• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
Nora acting like a child makes sense when you look at it from her perspective. She recently found out she has cool speedster powers and that her dad that she never knew was the Flash, and now she's suddenly in the past fighting beside and learning from her father and being a superhero. She's a kid in a candy store.

Though that being said, the problem was that she acted like a child almost the entire time. There weren't really a lot of moments where it felt like she was an adult.

Also with regards to Nora, I was really disappointed with how they handled Future Iris suppressing Nora's powers. Present Iris was too quick to pat herself on the back for doing it, despite not knowing anything about the situation. Barry supporting her decision was lame too.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Nora acting like a child makes sense when you look at it from her perspective. She recently found out she has cool speedster powers and that her dad that she never knew was the Flash, and now she's suddenly in the past fighting beside and learning from her father and being a superhero. She's a kid in a candy store.

Though that being said, the problem was that she acted like a child almost the entire time. There weren't really a lot of moments where it felt like she was an adult.

Also with regards to Nora, I was really disappointed with how they handled Future Iris suppressing Nora's powers. Present Iris was too quick to pat herself on the back for doing it, despite not knowing anything about the situation. Barry supporting her decision was lame too.

Maybe in her time adolescence extends into your early thirties?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I just don't see it, I mean she was at least mid twenties, been to University, got a full time job with the police yet they had her act like a teenager having a tantrum for having a curfew.

Yeah she had issues with Iris and of course Barry not being around but the way she was written was just poorly done for me.

I mean she deals with solving crimes so has to deal with the Fallout of murders and god knows what else.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I just don't see it, I mean she was at least mid twenties, been to University, got a full time job with the police yet they had her act like a teenager having a tantrum for having a curfew.

Yeah she had issues with Iris and of course Barry not being around but the way she was written was just poorly done for me.

I mean she deals with solving crimes so has to deal with the Fallout of murders and god knows what else.

Yeah. She wasn't acting like an excited adult, she was flat-out acting like a child.

Besides, half the episodes were her sulking because her YoungerParents grounded her, not even her being excited. Perfectly reasonable for a thirty year-old woman.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine getting grounded and/or a timeout when you're in your 20s.

The Allen-West Family y'all. Because being grounded or getting a timeout is better than trapping your Speedster children in the Speed Force and whatever other punishment a Speedster Dad can dish out.

Barry Allen can always use the good 'ole fashioned:

tumblr_oqfawq7XZH1uqw734o2_500.gif

Whenever his kids act up.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Nora was better in season four when she'd randomly show up places and sometimes stand there ominously before leaving.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nora as a character works if she's a teenager, the issue is child labor laws (the actress looks like a teenager still so it's not a big deal) and the fact that it was probably vetoed to kill a kid

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm just snickering thinking about her having to run off and change into that outfit every time she wants to head out.

"I know Grodd's attacking, I just need to pull up my extraneous sleeves!"

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Still faster than Mr Terrific

He could have had a machine he put his head in.

She crafts it out of ice!

Ice: What Can't it Do?

I love Superhero Power Creep, where your powers extend into weirder and weirder areas. Ralph has stretchy powers, so of course he can make himself as hard as metal or shape shift into a different person, entirely altering his skin pigmentation. Caitlin has ice powers, so of course she can heal people using ice(?!)

And, of course, King Barry has the Speed Force, which allows him to do anything somebody else tells him to do.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I just hopped back into the show after having left somewhere during season 3. Wow, things have changed.

1. Whoever cast Nora West Allen deserves an award, she literally looks like their child, like some AI program took their images and created her. It's amazing

2. I'm glad Jesse L. Martin is still on the crew, his character really ties things together

3. They don't seem to be going full-on goofball like they went with 'Legends, which I appreciate. The 20-year-old-Smallville watching me buried deep inside appreciates the old WB/CW formula here

4. Totally lost on what's going on with Wally. I thought he died or something

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I already forgot who Godspeed is. Was he the speedster in the future who attacked Nora when she got her powers?

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
That got buried so quick and they never explain why Future Iris did that besides "Iris was the perfect mom, Nora was just being a brat shut up!!!!"

It really only exists as a lazy way for Drama and it's not like its needed for her to team up with Thawne. She could have been fooled anyway by him being an expert and the only speedster around (because Wally doesn't exist) and Iris just being distant.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Can't wait to see how they explain Barry letting himself get hit with an "Old Ray" or whatever.

I wonder if it's possible to age Ralph. Would he just be able to shapeshift back to his normal form, or would his body lose elasticity and end up a formless mess?

If I was Ralph and it's the latter, I'd have serious misgivings about aging with my powers.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
At least they've actually made them look old.
Although this is Arrowverse so they're probably in their late 30s there.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
At least they've actually made them look old.
Although this is Arrowverse so they're probably in their late 30s there.

Iris should also be aged at the same time, to the same age, and all that happens is that she gets the white streaks in her hair again.

We're lucky that Joe and Cecile have abandoned their baby in the wilds of Tibet, so it won't be prematurely aged.

Status
Not open for further replies.