• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Get ready to see some exciting locations for Batwoman such as

The batcave
Wayne's abandoned building/office
Abandoned warehouse
Jitters
Uh, you're missing the all important:

Alley
Rooftop
Tech lab
Empty street
Docks

Blade_Ooo_so_exciting.gif

I laughed at the Jitters inclusion, but realized it'll definitely be there. They'll just Gotham it up with black curtains.

Jay1V

Oct 28, 2017
I checked out of this season after lady cicada killed her uncle. Any specific episodes I should watch when it comes out on Netflix here soon?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I checked out of this season after lady cicada killed her uncle. Any specific episodes I should watch when it comes out on Netflix here soon?
She killed her uncle and went on vacation until Team Flash worked out their family squabble. Guess she didnt care that much about killing all metas.

As was said, just watch the finale. You aren't missing anything.

Last edited:

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. She did fuck all with other metas until she appeared. Going to kill all the metas but stays in her cabin taking care of her kid self who is sustained by machines already. What a great villain. Truly one of The Flash's greatest villain to date.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legends crossover when

I'm dying of laughter picturing Barry disappearing during the Crisis and recording his emotional goodbye to Nora while Nora Dahrk is standing nearby with an embarrassed expression while all the Legends stare at her like "What the fuck is he talking about?"

Also, I haven't seen any mention of this but I really liked the confrontation between Thawne and the team, especially Cisco. I like that they recognized this is the first time (chronologically) that Thawne and Cisco have really interacted since the end of season 1. The show always focuses on how hurt and angry Barry was by Thawne's betrayal but rarely mentions that Cisco was hurt and deceived too.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying of laughter picturing Barry disappearing during the Crisis and recording his emotional goodbye to Nora while Nora Dahrk is standing nearby with an embarrassed expression while all the Legends stare at her like "What the fuck is he talking about?"

Also, I haven't seen any mention of this but I really liked the confrontation between Thawne and the team, especially Cisco. I like that they recognized this is the first time (chronologically) that Thawne and Cisco have really interacted since the end of season 1. The show always focuses on how hurt and angry Barry was by Thawne's betrayal but rarely mentions that Cisco was hurt and deceived too.
Thawne retaining his memories makes no god damn sense still

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Only way to make that even perfect is for someone to say "Barry you idiot"

Wait really? I always assumed they had talked before lol

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaan, finally watching the finale. Thawne is so damn menacing. Still the best villain on the show. It's actually comical how much more menacing he is than Cicada/Orlin.

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the finale. Seeing the team working together to kick the shit out of Thawne was pretty satisfying. Finally they didn't suck.

Nora's finale was oddly pretty emotional. I assume Cisco must be back for at least a few episodes next season because he didn't get a goodbye scene with anyone except Caitlin. I'm really excited for Sue to get introduced.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
She was somehow worse than OG Cicada
I think while Klein isn't a good actor for the role and he spent too long as a villain it feels he's a more complex character compared to Grace who's adult self is pretty much one note and can basically do anything the writers want her to fo

Also I know we complained about Cicada 1 taking too long but Grace really needed a bit more focus on her.

It's still Klein Cicada fault since because he took so long that grace gets no time

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think while Klein isn't a good actor for the role and he spent too long as a villain it feels he's a more complex character compared to Grace who's adult self is pretty much one note and can basically do anything the writers want her to fo

Also I know we complained about Cicada 1 taking too long but Grace really needed a bit more focus on her.

It's still Klein Cicada fault since because he took so long that grace gets no time

Pretty much. OG has major, major issues, but he's far more fleshed out. Meanwhile Shecada is just angry and nothing else. There's nothing to work with. I thought there'd at least be a scene where they try to redeem/soften her through using her younger self, but it never came.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

That was the issue I complained about as soon as she showed up. They took 3/4ths of the season with Gen 1 Cicada, then introduces a "better" Cicada with more abilities, future tech/knowledge for the team to defeat in less episodes.. Then she isn't even in a bunch of those and they miraculously stop her because the writers let Team Flash not be idiots.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Do we have any clues as to who might be the big bad for next season? Supposing it's not just Thawne again.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017

He hit on a lot of points we've complained about, but I disagree with his initial criticism of not expecting good writing from a CW show. That's bs. Funnily enough, he throws that right out the window and spends a good chunk of time complaining about the writing. lol

They namedropped Red Death
They did, but I highly doubt it'll happen. Probably just easter egg name drop stuff since they got access to the Batman property. If it happens at all, I'm sure it'll be a different person just like they did with Cicada's change. ie it won't be Bruce. It'll be weird after their "no more speedsters" statement if they have another evil speedster the next season, but realistically, no one else in his rogues gallery can last over a 23 episode run. Unless they're going to continue to write the team like idiots again and let the baddie constantly escape while Team Flash gets distracted by finding a penny on the floor that is...

I said it before and I'll keep saying it. They need to bring in a team of bad guys to go up against. Individually, the rest of his rogues gallery is terrible. Either that or 2 baddies a season. Wrap up each in 10 episodes and leave the last 3 eps to set up the next season.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They did, but I highly doubt it'll happen. Probably just easter egg name drop stuff since they got access to the Batman property. If it happens at all, I'm sure it'll be a different person just like they did with Cicada's change. ie it won't be Bruce. It'll be weird after their "no more speedsters" statement if they have another evil speedster the next season, but realistically, no one else in his rogues gallery can last over a 23 episode run.
uh I don't think anyone expects it to be Bruce, everyone's assuming it would be Oliver now that he's about to be a free agent. It would make sense to give him the back half of next season because it would be a literal representation of Barry's guilt over Oliver's death.

As far as no more speedsters go, that statement is obviously isn't going to stick. It came from an ousted producer years ago, and as far as I can tell the two statements were "probably done with speedsters" and "definitely not in S4", and the latter is true and Godspeed just happened. They'll go back to that well if they need to, and two seasons off is a fair amount of time.

There's not many Flash villains left who could carry a season but if they go wider DC they could find someone. I wanted them to give Neron a shot, but Legends got him instead.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
uh I don't think anyone expects it to be Bruce, everyone's assuming it would be Oliver now that he's about to be a free agent. It would make sense to give him the back half of next season because it would be a literal representation of Barry's guilt over Oliver's death.
I really, really want this to be it, but like raYne said, I think it was just a neat easter egg.

On the other hand, the next big bad always gets hinted at before the season wraps... was that the case with Zoom/Savitar though? I can only remember the show hinting at Devoe/Cicada.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Savitar wasn't really hinted at the end of the season, mainly because they ended the season on Flashpoint.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
On the other hand, the next big bad always gets hinted at before the season wraps... was that the case with Zoom/Savitar though? I can only remember the show hinting at Devoe/Cicada.
The Jay Garrick hat was technically a Zoom tease

Savitar was a mess that it feels like at episode 9 somebody had the 'genius' idea to make him a Barry clone

DadsBoyfriend

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wish they would go outside the box villain wise. Use Owlman from the Crime Syndicate as Flash's big villain. Maybe have him behind the curtains for a chunk of the season. Have him in the shadows secretly just analyzing Barry and making sure Barry learns that there are actually consequences when you stack L's like he does.
They'd have to be willing to kill off a couple of big characters to let the audience know this guy is not playing

Rackham

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they make Oliver Red Death, will they make his lightning black and red with arrows coming out instead bats.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Obviously a moron and only just got this, but flash vanishes in crisis is the crisis on infinite earth's kinda crisis then

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously a moron and only just got this, but flash vanishes in crisis is the crisis on infinite earth's kinda crisis then
Correct. CW playing the long game. They showed the newspaper article in like the first ep of season 1. lol

Note: He had the chinstrap in the article.. from the future. *glares at production team*

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about Savitar being Future Barry is that it wasted the opportunity for an ACTUAL evil Barry in a future storyline. That would've been a real fun arc to fuck around with if it was given actual room to develop.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about Savitar being Future Barry is that it wasted the opportunity for an ACTUAL evil Barry in a future storyline. That would've been a real fun arc to fuck around with if it was given actual room to develop.
Imagine them not wasting zoom. Evil Barry from the future could have been Zoom forcing Barry to become better so not make the mistakes he did.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Have an evil Future Barry and make Thawne be the hero because evil Barry is too crazy and is fucking up the timeline? I'll allow it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, when was the last time Barry messed with the timeline? It was all Nora this season.

I think the idea would be that evil Future Barry is making TONS of changes to the timeline on a catastrophic scale, so Thawne has to stop him because it risks destroying the entire multiverse.

Like, imagine if they did the Future Barry story arc where Barry travels back from the future to prevent Iris' death, only instead of stopping there he goes "Wait, I can fix ANYTHING I WANT now" and starts shredding the timeline by mucking about with events across time. If Flashpoint was a surgical scalpel to the timeline changing one event that created huge ripple effects, this would be more like someone drunkenly taking a meat cleaver to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.