• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I think you may be mistaken. His name is Barry Allen, and he is the fastest man alive.
The fastest to take L's
I'm half-convinced that Barry deliberately nerfs himself so he actually has things to struggle against. Like it's a self-inflicted mental block.
2N37N1G.png

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I've always expected Thawne to be the best Speedster. It's the scaling of other Speedsters that annoys me from time to time lol.

I'm still annoyed that Barry and Kara only needed to travel at Mach 7 across the Earth several times to essentially freeze time 😆

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Mid Crisis break sounds dumb.. They better have an amazing cliffhanger to keep people interested.

Im fine with the team being Flash, Elongated Man and Frost. What do you guys think season 6 Wells will be like? I kind of don't want one but its like tradition at this point.
Been saying since forever that Team Flash had too many damn people. Works for arrow since they're basically human and have no powers except for the Canary duo, but you can't have a team of 6 super powered people mixed in with detectives, scientists and tech people and still take a whole season to take down Cicada. And this is before you even consider how OP some of them are.

I think you may be mistaken. His name is Barry Allen, and he is the fastest man alive.
Its funny that in a foot chase he never ever catches up with anyone. Thawne hadn't run in years, split himself into two and Barry & Nora still couldn't catch him.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
This Thawne is from much later in the timeline than Crisis on Earth-X Thawne, at least 15 years. He might be rusty but he could've trained for decades after Earth-X.

Also I guess this episode confirms that he ages slower, when the dagger came off he reverted back to his normal Tom Cavanagh look.
I dont think he ages slower. Doesn't he have the ability to change his age or something through speedforce means?

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
As it's been with Arrow and Flash since the beginning, every season is worse than the one before.

That said, the finale was pretty good. Thanks 100% to Tom as Reverse Flash. He's absolutely great and they should focus on him next season.

The only good Arrowverse season this year has been Legends of Tomorrow. It doesn't take itself seriously and it's really fun to watch.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil

Ugh, I hated when that bunch of vigilantes were introduced as main cast members and Oliver became a mentor.

That ain't true for Arrow at all

You're right, Season 2 was peak Arrow. Season 7 was bad writing all around. I feel bad for the actors, cause some of them are pretty good.

There was no conflict at all when the show made it seem like someone could die, right after we've just seen them in the future alive and well in that pointless storyline.

As for The Flash, I had no idea the show could be worse than Season 4. Yet the writers defy my expectations and manage to make it worse. Reverse Flash really saved the finale, I think it was the best episode this season.

I still watch both shows (along with Legends) and will continue to do so, in the hopes it gets better or at least cause I'm fond of the characters.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Theory: The cure backfires, and we have a lot of pissed off meta's who have powers they can't control now, and they're minds are corrupted because of it, and that's who Barry is fighting in Season 6 for villains of the week.

Final Villain Cisco.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
If Cisco is done with team flash, I wonder what he's gonna do during Crisis. He won't be able to help out as a hero, so I wonder if he's gonna feel bad about that.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Theory: The cure backfires, and we have a lot of pissed off meta's who have powers they can't control now, and they're minds are corrupted because of it, and that's who Barry is fighting in Season 6 for villains of the week.

Final Villain Cisco.

That's what I'm saying. It's too good to be true

Lol, it'd be more that the cure is absolutely real, but if they ever feel like backtracking on that due to Cisco's actor, they'll have no issue retconning it

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Or it's entirely intentional to keep his powers gone for the crossover.

The thought certainly did occur to me as well. Especially since apparently Carlos isn't leaving the show (yet?), from what I've heard.

Maybe they figured having Cisco's powers active during the Crisis would just be too much of an instant win button and they didn't want to kill him off.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm half-convinced that Barry deliberately nerfs himself so he actually has things to struggle against. Like it's a self-inflicted mental block.

Comic Wally was capped at Mach-1 for much of his early career because he subconsciously wanted to protect Barry's legacy by not being a better Flash, so it's not without precedent.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Speedsters age slower/stay younger longer in the comic through speed force healing.
Yeah, I know about speedsters in general, but I'm talking about Thawne specifically.
Eobard Thawne already possessed genius-level intellect by the standards of the 25th Century even prior to gaining his metahuman abilities, making him possibly one of the smartest individuals when in the 21st century. The Flash: Rebirth revealed that duplicating the accident behind Barry Allen's powers created a negative Speed Force by corrupting the positive version. The Reverse-Flash is therefore able to travel at superhuman speeds faster than the speed of light, deliver blows of extreme force by hitting the victim hundreds of times a second, run on water, generate vacuums, create after-images ("speed mirages") of himself, and vibrate his molecules to pass through solid objects. Unlike original Speed Force users, Thawne has the ability to travel through and manipulate time, being able to drastically alter history and completely erase people from existence (other speedsters cannot change the past without dramatic consequences). Thawne developed numerous new powers in the events leading up to Flashpoint, including the ability to cross over to other dimensions, create shockwaves across time and space at the snap of his fingers, absorb another's memories via physical contact, and alter the age of anyone or anything.[36] Thawne has also displayed superhuman strength, as well as electrokinetic abilities. The presence of his lightning is able to disrupt and fry nearby electronics, in addition to allowing him to manipulate magnetism. During the New 52 reboot, Eobard gained the ability to slow down time similar to Hunter Zolomon. He retained his pre-New 52 counterpart's age altering abilities.[37] In the DC Rebirth relaunch, however, Eobard regained his negative Speed Force connection and therefore all of his original powers.[31]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eobard_Thawne

If Cisco is done with team flash, I wonder what he's gonna do during Crisis. He won't be able to help out as a hero, so I wonder if he's gonna feel bad about that.
Joke post? Taking his girl on dates to Jitters.. obviously. Didn't you see the huge slow motion smile on his face? He'll shrug and ask her what they're going to do tomorrow..

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What they did to Mon-El was a travesty, and I didn't even like him that much

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly part of me is glad that Black Lightning will be doing their own thing without worrying about making time for crossover

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine if they do anything they'll have the red sky in their mid-season finale but it's still most likely different Earth. It's kind of a blessing that they film on over 2,000 miles away.

The bizarre part is that Batwoman still seems to do some shooting in Chicago, from the looks of the trailer. I would've thought they'd just completely settle it in Vancouver but I guess they need that Gotham look.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The bizarre part is that Batwoman still seems to do some shooting in Chicago, from the looks of the trailer. I would've thought they'd just completely settle it in Vancouver but I guess they need that Gotham look.
The budget for that won't last past the first season, it might just be for the pilot. Let's just enjoy the change of scenery while it lasts.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I'm guessing it's just the pilot, then they'll just use Chicago aerial/scenery shots like Supergirl does since it moved to Vancouver.

I would love for this to stay in Chicago, Vancouver is beyond played out with these shows.

Last edited:

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Get ready to see some exciting locations for Batwoman such as

The batcave
Wayne's abandoned building/office
Abandoned warehouse
Jitters

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I would love for this to stay in Chicago, Vancouver is beyond played out with these shows.

Oh, there are tons more places to shoot left in Vancouver. They haven't even done the Britannia Mine Museum or Queen of Sidney yet!

Get ready to see some exciting locations for Batwoman such as

The batcave
Wayne's abandoned building/office
Abandoned warehouse
Jitters

I wonder how often Batgirl is going to end up wandering around in a forest. She'd better watch out for invisible dinosaurs.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I love the way that Ralph was quick enough to get in front of the mirror blast, but Barry wasn't quick enough to stop himself from shooting or put something else in the way or literally do anything else.

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
Ralph is great. Both character and actor. I like how they aligned his detective characters with the one from the comics

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Ralph is great. Both character and actor. I like how they aligned his detective characters with the one from the comics

My hope for next season is that we get a nice arc with Ralph and Sue meeting and falling in love. No love triangle garbage, no Cisco-esque garbage, just a sweet story about Ralph finally finding a woman he clicks with.

Maximum Spider

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Ralph's actor looks like some beautiful amalgamation of Joel McHale and Conan O'Brien. Would be amazing if they somehow get either of them to play his dad or a relative.

Status
Not open for further replies.