• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Watching the episode

"Yeah this might cure cancer and save lives but it might give them superpowers"

.....ok what's the problem you can still work on the cure but insist on keeping the patients informed

This feels like contrived drama
The morality of this show changes on a whim depending on what the story demands

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm happy with the episode. Nobody did anything spectacularly dumb, Flash's new suit actually looks good, and they did get me absurdly excited with the Flash Gordon theme song.

I was kinda hoping we'd get Eddie jumping out of a black hole wearing Iris/Nora's jacket, but no dice. :(

Watching the episode

.....ok what's the problem you can still work on the cure but insist on keeping the patients informed

Also, they already have a way of giving people powers and a cure for said powers. Meta powers can literally be given and taken away on a whim now already. Let the guy see if it cures cancer.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So if Rosso is just around for the pre-Crisis stuff, I'm guessing Godspeed is the villain of the latter half of the season?

Not a bad episode, kinda already not feeling Rosso but that changes, and if not it doesn't seem like it will be a long term issue.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So if Rosso is just around for the pre-Crisis stuff, I'm guessing Godspeed is the villain of the latter half of the season?

Not a bad episode, kinda already not feeling Rosso but that changes, and if not it doesn't seem like it will be a long term issue.
Don't do this to yourself

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

There's a solid chance Godspeed is just one of Monitor's pre-crisis homework assignments like Malefic over on Supergirl.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Why isn't Team Flash trying to decode the Godspeak?

At least record some of it and run it through your magical computers, rather than just going "Weird noises again! Oh well!"

Like, obviously they'll decode it at some point in the future for an end-of-episode stinger, but at least show that they're smart enough to at least make an effort now.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Watching the episode

Remember when Mohinder turned himself a superhuman but became a body horror monster?

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Um, what in the hell happened to the effects during the opening chase with God Speed? It looks unfinished, are they saving their budgets for the Crisis crossover?

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Watching the episode

In fairness handing someone the ability to potentially give random people superpowers seems like it'd have a moderate chance of working out badly.

Why isn't Team Flash trying to decode the Godspeak?

At least record some of it and run it through your magical computers, rather than just going "Weird noises again! Oh well!"

Like, obviously they'll decode it at some point in the future for an end-of-episode stinger, but at least show that they're smart enough to at least make an effort now.
I think I'd prefer them not to have made the effort this episode. If this is the fourth time they've done this, they should have tried translating after the first or second time.

I say that being fully aware that there's a high chance that in a future episode they will present the idea of attempting translation as a totally new idea.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I think I'd prefer them not to have made the effort this episode. If this is the fourth time they've done this, they should have tried translating after the first or second time.

I say that being fully aware that there's a high chance that in a future episode they will present the idea of attempting translation as a totally new idea.

Yeah. Four Godspeeds in, just have Cisco off-handedly say "Well, at least we have some more modem-speak to feed into the computer, let's see if more data will make a difference" or whatever. Just an acknowledgement that yes, they have thought of the obvious solution.

I missed it - did the Monitor destroy Gideon, or just the plinth?

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
seems like they are taking a bit out of legends and trying not to be super serious all the time.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Black Hole sequence was so well done. I had a giant grin on my face the whole damn time.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
I didn't like that episode.

Did they drastically reduce the budget for this season? Because the effects were bad.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like this is the true successor the Flash season one. Meaty, fun, exciting, and we are off to a great start. Very interested in seeing if they can keep it up.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Loved the episode.

The true Crisis of the show? That god. Damn. Roof. Fix it already!

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they used an existing building for that aerial shot of STAR Labs. I think it's always been CG.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Watching the episode

Remember that getting super powers in the Arrowverse means there's a 90% chance you'll go full on villain.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Decent to good start. Thankfully they didn't drag out either the Iris keeping secrets/feelings to herself stuff and have that shit span half a season or the Killer Frost/Kaitlyn stuff and have that drag out as well like they usually would have. Hopefully they're learning and it's not just a product of Crisis being the main season stuff and rushing through the first half.

The black hole effects made no sense though. Things are being dragged on the floor instead of towards the event. Things close to it aren't effected, but stuff far away are etc. Same problem with the Supergirl ep where J'onn isn't being affected by the portal at all, but get tripped and immediately suck up into it? Uh, I guess.

Flash Gordon music was the highlight of the ep. Also, Cisco (and hopefully Barry or else it makes no sense) building a whole new suit in less than a minute and a black hole killer (Stellar Grenade) in two minutes. Plot tech gonna plot tech.

edit:
Also, who the fuck is going to fix all those windows Barry broke?

I didn't like that episode.

Did they drastically reduce the budget for this season? Because the effects were bad.
Saving the budget for Crisis, no doubt.

Last edited:

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Even if it's similar to S3's, the premise of Barry trying to cheat an inescapable death feels like it can be a great arc if they can properly map out the season. Ramamurthy's casting as the main villain already feels like a sizable step above Klein. Klein was good for the memes but that character was such a nothing-burger.

The Black Hole sequence was so well done. I had a giant grin on my face the whole damn time.
Totally agreed. Felt like The Flash at it's best.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The new showrunner would've loved to have done a fully Queen scored episode, but couldn't afford it lol

Even if it's similar to S3's, the premise of Barry trying to cheat an inescapable death feels like it can be a great arc if they can properly map out the season.
They're actually aware of that and addressed it (and more)!

Of course, Team Flash has kinda been down this road before — back in Season 3, when Iris was fated to brutally die at Savitar's hand. Will that past experience influence how they handle Barry's future date with the Reaper? "That exact question is asked and answered," Wallace confirmed. "What this story has enabled us to do is to look back at any other time when somebody was facing life and death, and see how they reacted then. We know how they reacted with Iris; how will they react next week? And I will tell you — no spoilers — it's different. It's not the same, because of what they learn next week. That's the great part of the story."

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Hmm, you know, earlier, I was never thinking it was Barry's definite death. You'd think that if it was a true sacrifice, and he died, then Iris' story (the one with her byline) would reflect that. It wouldn't just be "Flash vanishes..."

I figured the point was getting him back after he vanished.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hmm, you know, earlier, I was never thinking it was Barry's definite death. You'd think that if it was a true sacrifice, and he died, then Iris' story (the one with her byline) would reflect that. It wouldn't just be "Flash vanishes..."

I figured the point was getting him back after he vanished.
I always assumed that Barrys disappearance was when he goes back in time with Thawne the night of Noras murder and that's why he never came back was because of the new timeline.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh there's a new showrunner? Is that why this episode was so good considering the last few seasons?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not like the past seasons had literally no good episodes lol

That's fair, it's just every time I tried to drop in again the episode I watched tended to be bad. Having them at least be 1 for 1 this season with an interesting premise for the second episode fills me with hope.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Imma be disappointed if none of the OTs use "Crisis of Infinite Noras".

Fine season premiere, found it funny that both Flash and Supergirl got new suits and had to deal with a meta/alien that created "black holes" and had to go inside of them.

Entryhazard

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode definitely seems an improvement over the previous seasons

however there are some really stupid moments like Caitlin forgetting that informed consent is a thing and would already solve the ethical implications of Rosso's cure for HLH

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Loved how insane we reached ... flash jumping on a blackhole with a pose with queen behind ... i love how comic booky is this series xD

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I...mostly liked that episode? Ramsey's actor is actually pretty decent compared to Chris Klein, though having him go evil pretty much immediately was odd.

Also, I'm like 90% sure that the Monitor we saw was this universe's Anti-Monitor. We already know LaMonica is playing both characters and every glimpse of regular Monitor we've seen so far has been passive, not outright malicious like this.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Also, I'm like 90% sure that the Monitor we saw was this universe's Anti-Monitor. We already know LaMonica is playing both characters and every glimpse of regular Monitor we've seen so far has been passive, not outright malicious like this.
He had plenty of malicious moments during Elseworlds. The Monitor's always been an ambivalent jerk.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
He had plenty of malicious moments during Elseworlds. The Monitor's always been an ambivalent jerk.

Him outright telling Barry "I destroyed your video of your daughter so you'd lose all hope" is a bit more outright malicious than "I'm doing this to test you idiots to make sure you're ready for what's coming".

But I guess in the grand scheme of things to the Monitor being a dick just comes naturally. Still, I think they're trying to hoodwink us. Especially considering Oliver wasn't with the Monitor this time and he didn't even mention him when those two are supposed to be traveling together before Crisis.