• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
At least we get more Ralph. Hopefully he has a part of the next crossover. I wonder how much they had to change for this season because if I remember correctly wasn't Wally supposed to be in two more episodes after the first episode? I remember them saying that and I know the actor was busy and all.
"Wally kind of forgot that he was supposed to be in this season."

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I know fiction has to work, so writers basically never deal with this, but man, the second Nora showed up, she basically should have evaporated out of the timeline. For example, if on whatever day Nora is conceived, Barry and Iris have sex one thousandth of a second later: no Nora. There are trillions of tiny factors that lead up to that moment. For that matter, and not to be gross, but a guy releases like 200 million sperm at a time. Just look at how drastically different fraternal twins can be, for example.

Nora changed things so much that there's effectively a 0% chance that she would be born. The fact that the writers wrote in the fact that she vanished from the timeline means now we're in that sort of gray middle area between "it just works" fiction and the reality that any slight change to the timeline would have erased her to begin with.

Also, Barry and Iris remember her. How's that work? I guess we're operating on Looper rules.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, Barry hasn't had time to screw their life over yet with time travel shenanigans.
sensiblechuckle.gif

With these writers, you don't need time travel shenanigans for that.

I just realized the "kind of forget" meme is GOT

Tbf I don't watch game of thrones
To be fair, it applies WAAAAY more to this show than it ever did in GoT. GoT was a one time event.. while it happens countless times here.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I know fiction has to work, so writers basically never deal with this, but man, the second Nora showed up, she basically should have evaporated out of the timeline. For example, if on whatever day Nora is conceived, Barry and Iris have sex one thousandth of a second later: no Nora. There are trillions of tiny factors that lead up to that moment. For that matter, and not to be gross, but a guy releases like 200 million sperm at a time. Just look at how drastically different fraternal twins can be, for example.
There's no point looking at it from that angle. By that logic it should be more or less impossible for doppelgangers on alternate Earths because history diverged, the sexual circumstances on all of the Earths would be completely different. The universes are compelled for things to happen to a certain extent, it's somewhat elastic, but pull it enough - the dagger being destroyed - and it snaps.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At this point I'm kinda doubting they'll even address Joe & Cecile's kid for the rest of the show's run.
I still want to know where Cecile got her powers from.

Nora changed things so much that there's effectively a 0% chance that she would be born.
It's usually stated that time in the Arrowverse tends to correct itself when it comes to certain events unless you brute force some really big change.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
There's no point looking at it from that angle. By that logic it should be more or less impossible for doppelgangers on alternate Earths because history diverged, the sexual circumstances on all of the Earths would be completely different. The universes are compelled for things to happen to a certain extent, it's somewhat elastic, but pull it enough - the dagger being destroyed - and it snaps.
I don't disagree. I think it's just that writing in Nora vanishing made me think all those things I would normally ignore.

I just thought about it some more, though, and I suppose what I missed is that they are saying Nora vanished because the Crisis event moved to 2019, which is before she was conceived, and that makes a lot of sense as a big enough reason for her to vanish.

Also, what you said about alternate Earths made just think about the fact that there should basically be zero dopplegangers in the Mirror Universe in Trek, lol. But again, I love my alternate Earth fiction, so it's best not to worry about these things.
It's usually stated that time in the Arrowverse tends to correct itself when it comes to certain events unless you brute force some really big change.
Oh, interesting. I had forgotten that. Thanks. :)

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Multiverse

hqdefault.jpg
5cd437ccf0671778b53f27bf-750.jpg

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I still want to know where Cecile got her powers from.
Supposedly.. she was in the city when the particle accelerator blew and got exposed then, but her powers didn't manifest until she got pregnant. Cause that makes sense..

edit:
From unknown means, Cecille residual dark matter energy in her body from the first particle accelerator explosion was activated from her pregnancy and with this altered her DNA and cells, enabling Cecille to access her new-found powers.
Pregnancy altered her DNA? WTF is this shit..

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Supposedly.. she was in the city when the particle accelerator blew and got exposed then, but her powers didn't manifest until she got pregnant. Cause that makes sense..
How does a dark matter particle accelerator giving people superpowers make sense but those powers manifesting later through immense hormonal/emotional changes pushes it too far?

Like the answer is obviously it was meant to be the baby who had powers but they liked Cecile having powers so they just kept them, but it makes perfect sense in the universe.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we don't have to deal with throaty Chris Klein anymore.

Honestly glad we don't have to see Nora shake her head from side to side when she's upset anymore either.

At least we got confirmation that Singh knew that Barry was Flash. I thought he's known for a while now.

Welcome back Thawne. We forgive you, king.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
How does a dark matter particle accelerator giving people superpowers make sense but those powers manifesting later through immense hormonal/emotional changes pushes it too far?

Like the answer is obviously it was meant to be the baby who had powers but they liked Cecile having powers so they just kept them, but it makes perfect sense in the universe.
I'm not trying to find logic in comic book power origins. Most/all of them make no sense and in real life people would just end up dead. I can deal with latent abilities that activate for whatever reason, like Bruce Banner changing into the Hulk cause he got a flat tire in the 70's series, but that doesn't mean it's not stupid.

That said, the thought of Cecile carrying around the baby in one of those baby carrier things while helping Team Flash fight baddies amuses me greatly.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
She's going to come back as an evil Speedster ala Daniel West or as Impulse. I'm sure Slayven would enjoy that lol.

Dude just wasn't about that life, I guess. Doesn't necessarily mean he needs to get rid of his powers but still..... Better to have his powers in case of an emergency instead of basic human technology and shit.

There's bound to be some kind of fuckery going on with the cure and it only hibernates the gene instead of fully killing it.
They should have tied it into the dagger shards killing him. Would have made too much sense I guess

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
So... Are we assuming future Iris disappeared too? Because if not they're dicks for not grabbing her real quick to say goodbye.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What happened to Wally?

Like I know his actor left/has more pressing things to do, but I swore at the start of the season they said they had him for 3 episodes and he would actually get an arc to explain why he wasn't around anymore.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
they probably just couldn't figure out a story that worked with Keiynan's schedule

also he was hanging with Joe and the baby for like half the season

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
They should have tied it into the dagger shards killing him. Would have made too much sense I guess

It's weird, because they've written in (and heavily focused on) at least three trapdoors for getting Cisco off the show (Other-dimensional girlfriend, nosebleeds, dagger shards), but they ended up going with "he gets really inexplicably fixated on a cure and doesn't like his powers now I guess and also he just met a girl".

Cisco's a mess.

Also, I'd like to point out that Cisco just left like seven vials of meta-killing poison lying around.

So... Are we assuming future Iris disappeared too? Because if not they're dicks for not grabbing her real quick to say goodbye.

They were in Nora's time, so presumably the Iris that existed in that time would've become unaware of Nora ever existing.

Like I know his actor left/has more pressing things to do, but I swore at the start of the season they said they had him for 3 episodes and he would actually get an arc to explain why he wasn't around anymore.

He's in the promised land with Patty Spivot, Dr. Light, Tina McGee, Pied Piper, Jesse Quick, Julian Albert, and Tracy Brand.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what kind of Wells we will see next year. Maybe we won't get a new one and instead Thawne will be all the Wells we get and be around much more often.

Also, I miss Harry. :( Was really sad we never saw him again this year (unless I forgot? (The Harry from 100th episode of S2 doesn't count!)). Also, still annoyed they made him dumb..

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also, I miss Harry. :( Was really sad we never saw him again this year (unless I forgot? (The Harry from 100th episode of S2 doesn't count!)). Also, still annoyed they made him dumb..
Harry should've stayed. None of the other Wells made a lasting impression on me, Writer Wells bieng the worst of them.

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what kind of Wells we will see next year. Maybe we won't get a new one and instead Thawne will be all the Wells we get and be around much more often.

Female Wells. Spend the whole season in drag.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
The perfect way to do Wells next season would be to introduce him on Supergirl and not bring him over to Flash until Post-Crisis.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Marlene and Devoe were great until Devoe started treating her like crap.
Savitar was a nothing character made worse somehow by the revelation because they took too long to develop him

Cicada was non threatening and had shitty actor and grace was barely in the show enough and seems to disappear whenever Team Flash needs a break

Devoe was too inconsistent honestly though his motivation and goal was shit

So yeah nothing since Zoom

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will never understand how timelines work on this show. Somehow a speedster's legacy is untouched, even if they end up never existing. Also don't understand why Cisco gave up his powers. Just to prove a point? Did he not have enough will to simply not use them, or were his vibes uncontrollable at times? Seems to me more like a budget issue, or simply not wanting to use "Vibe" on the field in any future episodes more than anything.

1bhv2adjgdy21.png

LOL - this is fantastic.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
They keep name-dropping Kord Industries. I really wish DC would just let them bring in Blue Beetle.

Have next season be Booster Gold coming back to see who the hell keeps messing with time

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like Crisis is a massive five-part event, not sure what "2 quarters" means. Legends has been moved to midseason which means I'm not sure how they are integrated into this, but they're on the poster.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

Looks like Crisis is a massive five-part event, not sure what "2 quarters" means. Legends has been moved to midseason which means I'm not sure how they are integrated into this, but they're on the poster.

I think it means that the midseason break is going to happen midway through Crisis. Three parts before break, two parts after it. We're gonna get cliffhanger'd. Probably Infinity War-style.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Haha, don't they have any more recent pictures of the Legends? When's the last time that Sara's worn her White Canary gear, or Mick his goggles?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
That was a weird finale. The time travel didn't make any sense but okay, it hasn't since season 1. I'm glad Nora got erased, give me the Tornado Twins or Impulse.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Batwoman still is from last year's poster too. This is presumably just a mock-up for the upfront presentation and not an official poster.
Yeah, Barry's picture is also old. Please do something about that damn suit before the crossover showrunners, God.

Having a break in the middle of Crisis would drive me nuts. I hope they pull it off.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Barry's picture is also old. Please do something about that damn suit before the crossover showrunners, God.

Having a break in the middle of Crisis would drive me nuts. I hope they pull it off.

I kinda feel like they're doing it because Arrow will likely be ending at midseason, so they do the crossover as the sunset for that show and then open Legends with it after the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.