• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I'm so disappointed with GodSpeed. I mean, why waste such a good suit on a trajectory ripoff? He wasn't a character, he was a plot device. I hope he returns. The suit is too good to be used. They can make him interesting and go the route of wanting the Flash to be a better hero like Zoom in the comics

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Was this known? B.D. Wong was the voice of Godspeed. Wong getting that DC money!

Super weird. Why go to all that bother when you're just going to cast some generic guy, not develop him at all, and then punk him out immediately?

Godspeed makes absolutely no sense, both story-wise and real-world-wise. "There are two Godspeeds" or "the whole thing is a Thawne plan" are the only ways I can reasonably see getting out of this and salvaging the character for future use.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
He should rename her Sarah Diggle.
tenor.gif

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, what if this was Thawne's plan all along. To get Barry to be the villain to Nora, effectively losing his daughter.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
So they mentioned Accelerated Man, or the speedster with Purple lightning, but he never showed up on Earth 1 right (Never mind it was probably Iris)? Also fuck Thawne right, no other meta in the museum is named other than Thawne, I wonder if the public or at least some authorities no he can time travel. I dont doubt Thawne planned this as soon as Barry an Nora left after asking for his help fixing that device.

Last edited:

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
So they mentioned Accelerated Man, or the speedster with Purple lightning, but he never showed up on Earth 1 right? Also fuck Thawne right, no other meta in the museum is named other than Thawne, I wonder if the public or at least some authorities no he can time travel.

Wasn't purple lightning Iris?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Oh man, what if this was Thawne's plan all along. To get Barry to be the villain to Nora, effectively losing his daughter.

Yeah.
  1. Have a speedster show up (notably an artificial one) to attract the attention of noted speedster fangirl Nora.
  2. Have the speedster zap her in a specific place, shorting out her chip and unseal her powers.
  3. She has Idiot Barry genes, so she'll mess up and need help using her powers. It makes sense that she'd go to the only living expert on speedster powers (and noted speedster teacher) Thawne.
  4. From there he just needs to gain her trust with his well-honed teacher act, then lead her to the idea of going back in time.
  5. Have Barry find out she's working with Thawne. Bingo bango bongo. Heck, he even suggests she tell him towards the end, when it seems to be taking too long.
The scene with Thawne helping Nora throw Sherloque off the case by engineering a series of events to have him meet another Dimensional Wife comes to mind, and could possibly be foreshadowing.

I'd like it even better if this was all what we're supposed to think, though, and Thawne's just Good Guy Thawne now. He actually missed helping people out or whatever.

So they mentioned Accelerated Man, or the speedster with Purple lightning, but he never showed up on Earth 1 right?

Yeah, I got the impression it was Iris, or possibly Nora. Both have purple lightning, showed up very briefly, and then vanished with no historical explanation. Most likely Iris, though, because Flash time travel is normally Back to the Future.

Piku_Ringo

Oct 28, 2017
So they mentioned Accelerated Man, or the speedster with Purple lightning, but he never showed up on Earth 1 right? Also fuck Thawne right, no other meta in the museum is named other than Thawne, I wonder if the public or at least some authorities no he can time travel. I dont doubt Thawne planned this as soon as Barry an Nora left after asking for his help fixing that device.

If I recall correctly, the line said was, " I mean, Flash, Kid Flash, Jay Garrick, that weird purple speedster that just showed up one day."

Wonder if that Purple Speedster is a ref to the color of their suit and not the color of their lightning. If so perhaps, maybe it's a reference to the purple suit wearing flash who is a member of the Justice League of China? Considering they did name drop Red Death who is yet another Rebirth era character a few episodes ago.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Billfisto's post about Eobard:

All according to keikkaku. evil smirk

He's always smarter and more cunning than the rest. He's always up to something. I wouldn't be surprised to see him just get up from the torture and killing the guards before they even know it.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
If Cisco is the one to leave this season or for the crossover I wonder if they been name dropping Ryan for a reason then. I wouldnt even be surprised if Thawne got thrown in prison on purpose lol.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
If Cisco is the one to leave this season or for the crossover I wonder if they been name dropping Ryan for a reason then. I wouldnt even be surprised if Thawne got thrown in prison on purpose lol.

He is usually running away from something or towards something. Maybe he's waiting for something to catch up to him or to find him.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Barry bout to rename his daughter when she's born out of spite lmfao
"Some would say she's the reverse...."

She super speed squeezed through the door before it shut.
That explains getting into Thawne's room, but every room was coincidentally closing at the same time? That, or she kept following guards around getting through doors one at a time.. lol Best not to think about it.

I pretty much thought this as the case from the start. Why would he give a shit about the daughter of his greatest enemy? He's just fucking with Barry one last time before he's executed.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So Arrow, The Flash, and Legends all have different futures. If only there was an organization to investigate that

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
If I recall correctly, the line said was, " I mean, Flash, Kid Flash, Jay Garrick, that weird purple speedster that just showed up one day."

Wonder if that Purple Speedster is a ref to the color of their suit and not the color of their lightning. If so perhaps, maybe it's a reference to the purple suit wearing flash who is a member of the Justice League of China? Considering they did name drop Red Death who is yet another Rebirth era character a few episodes ago.

The purple speedster is Iris that only was a speedster for one day.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Wow old Iris sure was a dick to Nora.

The other thing being why did she kept seeing Thawne ? It was implied originally that they bother had a plan they were working towards and she was concealing it. But it turns out he just wants to get at Barry as usual.

Edit: So from Thawne's perspective only 1 hour or so have passed since he told Nora to go look for the time vault and in this time they managed to talk about time travel and other stuff then teach her how to do it? Including the few times she saw him by going to the future ?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Since they are going through speedsters, when we getting Mayfly?

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Man. Barry continues to show that he isn't the smartest tool in the shed. He's way too emotional and can't ruck beyond two steps in front of him. This show is like the opposite of Game of Thrones where there is zero thoughtful planning and (almost) everyone is dense and volatile.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
gracicada still alive?
You know the season sucks when people can't remember if your big bad is still around or not.. lol

Yeah, nothing has been resolved on that front. She killed Orlin and went on vacation (apparently) while Team Flash works out their issues. Nice of her to do that.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
There's always a gimmick for the main villain. I wonder what is Gracicada's gimmick is? Can I get the ole OHOHOHOHOHOHOH whenever she appears and disappears?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It would almost be kind of an amazing masterstroke if Nora ended up the end big bad of the season instead of Thawne or Grace. But I'm sure they're going to have her get over her anger after a hallway talk next week.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
They're setting up some pretty big parallels between Barry/Nora and Orlin/Grace here. Now we just need Thawne to have a daughter who comes from the future to save him from death too.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Godspeed will be back, just in a different form/version I assume. They could really do whatever they want with him here, because it's the future.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting the impression that Thawne, from the beginning, has just been using Nora to fuck with Barry.

I mean..... I think nearly everybody in here or some of us have been thinking about this since the jump, and the way he grinned when Barry confronted him was a good indication that Thawne is doing just what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.