• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want Cicada and reformed Vandal Savage to team up on the next season of Legends

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Caught up on the remainder of the season.

Nora's goodbye was emotional

Gracie Cicada had cool powers and knew how to fight, but entered the season late and her motivation was trash. Same for OG Cicada and most of what they did with him throughout the course of the season.

Reverse Flash's hand of doom has to be one of the best fatalities a villain has in comics. Every time it pops out gets me excited.

If Cisco is really dipping out, I don't blame him with being tired of the fukkery . Even without his powers, dude is a genius who can make millions with all of his inventions and can still help people in a different way.

Overall the show still suffers from the villain of the week characters being really weak, characters needing to learn the same lesson repeatedly, and a lot of group meetups of Team Flash spouting exposition about some time travel/science/problem solving jargon. Series could really use a shakeup in that regard.

Also doesn't hurt to show your characters being competent. I get that you need drama and problems for your characters to solve to fill a season of TV, but too often it comes across as unearned and needless fighting .

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I just want to point out that this season had zero memorable quotes, the OT's title stayed the same.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't be bothered to catch up so I read the season synopsis.

I regret even doing that.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finally finished the season. It was pretty great with some bumps like S4 but still great. Cicada 2 was interesting but still had the same problems as Devoe. They need to fix their villain issue.

Nora was great, her origin episode was really good too. Reverse Flash was of course as awesome as he always was. Sherloque might be my new fav Wells. Characters were strong as expected. The last episode of the season was really good and sad. Nora's final message was beautiful and i swear i almost teared up with the montage. Felt like a series finale you know.

I figure were near the end of the arrowverse. Now onto to Supergirl.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

During a panel at MCM London (via Comic Book), Stephen Amell opened up about his feelings on someday returning to the DC Universe. The actor revealed that he would be open to the idea on one condition: that he could play a villain this time around. Amell explained, "I'd like to play a villain. If I'm going to play a DC character again, it has to be a villain. I like villains." When asked if he had a preference, the Arrow star didn't hesitate. He stated, "General Zod. I watched Superman II with my kid the other day, and it was the best."

Red Death is totally happening!!! Ignore the Zod comment

Phyranion

May 1, 2018
I'm all caught up! Overall I still enjoy the show, but there are two constant annoyances that always comes back to haunt me:
  1. Villains always escaping from the speedsters makes no sense.
  2. Why does every episode have to have a B-plot where a character learns some kind of life lesson?
Also, Nora, YOU CAN'T LOCK UP THE DARKNESS!

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect Nora to show up until midseason finale or later if she was in it.

Appearing anytime before that would take away from the finale.

Nov 1, 2017
Wow... I watched the finale but I forgot to turn my brain off...

If the dagger is destroyed in the past, why does it only disappear at the very last moment for Thawne rather then never having been there at all? And how are the timelines synced up like that? Why?

I get that this is just a plot contrivance so they can have a Thawne from a dead timeline but that dagger thing makes no sense.

Also that new timeline settled pretty quickly, didn't it take days/weeks for Flashpoint to reach the point of no return?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
If the dagger is destroyed in the past, why does it only disappear at the very last moment for Thawne rather then never having been there at all? And how are the timelines synced up like that? Why?

But seriously, manufactured drama. If you remove the dagger from the timeline, Thawne wouldn't even have been there in the first place, but they like to pretend the audience is a bunch of idiots.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'd still like to know how they got the dagger in the original timeline if the original Cicada was never caught.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Have they even given any interviews about the end of the season? I'm honestly kind of surprised, usually we get casting updates long before the seasons start filming.
Nope. Dead silent on Flash and Arrow. I get why they're being quiet with Arrow but Flash is just as in the dark.

Panabaker posted a photo of Grant and Carlos saying she was looking forward to seeing the fam soon. That's about it. Other than the vague diverse male casting call.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Dead silent on Flash and Arrow. I get why they're being quiet with Arrow but Flash is just as in the dark.

Panabaker posted a photo of Grant and Carlos saying she was looking forward to seeing the fam soon. That's about it. Other than the vague diverse male casting call.

Fuck. Maybe they're waiting until post-Crisis to renegotiate people's main-cast contracts. If they're being this quiet there could be huge casting changes after the crossover.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Wow... I watched the finale but I forgot to turn my brain off...

I get that this is just a plot contrivance so they can have a Thawne from a dead timeline but that dagger thing makes no sense.

Also that new timeline settled pretty quickly, didn't it take days/weeks for Flashpoint to reach the point of no return?

My working theory is that time passes sequentially in the Flash universe, but from the position of the observers, and not from the position of the participants. As we're the observers, changes to the timeline can only occur while we are watching, and only in the order we witness.

So, in a sane universe, time would flow from A to B to C to D. Things that happen in A would affect B and C and D.

In the Flash universe, we witness time as C to A to B to D, so of course things that happen in B would affect D, but not C or A.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's further down the line, but we don't know much about Legends either, right?

That's pretty normal. Legends won't start filming until much later because it's a midseason replacement (again), so they likely won't start talking about it much until the lead-up to Crisis.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Have you heard anything about The Flash's Caitlin Snow having a romantic interest in Season 6? —Clarice
A romantic partner? I cannot say for sure. But it looks like both Caitlin and Cisco will be making the acquaintance of a fellow scientist, since the CW series — in addition to casting this new baddie — is busy filling the role of a socially awkward, African-American genius in math and science (who specifically is a bit obsessed with aliens and their tech).

via TVLine

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
TVLine also confirmed that Jessica Parker Kennedy is no longer a regular, but nothing about Cisco.

My guess is they're going for some kind of soft write out? Or the status quo is about to get changed come Legends.

Yeah. I presume that they're going to keep the same core cast until Crisis and then change everything after that. They can still have Cisco as a series regular for seven or eight weeks and then write him out after that.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
New dude is definitely going to die. Going to be doing something science-y and then gets blasted by a random jobber.

I went back to watch this:

Pour one out for our boy Wally West ;_; Always forgotten when in times of need.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Place your bets!
  • New Dude is NüCisco.
  • New Dude is Villain.
  • New Dude gets murked to Provide Emotion™ / Make Barry Doubt/Learn/Overcome.
  • New Dude just vanishes one day and is never mentioned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.