• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the finale was great! And even if it wasn't a stellar season, it was still better than Arrow's for me.

Now, what I don't get is where the hell did Shecada get that Pym particle to time travel in the first place, and how the heck did Team Flash get the dagger in the future if Cicada was never caught in the original timeline.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I think the finale just reveals how poorly planned out the entire season was. You can see how they wanted everything to tie together. Oh well!

I never expected Nora to be erased for existence like that. I'm pretty surprised they went into that direction. I was totally expecting The Monitor to show up and tell Barry that he would save Nora if he did his bidding.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
At least they explain Cicada was purposely made to suck by Thawne so he would be the lame chris Klein

Doesn't justify the time it took to beat him

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Thawne's cloning thing made no sense. If it was a speed mirage then it shouldn't be able to physically touch anybody yet it tripped Nora as they were running up/down the building. The one chasing Barry was the speed mirage while the one chasing Nora was the real one, which was the one who punched Barry. If it's a time remnant then it shouldn't have merged back together with Thawne afterwards. I guess it could be similar to what Godspeed did in the comics, but who knows.

Thawne seems to be operating in Doing-Whatever-I-Want Negative Speed Force. Things just don't apply to him because reasons.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Thawne's cloning thing made no sense. If it was a speed mirage then it shouldn't be able to physically touch anybody yet it tripped Nora as they were running up/down the building. The one chasing Barry was the speed mirage while the one chasing Nora was the real one, which was the one who punched Barry. If it's a time remnant then it shouldn't have merged back together with Thawne afterwards. I guess it could be similar to what Godspeed did in the comics, but who knows.
Dont look too much into it. It's just something he's been doing since season 1. I just consider it a personal power like Nora's time rewind.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
At least they explain Cicada was purposely made to suck by Thawne so he would be the lame chris Klein

Doesn't justify the time it took to beat him
Said this during the season. They couldn't beat gen 1 Cicada and they couldn't beat Gracicada without Thawne.. I can't imagine what actual Cicada would do to Team Flash.

What I still want to know is where the fuck this team was during the season? They were firing on all cylinders verses Thawne. Tag team attacks all over like Doctor Strange/Spider-Man vs Thanos. You know, actually fighting as a team. Hell, Joe breaching Gracicada to Star Labs and trapping her was something that should've been tried long ago.

All this does is emphasize the shit writing and dumbing down of the team for plot reasons.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I also find it hilarious that they didn't even try to justify the dagger as the only means to dampen Thawne's power in the future.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I also find it hilarious that they didn't even try to justify the dagger as the only means to dampen Thawne's power in the future.
To be fair I think every other attempt at dampening Thawne's powers have been temporary? The dagger's been shown to be stronger than almost any other anti-meta tech. Even nanites courtesy of Ray Palmer didn't last that long.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Said this during the season. They couldn't beat gen 1 Cicada and they couldn't beat Gracicada without Thawne.. I can't imagine what actual Cicada would do to Team Flash.

What I still want to know is where the fuck this team was during the season? They were firing on all cylinders verses Thawne. Tag team attacks all over like Doctor Strange/Spider-Man vs Thanos. You know, actually fighting as a team. Hell, Joe breaching Gracicada to Star Labs and trapping her was something that should've been tried long ago.

All this does is emphasize the shit writing and dumbing down of the team for plot reasons.

Writers: Team..... Flash? What is this teamwork you're talking about?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

This is basically what happens when Cisco puts effort in, really. The bulk of that teamwork's success was contingent on Cisco actually fucking trying for a change.

Oct 25, 2017
The next panel there at someone should say Chris Klein's face was the best part of this season which feels like the most Savage insult any human being could direct towards the staff of the television show
How would people feel if Caitlin left
That would hurt more than Cisco tbh. It's been a tumultuous time with the writers trying to figure out what to do with the KF situation but the character is in a good place. I kind of hate Barry though honestly.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
Terrible season, great finale!

Was I the only one cheering when Reverse Flash escaped, killed the guards and then later schooled Nora and Flash in that fight with the speed mirage of himself, was so satisfying to see Barry get properly schooled by a true speed master :)

Question, Ralph looked up some file with a name, who was that?

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
To be fair I think every other attempt at dampening Thawne's powers have been temporary? The dagger's been shown to be stronger than almost any other anti-meta tech. Even nanites courtesy of Ray Palmer didn't last that long.
The meta cell in season 1 looked pretty effective, at least until Barry let him out anyway.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Terrible season, great finale!

Was I the only one cheering when Reverse Flash escaped, killed the guards and then later schooled Nora and Flash in that fight with the speed mirage of himself, was so satisfying to see Barry get properly schooled by a true speed master :)

Question, Ralph looked up some file with a name, who was that?
Dearborn, his wife's maiden name from the comics

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
They could have done something with Crisco where he thinks using his powers were good but then it turns out they weren't. Instead we are left with a Crisco who just doesn't want powers and the responsibilities of having powers. They could have pulled the usual thing where Crisco develops tech that dampens his own powers because they're far too dangerous, and he goes:

Why do you have those dampeners, Ramon?

To limit myself *omae wa moe...... shindeiru*

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought this was the Flash's strongest finale, besides S1's obviously.

Flash usually has shit finales.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
The list of heroes present for Flash vanishing changed:

Before: Green Arrow, Hawkgirl and the Atom

After: Green Arrow, White Canary, Supergirl, Batwoman, and "a slew of other Legendary heroes"

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there's going to be a lot going on during Crisis but I think it would be really sweet if the collapse of reality allows Nora to return one more time and help save her dad as she always wanted.

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
Bummer of a season finally took its last breath. These writers, I swear... Among other things, they had a perfect way to get rid of Vibe that makes sense. Him using his powers was hurting him, making his nose bleed, etc. They should have stuck with that, which would be a more logical (lol Flash logic) to stop using his powers as opposed to taking the cure. Also:

Crisco: Well guys, I guess I'm moving on. My powers are gone.
Team Flash: But...you're still smart. You've literally been the reason we've overcome so many obstacles in the past before Vibe.
Crisco: What? Sorry guys, can't hear ya! Bad connection.
Team Flash: Crisco, we're standing right next to you.
Crisco: Gotta go film Jay and Silent Bob Reboot. Byyyyyyye

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
They could have done something with Crisco where he thinks using his powers were good but then it turns out they weren't. Instead we are left with a Crisco who just doesn't want powers and the responsibilities of having powers. They could have pulled the usual thing where Crisco develops tech that dampens his own powers because they're far too dangerous, and he goes:

Why do you have those dampeners, Ramon?

To limit myself *omae wa moe...... shindeiru*

I don't get why he felt he need to get rid of the powers. Not like he was using them.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bummer of a season finally took its last breath. These writers, I swear... Among other things, they had a perfect way to get rid of Vibe that makes sense. Him using his powers was hurting him, making his nose bleed, etc. They should have stuck with that, which would be a more logical (lol Flash logic) to stop using his powers as opposed to taking the cure. Also:

Not to mention dude always seemed to not enjoy those Vibe headaches he gets.

Really bummed to be losing Jessica Parker Kennedy. She was great as Nora.

Yea I actually miss her

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
She's going to come back as an evil Speedster ala Daniel West or as Impulse. I'm sure Slayven would enjoy that lol.

I don't get why he felt he need to get rid of the powers. Not like he was using them.

Dude just wasn't about that life, I guess. Doesn't necessarily mean he needs to get rid of his powers but still..... Better to have his powers in case of an emergency instead of basic human technology and shit.

There's bound to be some kind of fuckery going on with the cure and it only hibernates the gene instead of fully killing it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I will never understand how timelines work on this show. Somehow a speedster's legacy is untouched, even if they end up never existing. Also don't understand why Cisco gave up his powers. Just to prove a point? Did he not have enough will to simply not use them, or were his vibes uncontrollable at times? Seems to me more like a budget issue, or simply not wanting to use "Vibe" on the field in any future episodes more than anything.

1bhv2adjgdy21.png

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
At least we get more Ralph. Hopefully he has a part of the next crossover. I wonder how much they had to change for this season because if I remember correctly wasn't Wally supposed to be in two more episodes after the first episode? I remember them saying that and I know the actor was busy and all.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
There's bound to be some kind of fuckery going on with the cure and it only hibernates the gene instead of fully killing it.

From what we know, the cure doesn't affect the meta gene itself. Rather it negates the dark matter that powers the gene. So Cisco should be able to restore his powers via exposure to dark matter if he needs to.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna binge the back half when I get a chance but ohhhhh this thread showing positivity while the GoT threads are sounding like this one did for so long has me tickled.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna binge the back half when I get a chance but ohhhhh this thread showing positivity while the GoT threads are sounding like this one did for so long has me tickled.

It's mostly thanks to Thawne (the true hero of the show).
This basically.

People are still running on the finale being good/great compared to the rest of the season. As a matter a fact, you can skip the rest of the season and go straight to the last ep. It'll save you much pain...

It took Jeff something like 30 years to take down Tobias.
Now put Tobias in Central City and see how many harpoons Team Flash take while never stopping him. Ever.

..and to be fair, he didn't know he was still around and couldn't find him for much of that time.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
As a matter a fact, you can skip the rest of the season and go straight to the last ep. It'll save you much pain...
There's still some okay stuff in there. The time rewind episode, when Barry finds out about Nora's secret and the Rouges were fine overall. But yeah, you could skip most of it and just watch every Thawne scene before the finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.