• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
If he's Pariah, the characterization is way off, though. It doesn't really fit with Pariah's MO, either, because he should have been kicking around Earth 2 when it was destroyed on Arrow.

Yeah his characterization doesn't scream Pariah. The multi-dimension hopping is the only thing I see that's connectable to Pariah, but it's like what you said too. I honestly don't think Nash is Parish.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The showrunner has said Nash's story takes place over the whole season, and is an inversion of the normal Wells story. I don't think he's Pariah, who already looks different enough.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe they'll use Earth-2 Wells for Pariah, which gives him a reason to have survived.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't liked an episode of flash as much as this week's since enter flashtime. It was legit good to me to start, and it only got better when they had the Joe/Barry scene.

Good stuff.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've screwed this up badly in UK. Sky TV usually gets all the Arrowverse shows except they haven't got Batwoman, rumour is it's going to Netflix (which has Black Lightning).

Crisis gonna be great with one part missing.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
This season has been great so far. If they keep this up, it'll be their second best season easily.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that'll be after Crisis.

They've done a much better job setting up Crisis while feeling like a natural progression of the show better than they did when they set up Legends. Flash season 2 setting up Legends felt so forced. Same for Arrow's Legends set up episodes.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Godspeed is almost guaranteed to be the main villain during the second half, isn't he?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ramsay has been great so far IMO.

Compared to Cicada, he's like a better executed version of dragging out a villain that feels more like a meta of the week, that's the best I can say tbh

He just isn't intimidating at all, and I really don't care much about him as a character either.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, I completely forgot about Godspeed in the first episode.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Compared to Cicada, he's like a better executed version of dragging out a villain that feels more like a meta of the week, that's the best I can say tbh

He just isn't intimidating at all, and I really don't care much about him as a character either.
I love the mad scientist vibes i'm getting from him. He's got an interesting set of powers and I feel like the absurdity of his motivations are written and performed with a sense of self-awareness.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
still hung up on them not letting him have the dark matter in the first place

if they were so worried, they should have just brought him into star labs in the first place to do the experimentation there, so that any dark matter usage would be supervised, any test subjects would know the risks, and they could use their meta power dampening tech in case something went wrong

also they literally have a metahuman cure in the first place, there's no reason you couldn't use Ramsey's method to cure the HLH then give the metahuman cure to the patient afterwards

Oct 25, 2017
Ramamurthy is treating the character of a dark matter drinking fly vampire dude who wants to become a mortal with the exact amount of reverence that it deserves.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

if they were so worried, they should have just brought him into star labs in the first place to do the experimentation there, so that any dark matter usage would be supervised, any test subjects would know the risks, and they could use their meta power dampening tech in case something went wrong

also they literally have a metahuman cure in the first place, there's no reason you couldn't use Ramsey's method to cure the HLH then give the metahuman cure to the patient afterwards
Everyone hand wringing over dark matter is so stupid when at worst he's just giving patients super powers but they're acting like it's more than it actually is

There's no reason not to help him cure cancer

Oct 25, 2017

It's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 thing all over again. You can't tell somebody in no uncertain terms "no I'm not going to try and help save your life" and then expect them to act rationally afterwards.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love the mad scientist vibes i'm getting from him. He's got an interesting set of powers and I feel like the absurdity of his motivations are written and performed with a sense of self-awareness.

Right now I'm mainly just getting a kick out of the actor doing something similar to what he did in Heroes lol

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
It's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 thing all over again. You can't tell somebody in no uncertain terms "no I'm not going to try and help save your life" and then expect them to act rationally afterwards.
Amazing Spiderman 2 felt like they had scenes mixed up

For some reason Peter refuses to help Harry because his blood which because he has a healing factor might help him because it might be dangerous

MIGHT

Before he finds out that his blood is dangerous

Still stupid Harry has a lab he can use it's not like he would just inject himself

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Wait, what about his motivations are absurd? He's driven by a fear of dying in pain like his mother did in front of his eyes, that's probably one of the most understandable and human motivations we've seen on this show, even if he's gone WAY off the deep end.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Wait, what about his motivations are absurd? He's driven by a fear of dying in pain like his mother did in front of his eyes, that's probably one of the most understandable and human motivations we've seen on this show, even if he's gone WAY off the deep end.
Not so much those motivations but his more criminal and immoral actions like experimenting on people and the way he so nonchalantly brushes asides all potential consequences is what i'm finding absurd. I don't mean that as a pejorative either.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Not so much those motivations but his more criminal and immoral actions like experimenting on people and the way he so nonchalantly brushes asides all potential consequences is what i'm finding absurd. I don't mean that as a pejorative either.

Ah, yes, that definitely. And agreed, I wouldn't give up that dramatic Hippocrates Zoom for the world.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing Spiderman 2 felt like they had scenes mixed up

For some reason Peter refuses to help Harry because his blood which because he has a healing factor might help him because it might be dangerous

MIGHT

Before he finds out that his blood is dangerous

Still stupid Harry has a lab he can use it's not like he would just inject himself
That movie was a convoluted mess.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Regarding Godspeed, I really hope they try and follow the comic storyline more closely. It seems like the perfect story to tackle if Barry stays dead in the back half of this season. (And perhaps bring back Lia).

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE IS BACK TONIGHT

#6.05 "Kiss Kiss Breach Breach"
DANNY TREJO GUEST STARS – Cisco's (Carlos Valdes) faith in his ability to fill Barry's (Grant Gustin) shoes as Team Leader is upended when he learns of a shocking murder. Meanwhile, Killer Frost (Danielle Panabaker) trusts no one except herself to hunt down the dangerous Ramsey Rosso (guest star Sendhil Ramamurthy). Menhaj Huda directed the episode written by Kelly Wheeler & Joshua V. Gilbert (#605).

fla605a_0193b.jpg

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I hate when the CW frames something completely nonsensical as some sort of huge triumphant character moment.

It's like when Felicity just upped out of her wheelchair and bounced.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Barry fucking the timeline did some numbers on a bunch of people. Everything always comes back to Barry. Crisco wouldn't be like this if Barry hadn't fucked the timeline.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I hate when the CW frames something completely nonsensical as some sort of huge triumphant character moment.

It's like when Felicity just upped out of her wheelchair and bounced.
Remember before they decided Killer frost was a separate personality they acted like her powers were corrupting her even though she works with two metas and her husband was a meta

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
It still feels like an excuse to write out Valdes and then he decided to stay.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It still feels like an excuse to write out Valdes and then he decided to stay.

I think this is 100% the case. The whole thing felt like a blatant excuse to write Carlos out of the show and then at some point after the finale he changed his mind, so now they have to contrive a way to make him useful again.