• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just noticed, they actually referenced the fact that Eobard listed Ralph amongst the dead from the Particle Accelerator explosion back in Season 1. I guess Flashpoint saved his life.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Flash hasn't had a great Big Bad since Thawne and hasn't had a good one since Zoom, so it makes sense that they're giving up and going back to what works.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
The constant shitshow with Cicada just drags the overall season down. Cicada should have been over and done with in the first half and then left the team to deal with Thawne's shenanigans for the rest of the season. Developing Nora more and allowing them to have a more natural and loving arc for their daughter.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This season was so bad it just felt like busy work until crisis. Next season better have a good hook or I doubt I will watch

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean fuck, meta tech is such a great plotline and it was just thrown in. And there was an ep showing the goverment was weaponizing it and it was pretty much a throwaway

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Gracicada lasted 30 minutes longer than she should have. Not to mention no one should have witnessed Ralph like that.

And it's also funny that I felt more worried about Murphy potentially dying in the 100 than Nora and Cisco leaving in the Flash. Honestly, the show really needs to make us love these characters again because it's getting hard to care about them.

Sherloque was alright, but didn't gel well with the team. Mostly due to their stupidity.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was okay I guess. Overall, another bad season.

• Cicada stuff at no point ever worked aside from ironic memes. As others have repeatedly said, a villain that felt more like a Meta of the Week just does not work as the Big Bad. That we spent the entire season trying to capture someone like that just felt so unbelievable, and that's ignoring all the times that they had actually taken down Cicada. Easily the weakest villain thus far in the show, and certainly up there in the entire Beeboverse.
  • Speaking of villains, their reoccuring villains still suck. (Well okay, that contortionist one was amusing.) Bring back Amunet!
  • Remember when it felt like meta-tech was gonna become this reoccuring thing? Yea, neither do I.
  • Sherloque was okay, but it's more due to him being one of the few Team Flash members to show consistent flashes of competency. As a character, I wasn't particularly invested in him, much less him finding the love of his life (which is the same person as his exes...) Honestly, out of all the Wells so far, he never truly felt like he belonged much. Anyhow, I'm very much over the whole "new Wells each season" gimmick.
  • Nora went from being super charming to often frustrating for all sorts of reasons, but overall her stuff was the closest thing the season could call a highlight. Her presence even mined some good acting out of Barry and Iris once in a blue moon.
  • Cisco's absence, I'm completely indifferent about that due to how dull the character has been since S3. And I just won't ever understand why he felt he didn't need his super convenient powers anymore, just don't use them... That his exit from the show is tied to his girlfriend, who is barely a character, really falls short due to how little reason we've been given to care about their relationship. Half the time it's just Cisco moping about whether or not he should tell her.
  • As usual, the Caitlin subplots just never work. Now next season, we go from dealing with her dad to her mother...
  • Ralph wasn't particularly special this season, but it's still a clear improvement from last season, so at least he has that going for him.
  • This is probably Iris' best season? Decent acting, a good amount of moments where she's badass, and a lot of drama regarding her and her initially rocky relationship with Nora. I still have gripes over how the whole angst Nora showed towards Future Iris for chipping her got resolved though.
  • Reverse Flash, I mean, the bits we saw, including his dynamic with Nora, were interesting build-up, but the payoff was just so underwhelming. I mean, I figured as much that he'd be saved for next season or the crossover, but it's still disappointing for it to play out exactly that way. Just get a quick fight, then he bounces.
  • Barry's still stupid.
It was better than S4, but that's certainly not saying much.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I'm watching late but: Hahaha, holy shit, FINALLY we have a character learn about a secret identity and just go "Yeah, I get it" instead of getting super angry about it. I've been arguing for this for years!

CKDexterHaven

Nov 26, 2017
I get OTA CW on my telly. Sometimes i had to adjust the antennae to get the picture right. About half way through this season if I can't get the picture after a few seconds I would just give up and watch something else because this season is just not worth the time.

Oct 27, 2017
Reddit is in love with this episode and calling it one of the best finales...

I hated this season and this episode had a few good moments and a lot of awful ones.

I can't wait to see Crisis on Infinite Earths be awful and only make this build-up season even more awful...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Which Arrowverse show had the better season this year? I thought they were all pretty subpar aside from maybe Supergirl.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Another solid finale, on par with Arrow, now just have to hope legends and supergirl are just as good if not better.

That ending was really touching with Nora and how we find out not only does Barry vanishes, so does Oliver. Unless they pull off the.....the date changed and so did the picture. But I feel Barry vanishing still has to happen.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Would you say it's worth watching? After Arrow turning me off and me more or less done with Flash after this season, would there be any way I'd enjoy it?
That show is fucking delightful. Skip season 1, they didn't know what they were doing with Legends yet during that season. They finally figure it out and it just rocks and rolls from then on.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018
So, will next season of Flash be the final?
No. Arrow could have kept going but Amell wanted to step away, same with Supernatural. Unless a show is terrible in ratings, it's rare for CW to cancel a show and if it's a show that has been on for a few years it will usually get a proper ending. CW is good about letting it be known ahead of time if a show is heading into it's final season.

If next season of the Flash was the last one, we would know by now.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Alright, well it looks like I have something else to watch with Flash done and Game of Thrones soon thankfully over
I think you'll enjoy it. It's just silly and fun in the best away. Also Lotus isn't 100% accurate that the show is always that batshit. I mean, we call it the Beeboverse because that scene really stands out.

But then they do other crazy shit. These two clips are from the same episode. So when they did the huge crossover with all the shows, they didn't include Legends, so Legends did their own whacky thing where they mixed up genres. Look at these two clips (and make sure to watch through the fake credits sequences).

And here's the promo in general for that episode:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bleh season, but at least Thawne continues to demonstrate he's the best villain of these shows.

Though honestly at this point I'm possibly only watching up through Crisis, then being out entirely.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Would you say it's worth watching? After Arrow turning me off and me more or less done with Flash after this season, would there be any way I'd enjoy it?

Everyone else said it better than me. And it merits repeating, skip Season 1. You can go to the OT for a quick recap of S1 if you'd like.

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone else said it better than me. And it merits repeating, skip Season 1. You can go to the OT for a quick recap of S1 if you'd like.
Well I'll take all of your words for it then and just go straight for Season 2 then :P

Appreciate the advice

I think you'll enjoy it. It's just silly and fun in the best away. Also Lotus isn't 100% accurate that the show is always that batshit. I mean, we call it the Beeboverse because that scene really stands out.

But then they do other crazy shit. These two clips are from the same episode. So when they did the huge crossover with all the shows, they didn't include Legends, so Legends did their own whacky thing where they mixed up genres. Look at these two clips (and make sure to watch through the fake credits sequences).

And here's the promo in general for that episode:

It certainly looks fun and silly. It's way different from the likes of Arrow and Flash, that's for sure. After Beebo, I'm not sure why I didn't expect leprechauns and unicorns but I didn't and I was surprised. With the 2nd clip, well...they knew what they were doing

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
That was a good finale for a weak season. Same as Arrow.

The Nora stuff was genuinely emotional, I can't believe Thawne actually erased her from the timeline. They didn't mellow him out at all, he's still exactly as brutal as he was before. He may have genuine affection for Cisco and Nora but they'll still die if need be. I was kind of sad they backtracked on Thawne maturing though, but it is what it is.

The Singh bit was a nice nod for him. Cisco's departure (I assume? They didn't confirm it) was pretty shoddily done. His powers have no negative drawback. There's no reason for him to lose them other than to write him off the show sighhhhhhhh.

Yay Ralph is getting a girlfriend! Just in time to bring Doctor Light back!

Honestly, out of all the Wells so far, he never truly felt like he belonged much.
That's because the team actively treated him like garbage the whole time. Fuck this team. It took them until the last 20 minutes of the episode to become competent and only Ralph and Sherloque did otherwise.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
The Cisco story seems like it was supposed to be written for Killer Frost, until she decided to stick around so they just reused it for another character.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Cisco story seems like it was supposed to be written for Killer Frost, until she decided to stick around so they just reused it for another character.

That would somehow be even worse given all the excessive screentime we've spent on Caitlin loving her new dual personality status quo. To Caitlin, that would effectively be murdering her.

Also I thought she's not even a meta anymore.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
That would somehow be even worse given all the excessive screentime we've spent on Caitlin loving her new dual personality status quo. To Caitlin, that would effectively be murdering her.
Which feels like a switch they made after we spent seasons on her hating it. If they brought in this story at that point to write Caitlin out, it would have made sense.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Which feels like a switch they made after we spent seasons on her hating it. If they brought in this story at that point to write Caitlin out, it would have made sense.

I mean she's liked her new situation since last season, even going out of her way to bring her back. it wouldn't really make sense for her to suddenly want to get rid of her.

Speaking of which, Cisco may not have powers, but he's still pretty helpful, so it's gonna be weird to see him gone when he can still be of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.