of nowhere he was Prometheus because the writers wanted to fool us extra hard.

If he was Vigilante we could have seen a character that acted like season 1 Arrow and then eventually goes full villain. Adrian Chase had a good actor and his island explosion was pretty cool but his reveal as Prometheus soured me. I didn't like it at all.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still confused how Savitar and season 3 Barry both run past Barry and Nora, who are standing out in the open.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
People commenting about Merlin turning into a joke forget that the point was to show Oliver becoming an even stronger fighter. Oliver, in general, has shown growth in his skill except for when the writers forget.

Sadly, the writers on The Flash seem to forget that Barry is faster than Zoom, who was fast enough to time travel numerous times in an instant, and was much faster than Thawne. They forget that Barry has trained with Oliver to become a better hand to hand combatant. And they basically forget every skill that barry has learned becuase they don't know how to write around it. Hell, they forgot Barry is supposed to be a genius and invented Gideon.

I'm with you there. His abilities and skills only come in handy during pivotal plot points which is here nor there.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering that too. Perhaps in Savitar's time he never met Nora but that still wouldn't make sense about Barry. He even takes the time to jump over them.
He wouldn't know Nora for sure, since that Barry lost Iris before they could have a child.

Another Barry should catch his eye though.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
And shouldn't they feel the Speed Force like what we saw with Thawne and his trick to find out if a Speedster is near him? Zoom sensed it too when he noticed Nora.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
So, if Barry really wanted to, he could've kicked Zoom's ass by this point, no? That was three seasons ago. Ignoring that Barry is an idiot.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
And shouldn't they feel the Speed Force like what we saw with Thawne and his trick to find out if a Speedster is near him?.
There's a fine bar of competence I expect from any non OG Barrry, Time remnant Savitar Barry, or Season 3 Barry.

Sensing the Speed Force is something I don't expect from any non OG Barry, and way above the bar of competence. I'd have liked to think using your eyes to see someone right in front of you is way below that bar of competence, but my expectations have been surpassed.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

This is true. But, Merlin should have also never become a joke. He should've stayed dead after S1.

I just give no fucks anymore about Flash logic. I recognize there are inherent logic problems when dealing with a hero like Barry where literally every situation could be solved with him running real fast. For instance, agonizing on where to place the dampener on Cicada when Barry could just run real fast and grab the dude. But, the writers legit don't even try. They have Barry standing there, gob-struck, as Cicada recalls his dagger from space. A motherfucker that runs faster than light couldn't end Cicada right then and there in the minutes it took for him to get his dagger back from space.

It's why I give up thinking on Flash, I just go with the flow. You can't turn your brain on when watching the show, you're just moving with your feelings.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
So, if Barry really wanted to, he could've kicked Zoom's ass by this point, no? That was three seasons ago. Ignoring that Barry is an idiot.
Barry got faster after visiting the speedforce in season 2, and he got even faster when he went into the speedforce at the end of season 3.

Because we stopped getting speedsters after that point, it got harder to make that apparent, and the writers didn't really bring it up after episode 1 of season 4, when they say he's a lot faster.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017

It looks like it but when they entered the Speed Force together? Zoom caught up almost instantaneously. I'll chalk this up to Barry trying to protect Nora because Nora is immensely slower than Barry and we saw Nora going into the Speed Force first with Barry catching up to her, and running alongside her. Zoom caught up to them and Barry had to protect his daughter and he noticed the Time Wraith. He had no need to beat Zoom right then and there.

There's a fine bar of competence I expect from any non OG Barrry, Time remnant Savitar Barry, or Season 3 Barry.

Sensing the Speed Force is something I don't expect from any non OG Barry, and way above the bar of competence. I'd have liked to think using your eyes to see someone right in front of you is way below that bar of competence, but my expectations have been surpassed.

Dammit..... Why do I keep doing this to myself lol. Nah I see where you're coming from and I agree.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with Zoom catching up to Barry and Nora. Nora isn't that fast, so it wouldn't make sense for them both to be outrunning Zoom. Though I'm not going to lie, it would have been funny if Barry got away from Zoom, only to realize Nora was still back there getting her ass handed by Zoom.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yeah the Clever girl line was weird and as was the "can I get you a cup of water". They were both out of place and yet seemed like important details.

But, I don't think Sherlock Wells is a Thawn. What I think happened was two very smart people came to the same conclusion about Nora, in that her so called "ideas" were obviously not hers but somebody else's. Eobard might have even guessed it was his own idea in the future. And maybe Sherlock also suspects the journal was an Eobard idea.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure how Zoom caught up to them either. He was faster than Barry during that arc but didn't Barry surpass him by the end?

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not really sure how Zoom caught up to them either. He was faster than Barry during that arc but didn't Barry surpass him by the end?

Nora seems to be about the same speed as EoS 2 Barry or on par with Zoom. Barry had to slow down to protect Nora. Barry isn't going to go, "those were for charity, Clark." On Nora lol.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
When Barry went into the speedforce in season 2, I believe he was faster, and even beat Zoom.

He was like Ultimate Gohan. He realized his true potential, only to get lost in his arrogance, which resulted in his Dad dying.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
So the going theory is Nora is Thawne's daughter? Barry could easily check by going to the future.

Also, why don't the time wraiths ever mess with the Legends? You'd think they'd be all over Constantine for what he just did. Same goes for Prof Stein.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
So the going theory is Nora is Thawne's daughter? Barry could easily check by going to the future.

Also, why don't the time wraiths ever mess with the Legends? You'd think they'd be all over Constantine for what he just did. Same goes for Prof Stein.

It's been established that the Legends time shenanigans are entirely different compared to Speed Force shenanigans, so Time Wraiths won't go after The Legends unless they have a Speedster with them that messes with the timeline.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017

They didn't go after the Legends because they only go after inexperienced speedsters who are messing with the speedforce/ trying to change the timeline.

They didn't go after Eobard in Legends, because as Eobard Wells stated, if you know what you're doing/ how to cover your tracks, time wraiths won't go after you.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
The meeting this episode between Barry and Thawne was the moment that I finally felt as a viewer that Barry is very close to being the experienced speedster that Thawne knew him to be. He seemed way more jaded and worn from constant battles/experiences and was more prepared for any BS that Thawne might have pulled during that scene. It was cool they showed all 3 Barry's in succession to really emphasize the difference in experience.

Honestly I think the main thing separating current Barry from Veteran Original Timeline Barry is the fact that OT Barry is most likely a better fighter. Current Barry still needs combat training from Oliver on how to fight. I think he may learn it this season due to Cicada taking away his powers constantly or due to the crossover.

Edit: For me it was comparable to seeing the difference between Captain America in his first movie to then seeing Captain America in Avengers 1 to then seeing Captain America in Winter Soldier. Unfortunately Barry's suit didn't evolve in a cool way like Cap's did.

DeathyBoy

Oct 29, 2017
Under my Hela Hela
Letscher might be busy. Either that or just Tom has that much pull with the writers (which seems likely considering from the sounds of it, he comes up with the new Wells personas himself)

I'm sure we'll see Letscher again when we get to Future Barry fighting Thawne. Flash writers have lucked out in that they have two awesome actors playing different versions of the same character and can go back to either whenever it fits.

Also, Tom C has really stepped up his game on Flash. Dude is nearing double digit characters on the show at this point, to the extent where I hope down the line we get an episode with every single version of Wells and Wells-Thawne in a room together arguing with each other about a scientific problem.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just caught up. It was a really nice episode. Might be my fav of this great season. Fucking suspicious Nora.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't think she's evil, just misguided. We knew there was something off about her.

You can't blame her for getting bamboozled by Eobard when it's happened to Barry... how many times?

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
I was so happy to say Eobard Wells. Such an amazing villain. I'm literally scared shitless every time I see him, no matter the circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.