• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think the idea would be that evil Future Barry is making TONS of changes to the timeline on a catastrophic scale, so Thawne has to stop him because it risks destroying the entire multiverse.

Like, imagine if they did the Future Barry story arc where Barry travels back from the future to prevent Iris' death, only instead of stopping there he goes "Wait, I can fix ANYTHING I WANT now" and starts shredding the timeline by mucking about with events across time. If Flashpoint was a surgical scalpel to the timeline changing one event that created huge ripple effects, this would be more like someone drunkenly taking a meat cleaver to it.
That what speed wraiths are there for. They would be chasing evil Barry non stop, he's no Thawne.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of this season is Barry having a talk with Nora that they can never use their speed to change the timeline, despite the fact that Barry having this conversation with his daughter from the future is already changing the timeline, and the longer she stays more changes will be made, on top of the changes already made.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What if Nora had came back to prevent a future where Flash rules Central City with an iron fist. It could tie into the Zara's future where metahumans are hunted. Imagine this scene but of a Flash that is always watching, like he keeps the whole city as his perfect aquarium
the-flash-kingdom-come.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What if Nora had came back to prevent a future where Flash rules Central City with an iron fist. It could tie into the Zara's future where metahumans are hunted. Imagine this scene but of a Flash that is always watching, like he keeps the whole city as his perfect aquarium
the-flash-kingdom-come.jpg

I feel like this is the kind of story that would work better for a crossover rather than a season-long arc.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My favorite part of this season is Barry having a talk with Nora that they can never use their speed to change the timeline, despite the fact that Barry having this conversation with his daughter from the future is already changing the timeline, and the longer she stays more changes will be made, on top of the changes already made.
They can't blame you for changing the timeline if someone else does it for you. RollSafe.jpg

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
That what speed wraiths are there for. They would be chasing evil Barry non stop, he's no Thawne.

If they want to go all out just establish that his state of mind grants (lol puns) him access to more power/speed than normal Barry ever had. So the Wraiths aren't even a factor, to him. So the speedforce itself reaches out to Thawne and asks for his help.

Besides they did fuck all to stop Nora fucking around with the timeline. Unless the writers forgot they existed...

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. The amount of times I said "she isn't supposed to be there" this season was ridiculous.

"Dont screw with the timeline. Unless its beneficial to me or you're family "

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. The amount of times I said "she isn't supposed to be there" this season was ridiculous.

"Dont screw with the timeline. Unless its beneficial to me or you're family "

At the very least, the payoff was that she fucked around with it so much that she erased HERSELF from the timeline by altering the circumstances surrounding her own birth.

If the season had just ended with her going home it would've been so fucking weird.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
What's weird is that Barry wanted Nora to return to the future at the beginning of the season because he was afraid she would erase herself and then all of a sudden he has no problem with her staying.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want Nora to come back, if only briefly, during Crisis. That was her whole character arc, that she wanted to help save her dad from disappearing, and she even reiterates it in the final scene of the season. I feel like it would be a huge weird missed opportunity if she doesn't show up and get some closure to her character.

Also is it too early to start thinking of Crisis OT names? Maybe a play on something from Endgame, since this is basically the Arrowverse's Endgame?

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from vacation and 2 episodes behind.
Only good part of this season is we got the varying acting prowess of Chris Klein.
Even got 2 Cicada at the end.

Good they are trimming the cast. Ralph should play a major role now.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I remember way back during S2 thinking it be cool if we somehow got a Evil Barry from Future arc. Then S3 happened. :/

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think i could take on Chris Klein on Legends
Characters on Legends are already dialed up to eleven.. can you imagine Klein ridiculous acting dialed up to that level? The multiverse isn't ready for that.

Make Chris Klein the new face of whichever Reverse Flash still exists. He'll deliver Thawne's lines perfectly.
Not enough. Pull an Aunt Viv and replace all Wells' and Reverse Flash with him, but never acknowledge it.

Can you imagine a Council of Kleins?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Just put Ray Palmer and Kleincada in the same room, and he'll be redeemed in 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.